Ultimate X-Men #76 Discussion *spoilers*

BKV's rant...you mean that crap about the Cacasian Club? BKV kicked all sorts of *** in that. And was right on the money. If you disagree with his statement, so?

As for Ice's "this is out of character" I don't think so, didn't think so when I read the book itself and Doc's well worded posts did nothing to effect it. It's not out of character at all, someone in these books that are written out of character is Nick Fury in Bendis's USM.

I mean come on, the girl was stabbed in the gut and almost bleed to death. If you went to school where that happened every time someone with powers attacks, no matter how fun it started out as you'd want to quit.

She's 14, younger than Spider-Man. She's stabbed, not long ago a team member that brainwashed her to liking him turned on them and could have easily taken them all out.

Should she say, "I used to think I wanted this--". Idk, maybe? But seriously I don't like how everytime I read something, or go to a movie things are overly stated so everyone gets it.

This arc has been great, nothing has been wrong in it at all. Kirkman's owning this book.

MWoF, are you seriously trying to suggest that anyone who disagrees with you and Ice is blindly following DSF?

And this argument is really pointless. It can be read either way. Sure, it might have been an incredibly minor continuity error, or it might have been a too subtle character moment. Either way it doesn't matter.

MWoF, are you seriously trying to suggest that anyone who disagrees with you and Ice is blindly following DSF?

And this argument is really pointless. It can be read either way. Sure, it might have been an incredibly minor continuity error, or it might have been a too subtle character moment. Either way it doesn't matter.
No. I'm basically telling you to not tell Ice to drop it just because you think DSF is right.

And what I am saying is that the perspective of the girl who wanted to go on the adventures before she knew the troubles they would cause is different from the girl who has been through these adventures at risk of life and limb.
Before she knew? She was brought in after the X-Men were shown to the world via almost every news media. It's not like they go baking cakes or anything to make mutants seem harmless.

Ice, just drop it. Its completely inconsequential either way, and its also entirely possible Kitty was shaken and forgetful, or rationalizing, or any of the other possibilities already mentioned.
Excuse me, but I believe this is an actual discussion on a comic, not insults flying about. I don't have to drop anything.

As for Ice's "this is out of character" I don't think so, didn't think so when I read the book itself and Doc's well worded posts did nothing to effect it. It's not out of character at all, someone in these books that are written out of character is Nick Fury in Bendis's USM.
For the last time: *I* never said she was out of character.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but I believe this is an actual discussion on a comic, not insults flying about. I don't have to drop anything.

Whoa there...

Nobody is flinging insults about. I'm not trying to offend you, I just think its completely inconseqential either way, and both viewpoints could be correct. I dont think you are necesarily wrong, and I dont think DSF is necesarily right. Its just not clear either way, and I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Kirkman.

And BTW MWoF, I never said I agreed with DSF. I said I don't think it matters either way.

you should get Bendis to call you an antisemetic nazi, and you'll be set... heh.

Last edited:
What I'm really looking forward to is how good the story is about what Cable's future is like, and why it is that way. He's set it up to make it seem like everything's going to be very different that the 616. At this point, my guess is Xavier's plan is revealed to the public, or it goes terribly wrong, and the public turns against mutants in a huge way. Then there's a war between mutants and humans that nearly destroys the world. So, Cable/Wolverine goes back to stop Xavier from going through with his plan.
He's not God.
Shows how much you know. BKV just hasn't chosen to reveal his true greatness to the world. Now he is gathering his faithful.

Last edited:
Ultimate AoA in the future? So he thinks he can kill xavier but instead Magneto jumps in the way and dies and boom, that's what triggered the future timeline..either way it's cable's fault.

Latest posts

Back