Ultimate X-Men #69 (spoilers)

The issue was ok. Something huge needs to happen to get this book back on track, though. Kirkman should play up Magneto more and more.

Goodwill said:
The issue was ok. Something huge needs to happen to get this book back on track, though. Kirkman should play up Magneto more and more.
I think it's time for Mags to take another break. We just had an arc with him. No reason to go back so soon and do anything with Magneto just yet.

Ice said:
I think it's time for Mags to take another break. We just had an arc with him. No reason to go back so soon and do anything with Magneto just yet.

Agreed. Give him time to set up his next plan for world domination.

Besides, with Kirkman being a "filler" writer, I doubt they'd let him tackle a major plotline like that.

E said:
Agreed. Give him time to set up his next plan for world domination.

Besides, with Kirkman being a "filler" writer, I doubt they'd let him tackle a major plotline like that.

He's not really a filler anymore, he's on for a good long time.

I think Magneto's character should evolve from the world dominator to a character that is a royal pain in the *** to the X-Men... Like, I don't like the idea that he just comes around for an arc or so and then is either arrested or fakes his death until next time. I think we should give him a role that will create constant tension... Maybe then this title will seem like it has a direction.

ProjectX2 said:
He's not really a filler anymore, he's on for a good long time.

His run has been extended, but he's still a filler.

Ice said:
Like BKV, but BKV was better.

After the Sinister arc, I didn't really get the feeling BKV was a filler. I thought what he was doing with Cry Wolf and the Most Dangerous Game were entirely up to him... He could've killed Dazzler at the end of Magnetic North for all he cared. He knew what he was doing and didn't hesitate when he had a good idea. I think a good example of this is Magnetic North. Some may have thought that Mystique's ultimization was useless, but she served a pretty big role in Magneto's escape. BKV, in my opinion, wasn't a filler.

Kirkman I get the feeling he's a filler... Perhaps he should try an arc longer than three issues so he can develop something a little more.

Goodwill said:
After the Sinister arc, I didn't really get the feeling BKV was a filler.
And THAT's why BKV was better. :wink:

Goodwill said:
BKV, in my opinion, wasn't a filler.
He was. But just look above this quote to see why he didn't seem as one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back