Ultimate X-Men #70...(Spoilers???)

So I missed this issue when it was released because I went to get it around 2pm and the new shop I'm going to (actually the ONLY shop here in Panama City FL) was all out.

He finally got a back issue in today for me.

I despise the writer. I despise the artist. I despise the colors. I despise the magician.

So the kid moved Blob....impressive---but not enough for me to really care. I'd still rather see "The Immovable" vs "The Unstoppable". Blob vs Juggernaut.

Seriously....1/5. Seriously. So serious, I'm cereal.

Victor Von Doom said:
I despise the writer. I despise the artist. I despise the colors. I despise the magician.
Welcome to the world of the enlightened comicbook reader. You have correctly identified crap in its purist form.

Eh, I'm giving the Magician some time.

People have really written him off almost immediately and I'm just left wondering, "Why?"

So the new kid gets thrown into prominence faster than he probably should have... Okay, it happens all the time in comics... So why should we hate him again?

People ***** when Ultimate writers do ports of 616 stories, and they ***** when they don't.

There's no happy medium.

Very true, but I think there should be a notable difference between a new character that has a point of being there and one that just seems to be there as an excuse to break the Brotherhood out and take the fun away from the other characters...

Goodwill said:
Very true, but I think there should be a notable difference between a new character that has a point of being there and one that just seems to be there as an excuse to break the Brotherhood out and take the fun away from the other characters...

I'm waiting until the Magical arc to make my final assesment on the Magician. We don't know who he is (As it seems he's lying) or what, exctly, his powers are. Hopefully, we'll get some good character development for him in that arc.

after reading the storie : could it be that he is proteus in diguise?
I mean he has nearly same powers and it could be that he possessed a mutant with regenerational powersand then simply "I will have my fun with daddys and some of magneto's followers"

Hellharlequin said:

That crossed my mind as well, and makes sense in light of the "darker Xavier" news.

Hellharlequin said:
I mean he has nearly same powers and it could be that he possessed a mutant with regenerational powersand then simply "I will have my fun with daddys and some of magneto's followers"
I would be as surprised as hell if Kirkman was that creative.

Hellharlequin said:

That. . .

. . .would totally redeem Kirkman's excedingly dull and pointless stories thus far.

But, I don't know if I give him that much credit.

Latest posts

Back