Ultimate X-Men #63 Discussion (Spoilers)

Geez you guys...give Vaughan some credit.

DIrishB said:
I agree...I like Dazzler, but with all the Apocalypse hints being dropped (well, at least in this issue and way back in Tempest) it would make sense for Angel's character...at least in terms of turning him into Archangel. Whether this will be by Apocalypse's hand or not, it still makes sense.

Even though I like Dazzler, this idea would be a great one to make Angel darker and send him down the path to becoming Archangel. I think it would be great if he turned to the dark side himself without influence from Apocalypse. In the annual wasn't there a reference to War having another power or mutation? Am I making this up?

DIrishB said:
Huh? I thought thats what I was doing? And since Vaughan won't be writing for UXM after this arc anyway, whats it matter?

YOU were. Some of these theories are so off the wall though...

Irish_4204 said:
Even though I like Dazzler, this idea would be a great one to make Angel darker and send him down the path to becoming Archangel. I think it would be great if he turned to the dark side himself without influence from Apocalypse. In the annual wasn't there a reference to War having another power or mutation? Am I making this up?

The UXM Annual? Hmmm, I don't remember that. Just remember him having to sit out the Danger Room simulation and conversing with Prof. X about his injuries (from the Most Dangerous Game arc).

UltimateE said:
YOU were. Some of these theories are so off the wall though...

Ahhh, ok. Yeah, sometimes there's just no accounting for taste. Its one of those things that isn't quantifiable or measurable, but should be.

sorry if I'm just an idiot but has there been any anouncement as to who's taking the reigns on Ultimate X-men after Vaughn? I heard it was Geoff Johns somewhere...... or something....

germane said:
sorry if I'm just an idiot but has there been any anouncement as to who's taking the reigns on Ultimate X-men after Vaughn? I heard it was Geoff Johns somewhere...... or something....

Nothing yet, just that McNiven is doing art.

Let's get this back on topic.

germane said:

No mention yet, and considering the mystery writer/artist team will be starting with #66, which ships in December, we've all been wondering. We should know within the next week or so, at the latest once the solicitations for December are released (which should be next Wednesday I believe, but correct me if I'm wrong Ice, E, or anyone else who knows).

DIrishB said:
Oh thats right, almost forgot McNiven was the artist announced, which I'll thoroughly enjoy after being blown away by his stuff in Ultimate Secret #1 and #2.
For SINGER'S run.

DIrishB said:
Anyway, back to issue discussion of UXM #63
What was the cliffhanger in this issue? The Ultimates page?

icemastertron said:
For SINGER'S run.

Duh, sorry, I'm not good with the specific writer's/artist's of upcoming arcs since I have all that timeline crap taking up my gray matter.

What was the cliffhanger in this issue? The Ultimates page?

Yup, you didn't pick it up? Or are you being facetious?

And not to further the message board ADD I apparently exhibit on a regular basis and get this off topic again, but do you happen to have any idea when we can expect the December solicits?

I gotta say, if they ever delve into this whole Jean and Chuck psychic relationship a little more they could blow the roof off the x-men. Could you imagine tackling a student/teacher "thing" going on in Ultimate x-men? especially since uu's xavier's is much less than perfect....? just picture cyke blasting charlie and his wheel chair into the school pool or sumthin. :twisted:

Some thoughts:

- What is that storyline going to accomplish? I do not want to see a Xavier/Jean/Cyclops Love triangle. Really where's Charles gonna go from there? His character will be forever trash. It's all right for Pym to do it but not Charlie.
-Jean was officially messed up and has the potential to be one of the strongest telepaths in the world. Of course Xavier's gonna give her special attention.
-Welcome Germane.

Last edited by a moderator:
icemastertron said:
There, there. Just think of Ultimate Daredevil.

Oh wait....Ooops.

And DB-

No, I wasn't joking.

So whats up, u didn't pick up your books this week? Has hell frozen over? And please, someone answer, when can we expect the December solicitations, even an estimate would be nice. Really want to know who the new team on UXM will be until Singer and McNiven take over...kinda strange we know who's taking over next summer without knowing who'll fill-in starting in less than 3 months.

DIrishB said:
So whats up, u didn't pick up your books this week? Has hell frozen over? And please, someone answer, when can we expect the December solicitations, even an estimate would be nice. Really want to know who the new team on UXM will be until Singer and McNiven take over...kinda strange we know who's taking over next summer without knowing who'll fill-in starting in less than 3 months.
I have no money at the moment to buy comics.

Hell froze over last year.

I already told you the solits are next week. You should have noticed by now that they're out always out around Tuesday/Wednsday or Friday.

Latest posts

Back