Ultimate X-Men #64 (Discussion/spoilers).

How would you rate this issue

Votes: 14 48.3%

Votes: 10 34.5%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think they bothered to clean up Gambit's body because 1.) They were already taking care of Juggernaut AND 2.) If they left a dead body just lying there they wouldn't be doing their service. I don't get how SHIELD taking Gambit's body is significant. Perhaps he survived or whatever, but if he is dead than there's no argument.

I think Rogue fostering Gambit's spirit is a cool thing. We get to learn more about Gambit throughout her memories and actions and, in turn, there will be more character added to Rogue. I think Rogue needs some development and this sort of thing would be cool for her.

Goodwill said:
I think they bothered to clean up Gambit's body because 1.) They were already taking care of Juggernaut AND 2.) If they left a dead body just lying there they wouldn't be doing their service. I don't get how SHIELD taking Gambit's body is significant. Perhaps he survived or whatever, but if he is dead than there's no argument.

Sorry have to disagree. A dead bodies a dead body and Vaughan's a bit more clever. There's definitely something to SHIELD having the body.

I always loved stories with mutiple factions against each other. It;s bing done in USM with "Warriors" and in here too. I love this issue. But I hope we get to see Sinister.

Dr. Strangefate:
Back when he was first imprisoned, as Xavier was leaving, Cap entered spouting some line, and Magnus said something like "that wasn't funny the first fifteen times..."

So, back to the question of how Magneto is getting his info (sorry, I just read the issue), I'm going to throw out a crazy theory, just for giggles.

We know Cap has been visiting Magneto, which seems out of character. What if it was actually Mystique in Cap's form? A long shot, since surely someone would notice there are two Captain Americas, but, whatever.

Soooo, we also know there is video of Cap shooting Hawkeye and family. Also very out of character. What if Mystique was the one in the video? Magneto has a very good reason to try and hurt the ultimates, right? Maybe he sets up for cap to take the fall, breaks out of prison, then runs amok with no cap (or hawkeye for that matter) to stop him.

I really like that theory... REALLY like that theory. I don't think it would ever happen because Millar's Ultimates can't be touched by Vaughan's insignificant X-Men (Not my opinion... It's just that I think the Ultimates are extremely overrated compared to some titles... UXM for example).

Yes, welcome, though. Keep up the really good ideas.

Goodwill said:
I really like that theory... REALLY like that theory. I don't think it would ever happen because Millar's Ultimates can't be touched by Vaughan's insignificant X-Men (Not my opinion... It's just that I think the Ultimates are extremely overrated compared to some titles... UXM for example).

Yes, welcome, though. Keep up the really good ideas.
Yeah, that is a pretty awesome idea.:rockon:

fireproof said:
So, back to the question of how Magneto is getting his info (sorry, I just read the issue), I'm going to throw out a crazy theory, just for giggles.

We know Cap has been visiting Magneto, which seems out of character. What if it was actually Mystique in Cap's form? A long shot, since surely someone would notice there are two Captain Americas, but, whatever.

Soooo, we also know there is video of Cap shooting Hawkeye and family. Also very out of character. What if Mystique was the one in the video? Magneto has a very good reason to try and hurt the ultimates, right? Maybe he sets up for cap to take the fall, breaks out of prison, then runs amok with no cap (or hawkeye for that matter) to stop him.

That does make some sense, and might fit in nicely with everyone who thinks the Green Goblin is on the cover of U2 #10. Perhaps all the enemies of the Ultimates who are in lock-up somehow escape to wreak havok. Could be, though I doubt Millar would head in that direction.

DIrishB said:
That does make some sense, and might fit in nicely with everyone who thinks the Green Goblin is on the cover of U2 #10. Perhaps all the enemies of the Ultimates who are in lock-up somehow escape to wreak havok. Could be, though I doubt Millar would head in that direction.

Well, why else would there be Spider-Man, the X-Men, and the Fantastic Four showing up in the last couple of issues? It's something to consider...

Goodwill said:
Millar said so, I believe. In an interview.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure I'd have seen that, or that it would've garnered a decent amount of discussion here on the site. Besides, I really doubt Millar would rely on bringing in characters from other Ultimate books to wrap up this extremely brilliant story...it'd be a completely useless cop-out and waste of time. It'd ruin the arc for me anyway.

DIrishB said:
You sure about that? I'm pretty sure I'd have seen that, or that it would've garnered a decent amount of discussion here on the site. Besides, I really doubt Millar would rely on bringing in characters from other Ultimate books to wrap up this extremely brilliant story...it'd be a completely useless cop-out and waste of time. It'd ruin the arc for me anyway.
Agreed. I also hate any type of unnecessary Spider-Man appearances. Ultimates in his world is one thing but... And yeah, that would've been all over this site.

Back to the issue at hand.

Wacky theories can go elsewhere.

Sorry for going off topic - I was caught up in the moment.

Thanks for the welcomes, I'm glad to be here.

And to get back on topic, I enjoyed this issue, I really like that Lorna wasn't the typical gullible, "I'm sad and vulnerable so I'll follow anyone who's nice to me no matter how crazy they are" girl that we see represented in comics (and everywhere else for that matter) all the time.

One problem, though - are there no microphones or videocameras in this supercell they've decided to keep one of the world's most dangerous terrorists? This isn't the first issue where I've thought Magneto has fairly loose lips considering his situation, but nothing seems to come of it. I would have expected his conversations with visitors and cell mates to be monitored closely.

That's where a lot of my complaints came in. I thought the issue was well crafted, but forced a lot of time. Things only happened (Like, Havok getting past the Ultimates and the X-Men, Dazz and Angel ignoring the dock scene, and SHIELD, a federal defense agency, leaving a surviellance room empty) only because they needed to to get the plot moving to where it needed to be. It was a fun issue, but there were a lot of inconsistancies.

Latest posts

Back