Ultimate X-Men #67 discussion (spoilers)

E

Excelsior Club
Surprised no one started this yet.

Before we get into any spoilers, I will say this: I'm amazed at what a turnaround this book has made in one issue. #66 was terrible...#67 was actually good! Really good!

A lot of the kissy face crap was toned down - it was still there but nowhere near the main focus. The issue mainly dealt with Sabretooth attacking Wolverine and Storm, and his revelation that he is none other than...

Wolverine's son.

Whoa.

He also reveals that he was at Weapon X actually longer than Wolverine and the reason he was there was to duplicate the enhancements they made on Wolverine in case it was needed. Nice twist.

We also got a nice scene between Colossus and Nightcrawler...they are hanging out and Colossus starts sounding like he's coming on to Nightcrawler...but after sensing Nightcrawler's discomfort assures him that isn't the case. And Nightcrawler is still having a hard time dealing with the latest revelation.

And finally the conversation between Lilandra and Xavier. We find out that the Shiar organization actually worships the Phoenix, much to Xavier's shock.

The art was better this issue, and Raney did particularly well with Lilandra.

4/5. My vote for most improved title.

Kirkman is just pissing me off! Why did he have to make Sabertooth Wolverine's son? Revealations like this almost never improve characters. I'm praying Kirkman has the common sense to make this all a ruse.

The Shiar seem shockingly similar to the Hellfire club. I have my doubts that their objective are any different either.

2/5

What? I can't believe it!! I'm outraged!!

There were no scenes of Iceman and Rouge having sex??? Damn them!!! lol

But seriously, I am kinda irked at the thought of Sabertooth being Logan's son. That just seemed stupid. Hopefully this will become something good and not crappy.

The whole Shiar worshiping the Pheonix thing was actually pretty interesting. It sets up the possibility of an Ultimate Dark Pheonix saga very nicely. And it might just be me, but I almost wanna see Nightcrawler and Colossus get together. Like, we find out that Kurt is bisexual or something, that would be kinda amusing actually.

I am a little curious what Bobby and Rouge are up too......yes, I am a pervert.

UltimateE said:

I would of but. I uselly suck at posting dicussion/spoiler threads. So I just let someone who dose it better do it.

But I did like this issue. Can't wait to issue #68.

Last edited:
Sabertooth is Wolverine's son? Holy hootnanny Batman!

Ugh... I don't know what could save this arc. 4 out of 10.

Whoever the artist of this comic must never work in the business again! This is really bad, I mean really really bad. If you want an example look at Lliandra's face at one point when she's talking to Xavier; it went from being somewhat normal to extremely elongated in another panel.

Why didn't they put this Sabertooth/Wolverine relationship in another arc or even better yet a mini. This type of revelation could have certainly deserved it and in this arc it defitnely falls flat with dialouge, emotions, and timing (they cut to a different scene right after Sabes tells Wolverine!). I really think this could have been good but instead looks like a poor revelation that won't give anything.

Nightcrawler/Collosus is possibly the only thing I am looking forward to in this arc because I want to see what Nightcrawler is thinking. But on the other hand I have never ever seen dialouge worse (grammar?) in a comic. My eyes began to bleed as Peter talked. Just really poor way to do a foriegn accent. Every two words out of Peter's mouth was "yes" and his grammar was really really bad (I out of synonyms for bad today).

Jean/Cyclops.... YAWN, more of Jean suggesting and controlling Cyclops as he tries to be more like Wolverine in terms of spontineity and hormones.

Lliandra/Xavier- Sounds like Hellfire Club to me... Either start Phoenix saga or don't if the author is just going to rehash story lines with different names.

Iceman/Rogue, I hate the way this started off and how it will most likely end.

As for Spidey and Kitty, Im thankful they only have had a total of three panels in this arc so far because I don't want the author ruining them.

And the art!!!! :sick:

UltimateE said:

Before we get into any spoilers, I will say this: I'm amazed at what a turnaround this book has made in one issue. #66 was terrible...#67 was actually good! Really good!

A lot of the kissy face crap was toned down - it was still there but nowhere near the main focus. The issue mainly dealt with Sabretooth attacking Wolverine and Storm, and his revelation that he is none other than...

Wolverine's son.

Whoa.

He also reveals that he was at Weapon X actually longer than Wolverine and the reason he was there was to duplicate the enhancements they made on Wolverine in case it was needed. Nice twist.

We also got a nice scene between Colossus and Nightcrawler...they are hanging out and Colossus starts sounding like he's coming on to Nightcrawler...but after sensing Nightcrawler's discomfort assures him that isn't the case. And Nightcrawler is still having a hard time dealing with the latest revelation.

And finally the conversation between Lilandra and Xavier. We find out that the Shiar organization actually worships the Phoenix, much to Xavier's shock.

The art was better this issue, and Raney did particularly well with Lilandra.

4/5. My vote for most improved title.
Same thoughts here. Better issue than before. I do like Raney's rendition of Lilandra, but I would love to see Peterson draw her. Would also love if he came back to the title, too.

I though it was a good twist making Sabretooth Wolverine's son. It makes some sense as why they are all so in to each other.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm not sure how I feel about the Logan/Sabertooth right now. I guess it depends on the delivery. Since this is the case though.... I hope Sabertooth killed his mother.
I hope he was lured/brainwashed to kill his own mother by Weapon X. That would make some interesting development between him and Wolverine.

Edit: And did someone else notice the letters page when one reader asked "Is there any plan for an Ultimate Cable?" and got "Ultimate Cable, hm...?" as an answer?

Last edited:
Ultimate Warrior said:
Edit: And did someone else notice the letters page when one reader asked "Is there any plan for an Ultimate Cable?" and got "Ultimate Cable, hm...?" as an answer?
Could be just a tease. You never know.

Ultimate Warrior said:
And did someone else notice the letters page when one reader asked "Is there any plan for an Ultimate Cable?" and got "Ultimate Cable, hm...?" as an answer?

That would be so freakin' awsome!

Kirkman has pulled of a reverse Darth Vader. Damn.

Liked it over all. I'm really wondering what's the point of the new kid, though. Kirkman must have a plan for him but since his powers are obscure, it's hard to guess. I'm sure he's meant to be pitied and make Fury look like even more of a bad guy, though.

3.5/5

E.Vi.L. said:
Liked it over all. I'm really wondering what's the point of the new kid, though. Kirkman must have a plan for him but since his powers are obscure, it's hard to guess. I'm sure he's meant to be pitied and make Fury look like even more of a bad guy, though.

I think the kid will be the reason why Xavier will accept Lilandra's money.

I liked the Sabretooth being Wolverine's son revelation. I liked that page and the page preceeding it.

That is all.

We have mystery man who is such a blank slate, I don't even care if he dies. There's not even the slightest hint that he's related to ANYTHING of value, save the fact that he's taking up space in the issue.

We have the boring nonsense with Scott, Jean, Rogue, Iceman, and everyone else who all talk the same. My God, they talk such bollocks.

Except for Colossus and Nightcrawler, who have unique voices - because of their accent. Their little plot would be interesting - if something happened. So far, Kurt is no longer at ease with Colossus. As he was the issue before.

Lilandra is boring. She goes on and on about how amazing she is and her church is, yet all we are treated to is a dinner in a resteraunt, and no one near them seems to care about what they're discussing. It's hard to believe this is "important" when it's not delivered as such.

And Raney isn't doing a good job either.

Nothing's happening, and I actually felt sick from this title's blandness.

I don't think I'll pick up next month's issue. It's just boring.

I don't doubt Kirkman has real talent because a lot of his work gets praise (though I've not read it), but is X-Men so far, is just - it's like eating styrofoam.

Bass said:
I liked the Sabretooth being Wolverine's son revelation. I liked that page and the page preceeding it.

That is all.

We have mystery man who is such a blank slate, I don't even care if he dies. There's not even the slightest hint that he's related to ANYTHING of value, save the fact that he's taking up space in the issue.

We have the boring nonsense with Scott, Jean, Rogue, Iceman, and everyone else who all talk the same. My God, they talk such bollocks.

Except for Colossus and Nightcrawler, who have unique voices - because of their accent. Their little plot would be interesting - if something happened. So far, Kurt is no longer at ease with Colossus. As he was the issue before.

Lilandra is boring. She goes on and on about how amazing she is and her church is, yet all we are treated to is a dinner in a resteraunt, and no one near them seems to care about what they're discussing. It's hard to believe this is "important" when it's not delivered as such.

And Raney isn't doing a good job either.

Nothing's happening, and I actually felt sick from this title's blandness.

I don't think I'll pick up next month's issue. It's just boring.

I don't doubt Kirkman has real talent because a lot of his work gets praise (though I've not read it), but is X-Men so far, is just - it's like eating styrofoam.

I have to agree with Bass here (which you all know I hate to do). Anyway, this certainly isn't Kirkman's best work, far from it. I think the term "flat" describes this arc so far very well. Its just been boring, the art isn't anything special (really unimpressed with Raney on these issues), etc. I know after Magnetic North it makes sense to have a more toned-down arc, but there's "toned-down" and then there's "boring". This arc, at least for me, has been the latter so far. I'm hoping the next issue brings the bar back up some. Or maybe I'm just spoiled after Vaughan's run.

2/5

Ultimate Cable would kick ***. That is all.

No, it's not. Sabertooth brainwashed? Nope.

Wolverine should have a past darker and bloodier than Satan's. He raised Sabertooth who followed in his own footsteps. Now Wolverine is trying to redeem himself but in order for things to be real interesting, we need Sabertooth to remain the biggest son of ***** ever. He should be the reason Logan's wife is dead.

Latest posts

Back