Ultimate X-Men #72 discussion [spoilers]

Goodwill said:
Storm is more than just the token black female - she's emerging as a much better leader than Scott. Scott and her should start fighting or, at least, they should be on shaky ground together.
Ooo! That's a good idea! It can be like the fight Storm had with Callisto in 616 where she ended up with the leadership over them, except here, she'd be fighting Cykes for leadership of the X-Men as you've said! I think that's brilliant!

Ice said:
Ooo! That's a good idea! It can be like the fight Storm had with Callisto in 616 where she ended up with the leadership over them, except here, she'd be fighting Cykes for leadership of the X-Men as you've said! I think that's brilliant!

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

Ice said:

I'm pretty sure it's happened before in the 616 universe, too...

And if it is sarcasm... :twisted:

Goodwill said:
I'm pretty sure it's happened before in the 616 universe, too...

And if it is sarcasm... :twisted:
No, it is no sarcasm. I'm dead serious about it. I want to see that happen.

I don't know if i't happened in 616 between the two, though.

Earlier on in Ultimate X-Men especially in the Millar run it felt more like Jean was second in command instead of Storm as in the 616 universe.

I wish Jean would try to command more. Then we could have the fight between Jean and Cyke over leadership of the X-Men.

And yes Cyke lost to Storm but I think he let her win if I remember correctly. He was going through a lot of **** and he knew wasn't as good of a leader as Storm was at that point and he wanted the best for the X-Men.

Now why or even how could you say that?

Scott's a great leader. Proof of this is the single fact that anyone from a wise-*** like Iceman to the team hateing Wolverine will follow any order given by Cyke.

He holds the team together! Yes he seems boring on the outside but really it's because he WANTS to be better to make everyone better. He crams his head full of stratagies and tactics so he's prepared for everything and that day in day out everyone comes out alive.

And read Joss Wheldon's Asthonishing X-Men! Joss is doing some pretty good things with Cyke there. Such as he CAN...well...I won't spoil it.

But don't just start Cyke bashing. He's a good character. He's all about being in control so unlike Wolverine we don't see Cyke going crazy and killing a group of people. That gives Cyke the air of being a boyscout like Superman or Captain America but all three characters are so much more.

Goodwill said:
Cyke's a *****. 616, UU, or otherwise. I wish someone would turn him into an interesting character.

New X-Men 114-154. Check it out.

Also collected in 7 TPBs and in a huge Omnibus coming this December.

Random said:
I agree Cyclops should alway be such a better character.

To me he always seems like the better man in every aspect. I love how he just rejects xavier.

X: But this is my school.

Cyclops: Not anymore bastard. Now get outta here you flatline before I cause AoA in this timeline!!!

I say he's interesting in the Ultimate Universe too. He's just so unpopular because he plays by the book and isn't an easy turn on for the fans. Which is why I like him. He's likeable enough because he doesn't deviate but people can't stand him because of it also. He's the character you love to hate but not the same way you would a villain. A needed dynamic.

Latest posts

Back