Ultimate X-Men #70...(Spoilers???)

TheManWithoutFear said:
And awesome that writers are using Kitty's superhero relationship as an excuse to not write and extra character. Lame.
It's not an excuse but keeping things in continuity.

I can't help but feel this would all be better if Magician wasn't there... I don't know, he just doesnt' gell with the team, you know? I don't get his character, it's just there... And there doesn't seem to be a point as to why he's there, taking up time, when we could be developing more on Magneto and Longshot.

Goodwill said:
I can't help but feel this would all be better if Magician wasn't there... I don't know, he just doesnt' gell with the team, you know? I don't get his character, it's just there... And there doesn't seem to be a point as to why he's there, taking up time, when we could be developing more on Magneto and Longshot.
If the Magician wasn't there, this all would be pointless. Of course you don't know why he's there. NO ONE DOES! Kirkman is building up (somewhat) to that point. And you seem to be stuck on Magneto and Longshot. Give a it a break. You can't have have them resurface every other arc! They had their time again with Vaughan's last arc. Give them some breathing room. There's other of characters to work on besides them. They'll be back sooner or later.

Ice said:
If the Magician wasn't there, this all would be pointless. Of course you don't know why he's there. NO ONE DOES! Kirkman is building up (somewhat) to that point.

But thats what we thought about Geldoff (i know its different writer, but it kinda same situation).... i mean everyone thought he was goin to be a big thing, and tie into events coming, but hes gone!
Never to be seen or talked about again?

Last edited:
Shihad said:
But thats what we thought about Geldoff (i know its different writer, but it kinda same situation).... i mean everyone thought he was goin to be a big thing, and tie into events coming, but hes gone!
Never to be seen or talked about again?
But Geldoff wasn't put into a team and we do know something will happen with the Magician due to the next arc being called "Magical" and that it's revealing things about him. :?

And it's not the same situation at all.

Last edited:
the character is just there... Like, I don't even feel the Magician has a personality. Not like the other characters, at least. When we were first introduced to him, the Magician was a horrified teenager, whose powers just emerged. Consequently, his powers spun out of control, killing his parents and prompting Nick Fury to capture him and give him up to Xavier. Now that the Magician is at the mansion, he's got full control of his powers, the instability of them irrelevant, and, now that he knows where he is, he will stop at nothing to become an X-Man. Wait... WHAT? I realize Xavier is preoccupied, but things have been entirely too forced with the Magician.

Goodwill said:
the character is just there... Like, I don't even feel the Magician has a personality. Not like the other characters, at least. When we were first introduced to him, the Magician was a horrified teenager, whose powers just emerged. Consequently, his powers spun out of control, killing his parents and prompting Nick Fury to capture him and give him up to Xavier. Now that the Magician is at the mansion, he's got full control of his powers, the instability of them irrelevant, and, now that he knows where he is, he will stop at nothing to become an X-Man. Wait... WHAT? I realize Xavier is preoccupied, but things have been entirely too forced with the Magician.
Exactly. You find that suspicious (didnt know what to do before with his powers, now he does) like a lot of people. Its being presented somewhat slow, but we'll see what's up with the Magician.

Kitty not being there IS a development with her character.

Sooner or later, her spending too much time with Parker and not enough time with the X-Men is going to be of consequence, and that consequence wouldn't be possible without showing her gone every once in awhile. It's not enough to just SAY she's with Spidey all the time... We've got to be SHOWN she's with Spidey all the time else people will ***** that they're not doing enough to cement how serious Kitty and Peter are.

The issue itself was slow, but I'm only saying that because I like trades.

I'm curious to see if the comment about Jean's parents is an oversight or on purpose.

That, despite the fact that I've always hated the Phoenix stuff.

Good call with the Kitty business... I think the relationship development is more important in Ultimate Spider-Man than in Ultimate X-Men, though. I think that is what you're saying, too. The Deadpool arc was supposed to be a relationship builder of sorts, but there wasn't as big an emphasis on it as I would have thought... The way Bendis played it up to begin with.

Also, I'd like see Kitty's new costume on a bit more... Maybe even in UXM.

The Phoenix stuff is beginning to bother me, too. It should be epic. Huge. However, Kirkman has contained it in small three part arcs and is dragging it out far too long for my tastes.

after watching the moive and reading this issue, it felt like Blockbuster from USM in a way...

but i like where this is going so far, it should be very intersting to see how far they take dark Pheniox thing...and i wonder what has storm so scared....

TheManWithoutFear said:
Storm was scared.

Over at comixfan.com, they're going on about how the Ultimate Universe should mimic the movie-verse more closely than 616. They've also trashed BKV's run on UXM. bunch o' idiots.

yeah, i think the line was something like..."i knew i'd find something....but never thought it'd be so ODD" from...his name escapes me at the moment.

i'm still playing catch up...theres a reason i go to the gym at 1am in the morning...its the only time i have...im hoping to be caught up with UX-men by the end of the June....I HOPE.

and there just being picky that BKV used 7 vowel instead of normal 5 he used 3 E's and only 2 A's and 2 I's. mixed in with one constant before the G, but not after the L cuz that would mean that...... i hate people that over pick...enjoy the damn book people...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Storm was scared.

Over at comixfan.com, they're going on about how the Ultimate Universe should mimic the movie-verse more closely than 616. They've also trashed BKV's run on UXM. bunch o' idiots.

What's their logic behind that?

Goodwill said:
What's their logic behind that?

A good dose of ignorance.

TheManWithoutFear said:
They're diehard "The Ultimate Universe has to be completely different from 616"

Then Spider-Man should have been called Fly-Man.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back