Ultimate X-Men #69 (spoilers)

Not liking the magician character at all.... He seems way, way too powerful.. kind of like the Scarlet Witch at the end. I admit, I don't know much about him.. but if he can do stuff like will the brotherhood into randomly attacking a dance.. then that, to me, is too powerful.

Ech.

Issue was good overall, however.

I really think The Brotherhood appearance is very forced. I don't want them all to just crash the party. It doesn't make sense. Aren't some of them held up elsewhere? This has to be some cheap parlor trick... it's the only thing that makes sense and I don't even want it to be like that. It's too campy for them to crash a party like that, it's like an Archie comic plot or something.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I really think The Brotherhood appearance is very forced. I don't want them all to just crash the party. It doesn't make sense. Aren't some of them held up elsewhere? This has to be some cheap parlor trick... it's the only thing that makes sense and I don't even want it to be like that. It's too campy for them to crash a party like that, it's like an Archie comic plot or something.

ActuallyI was thinking the same thing. When Magician goes :It's like magic at the end and his hand is glowing, I think He summoned these fake brotherhood members unconsiously. Like they're not real. I mean, it would be cool if it was ordered by Magneto, but I don't think we'll see anything like that.

Anyway, I do have a problem with the UWvsH thing. This means that magnetic noth, Ultimate X4, Date nite and this charade (phoenix?) are all stories between Ultimates 2 #6 and Ultimates 2 #7. It seems like too much for only a two weeks time period.

Hawkeye101 said:
ActuallyI was thinking the same thing. When Magician goes :It's like magic at the end and his hand is glowing, I think He summoned these fake brotherhood members unconsiously. Like they're not real. I mean, it would be cool if it was ordered by Magneto, but I don't think we'll see anything like that.

Anyway, I do have a problem with the UWvsH thing. This means that magnetic noth, Ultimate X4, Date nite and this charade (phoenix?) are all stories between Ultimates 2 #6 and Ultimates 2 #7. It seems like too much for only a two weeks time period.

I'm pretty sure it was 6 weeks... :?

ProjectX2 said:
I'm pretty sure it was 6 weeks... :?

really? where did i get two? Anyway, it still all seems like quite alot. I'm not saying everything needs to pause untilUltimates 2 is done, but writers need to watch theirtime lines better.

This one sucked. The art was crap. The story was crap, and it made me use the word crap three times.

Synch said:
This one sucked. The art was crap. The story was crap, and it made me use the word crap three times.

It made you use it four times by my count.

I really don't like the art. Jean looks especially bad.

I'm a bit intrigued by the kid though I believe that Elliot is simply gonna play Syndrome to the X-Men's Incredibles.

He wants in, they say not so fast, he turns villain. Oh well. I think Hawkeye101 is correct about the magician being somehow involved with the brotherhood attack.

E.Vi.L. said:
He wants in, they say not so fast, he turns villain. Oh well. I think Hawkeye101 is correct about the magician being somehow involved with the brotherhood attack.
Somehow? The ending shows specificially he is the cause of it.

Hawkeye101 said:
It made you use it four times by my count.
What the hell is this guy talking about?

Anyway, Wolverine seemed a little weird. Did anybody else read him that way?

Ice said:
Somehow? The ending shows specificially he is the cause of it.

No, it implies he is somehow responsible. Unless you can explain specifically how his power works?

I mean, are these fake brotherhood? Real brotherhood displaced and twisted to fit Elliot's scenario? Did Elliot do this consciously or not? Is he able to to project his thoughts this far or is just wishing for something like this to happen enough to make it happen?

E.Vi.L. said:
No, it implies he is somehow responsible. Unless you can explain specifically how his power works?

Agreed.

E.Vi.L. said:

I mean, are these fake brotherhood? Real brotherhood displaced and twisted to fit Elliot's scenario? Did Elliot do this consciously or not? Is he able to to project his thoughts this far or is just wishing for something like this to happen enough to make it happen?
If he's somehow responsible, then how else would you explain it? His hand was glowing. I mean, the Brotherhood appearing out of nowhere in the Academy of Tomorrow? No, sorry, he is the cause of it. How his powers work, we don't know the full details yet, but we can guess from what we've seen the last two issues.

Wether the Brotherhood is real or not, that's another story.

E said:
That's all you gotta say? And you used to tell me to say more than just "agreed". :wink:

Last edited:
Ice said:
If he's somehow responsible, then how else would you explain it? His hand was glowing. I mean, the Brotherhood appearing out of nowhere in the Academy of Tomorrow? No, sorry, he is the cause of it. How his powers work, we don't know the full details yet, but we can guess from what we've seen the last two issues.

You're annoying me on semantics here.

I said he is "Somehow responsible" or "somehow Involved". It means that I'm saying I believe that this person is involved or responsible. I just can't be sure of the exact means and degree of that responsability.

And here you keep coming at me saying that he is responsible but we don't really know how his powers work yet.

Well,

YEAH!

Is he aware of what he did or not? Did he create the Brotherhood from thin air or did he just rearange reality so that these guys decided to crash the party? What's going on?

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
You're annoying me on semantics, except you are the one who don't get what I'm saying.

I said he is "Somehow responsible" or "somehow Involved". It means that I'm saying this person is involved or responsible. I just can't be sure of the exact means and degree of that responsability.

And here you keep coming at me saying that he is responsible but we don't really know how his powers work yet.

Well,

YEAH.
Wow, easy there.

Yes we don't know how his powers work yet, but like I said, we can take a guess from what has been shown to us. I mean, we can even take a clue from his name, if that can help at all.

They are going to kill him. It's a setup, they introduce a lame character to teach the rest of the team a lesson when he dies. Kinda like beast accept no one will care about the guy when he dies. Maybe Cyclops will feel responsible.

Synch said:
They are going to kill him. It's a setup, they introduce a lame character to teach the rest of the team a lesson when he dies. Kinda like beast accept no one will care about the guy when he dies. Maybe Cyclops will feel responsible.
I don't see Kirkman killing off his own creation. Don't see that happening anytime at all, but we never know.

I would like for him to actually be fleshed out and be written more interesting. He's ok right now, but better can always be done.

Latest posts

Back