Ultimate X-Men #77 Discussion (Spoilers!)

hm... So does anyone else get the impression that Kirkman might have dropped Rogue in the infirmary so that she can convince Kitty to stay with the X-Men, setting up Kitty as one of the stronger characters when the team falls apart in a few issues?

No, Kitty's as good as gone.

Spoilers if you haven't kept up with the UXM solicitations:

The X-Men are on the verge of disbanding and man o' man this will open up for so many great stories to come!

The X-Men leaderless and broken up. Nightcrawler out of his telepathic coma, and Wolverine gone to play loner while the others struggle to find a place to go. Maybe Colossus trying to bring his family to America (or convincing Northstar to go to Russia). And while the X-Men act like teenagers that are suddenly on the street without their leader or his help, three forces move to control or reign them in.

1- Emma Frost will want to take them in.
2- I'm sure Magneto will have an opinion on the X-Men and their membership.
3- Do you seriously think Nick Fury won't appear the next day offering the X-Men memberships to the Ultimates? Or a sub-team under SHIELD?

It's going to be great to watch.

The X-Men are on the verge of disbanding and man o' man this will open up for so many great stories to come!

The X-Men leaderless and broken up. Nightcrawler out of his telepathic coma, and Wolverine gone to play loner while the others struggle to find a place to go. Maybe Colossus trying to bring his family to America (or convincing Northstar to go to Russia). And while the X-Men act like teenagers that are suddenly on the street without their leader or his help, three forces move to control or reign them in.

3- Do you seriously think Nick Fury won't appear the next day offering the X-Men memberships to the Ultimates? Or a sub-team under SHIELD?

1 is a definet possibility. 3 can happen. 2- doubt it. Like I've mentioned before, Kirkman said he is not touching Magneto and will leave him be for a good long while.

I want to see what happens with Kurt out of his coma... If he was crazy then, imagine how all this might affect him...

About the other people. I think it's pretty obvious that Kitty's leaving, although that was a given.

Magneto won't be involved in any of this stuff, at least not for a while. It'd have rocked to see it happen though.

I can totally see Nick Fury offering the older guys a membership in the Ultimates, or even "offering" them the way he did with Spidey. I would hate that, for the record.

I think that after all this, the most obvious or logical thing to happen, is that most of the X-kids/guys defect to Emma's.

I see Piotr either going there just for JP, or back to Russia. Not sure if he would or wouldn't. I gave up trying to decipher stuff in UXM a long time ago.

Scott... Would be really cool to see the dynamic between him, Alex and Lorna, specially if Jean goes with him (which I doubt).

Bobby would go to the Academy of Tomorrow, and Rogue would follow like a puppy. You know she would.

Storm might either go solo because of Wolverine leaving, or go with the other kids at the AoT for unity's sake. She'd be sad, granted, but at least she wouldn't be lonely...

Oy. I'm totally hooked with this :lol:

I'm certainly enjoying it more than I'm enjoying the Clone Saga :roll:

Im thinking Nightcrawler might join up with Magneto..after all the **** that went down withthe X-men..it wouldnt be that hard for Magneto to manipulate him.

or here's a though what if some of the X-men form the Ultimate X-Factor?

Im thinking Nightcrawler might join up with Magneto..after all the **** that went down withthe X-men..it wouldnt be that hard for Magneto to manipulate him.
That's so one dimensional. The X-Men gave me a hard time so I'm gonna side with their polar opposite? Lame. I hope Nightcrawler tries to redeem himself. It's not like he's ever acted like a terrible person before Kirkman got a hold of him.

That's so one dimensional. The X-Men gave me a hard time so I'm gonna side with their polar opposite? Lame. I hope Nightcrawler tries to redeem himself. It's not like he's ever acted like a terrible person before Kirkman got a hold of him.

True..but im not saying he'll say yes right away either.

But really after the whole thing wth dazzler..he doesnt seem all good in the head....if anything it might be best if he just went solo ....become one of the Ultimate Housemen...Apocalypse has to show up eventualy.....ok that not likely.

sooo yeah going solo would be best for him..

I wouldn't be surprised, or upset, if Nightcrawler ended up as a Horseman of Apocalypse.

Hypothetically, that would make a lot of sense coupled with the "Apocalypse is Xavier" hypothesis. What if Xavier, or some twisted part of his psyche was screwing with Nightcrawler's psyche from the start, twisting him in a way that would make him ideal as a Horseman? ;) That would really put a new spin on the whole "I know you're not evil" perspective, yeah?

I wouldn't be surprised, or upset, if Nightcrawler ended up as a Horseman of Apocalypse.

Hypothetically, that would make a lot of sense coupled with the "Apocalypse is Xavier" hypothesis. What if Xavier, or some twisted part of his psyche was screwing with Nightcrawler's psyche from the start, twisting him in a way that would make him ideal as a Horseman? ;) That would really put a new spin on the whole "I know you're not evil" perspective, yeah?

And why Sinister was seeing things...
and the reason why Xavier couldnt read his mind would be becouse the corrupted side didnt allow him.

I gotta tell ya, I've never been a fan of the Xavier is Apocalypse theory. I think it's the farthest thing you could possible reach for in UXM.

If you want to follow through with the Xavier has an evil alter-ego, I think the convent Shadow King story after Xavier's death could possibly be Xavier's evil side released.

It could work and be perfectly fine of a story. You could use comic book physics and say Xavier left an evil psychic imprint on the reality and thusly created an evil shadow version of Charles Xavier, thus being the Shadow King.

The other possibility in my mind for Shadow King is that he was a telepathic prisoner Xavier had kept hidden or chained. And since Charlie boy's dead the prisoner is set free...without a body since his body is long since dead.

Either would work, and I'm actually hoping Kirkman can surprise me with something better than those.

1 is a definet possibility. 3 can happen. 2- doubt it. Like I've mentioned before, Kirkman said he is not touching Magneto and will leave him be for a good long while.

Well that's why I said he'd have an opinion, not that he'd want to teach the school. In this universe Nick Fury wouldn't allow it, the moment Magneto step foot in school the Ultimates would greet him with a nice house warming gift.

That's too bad. Magneto being free could open up a lot of things.

That is true...

That or he's always around. At least in my opinion. The thing about Magneto is that he's more than a villain... More than one that'll come and go, anyway. He's a royal pain in Xavier's side and his friend, all the same. There are a lot of things that Magneto could offer to the title that other characters couldn't.

Anyway. I'm sorry. I'm probably off topic right now.

Latest posts

Back