Ultimate X-Men #77 Discussion (Spoilers!)

Jean's not a slut.

And Emma Frost will take most of them in. Not Wolverine, Colossus, or Cyke. (Wolverine's too violent for Emma, Colossus's ties to the mafia, and Cyke hates Havok too much to stay near him long enough to be at that school).

If I had to bet money, Magneto will get involved in someway. Blaming Xavier's death on himself, for not giving mutants a figurehead to rally around, and we've got the Brotherhood back. And this time no X-Men to fight them.

I would love to have Magneto come back. And Longshot. I love Ultimate Longshot, maybe because I've always hated him in 616....

Xavier dying brings up countless possible stories, and is actually a death I can agree with. Ultimate X-Men without Xavier is far more interesting then with him.

Hell, it will be worth the 2 bucks a month just to see Cyke have trouble keeping up with paying bills and sucking up to the Church of the Shi'ar Enlightenment for them to still pay for everything, even though they have no teacher.

UXM is about to replace Ultimates as the best title on the imprint.
It's a good idea, but it's still really too early for Magneto to come back. Like Kirkman mentioned before, he really works well when he's been "gone" for a while.

The issue was a step down from the last two,

Rogue losing an arm. That was kinda intense.

I don't know how I feel about Xavier being in love with Jean.

And the dialogue felt off in places.

this was a great issue, i'm just not to happy with the last revelation of Xavier being in love in Jean. That is kind of rediculous and had little to do with the story. So what that he loves Jean, he didn't have to say it. It seems like he did because they were trying to find a shocker for the last page. That's my two cents on the matter.

THEY BLEW OFF HER ****ING ARM!

Jeez, that was great and so unexpected. There's only three things I didnt like about this issue. 1. The plot hasnt seemed to have moved at all, you would think someone would want an answer as to what the **** is going on. 2. The banter between the X-men and the Six Pack, I mean MC Hammer? Grizzley doesnt suit you? Lame. 3. Xavier in love with Jean, there needed to be much more build up before he can say that. And its just dumb, doesnt everyone have to be in live with Jean? Stupid plot twist that was unnessecary and out of place.

Jeez, that was great and so unexpected. There's only three things I didnt like about this issue. 1. The plot hasnt seemed to have moved at all, you would think someone would want an answer as to what the **** is going on. 2. The banter between the X-men and the Six Pack, I mean MC Hammer? Grizzley doesnt suit you? Lame. 3. Xavier in love with Jean, there needed to be much more build up before he can say that. And its just dumb, doesnt everyone have to be in live with Jean? Stupid plot twist that was unnessecary and out of place.

There have been subtle hints at his feelings as far back as Bendis's run on UXM. And if you really want to read into things, a few hints in Millar's run, but you gotta stretch it.

Vaughan kept up with the subtle hints, like Xavier having hair in the astral plain and Jean not liking it, so bam we're back to bald. Come on, dude.

Now, Kirkman's not so subtle. Last arc had him say he loved her to stop her Phoenix-ing out. So, it's not entirely an a plot twist, it does have some past hints at it. Much like Colossus being gay before finally coming out about it.

Look at it this way. Iceman likes Storm. He has pictures of her, or at least, more of her than anyone. :p

:lol:

I thought that it would be the other way around - where Jean actually had feelings for the Professor. That's the way it was shaping up, anyway.

There have been subtle hints at his feelings as far back as Bendis's run on UXM. And if you really want to read into things, a few hints in Millar's run, but you gotta stretch it.

Vaughan kept up with the subtle hints, like Xavier having hair in the astral plain and Jean not liking it, so bam we're back to bald. Come on, dude.

Now, Kirkman's not so subtle. Last arc had him say he loved her to stop her Phoenix-ing out. So, it's not entirely an a plot twist, it does have some past hints at it. Much like Colossus being gay before finally coming out about it.

I know I've seen the hints but this was too much of a leap for him to blurt it out like this. It just felt really off.

I thought that it would be the other way around - where Jean actually had feelings for the Professor. That's the way it was shaping up, anyway.

I agree, but that's why it was so shocking.

i dunno, maybe i'm an idiot, but i didn't see Xavier's admission coming; it was a little shocking to me, and yeah, still slightly creepy. and HE'S A DOG, by the way, didn't he start this arc coming home from Lilandra's?!!!

i dunno, maybe i'm an idiot, but i didn't see Xavier's admission coming; it was a little shocking to me, and yeah, still slightly creepy.

I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything---but it was blatantly obvious that he would/did fall for Jean. According to his past---he's done it with all his special students.

Mystique and Emma and now Jean.

I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything---but it was blatantly obvious that he would/did fall for Jean. According to his past---he's done it with all his special students.

Mystique and Emma and now Jean.

I am with Dan, I didn't see it coming either.

But when you put it that way, I'm a dope. You're right.

Good point. :)

I have a theory - that Cable is the love child between Wolverine and Jean. It would be a real cool thing to see, in my opinion... He'd have a healing factor, claws, and an explanation for that glowing eye if he also had telekinesis. Thing is, that would require Wolverine and Jean to get together.

No love child...oh god, no love child.

And the glowing eye and height differences between Wolverine are the only things that keep telling me, Cable's not Wolverine.

I'm not convinced Cable's Wolverine, either. I think Kirkman is a little smarter than that... And has been on this title. He's hinted to a lot of things that haven't ended up the way we all thought (Nightcrawler being the prime example).

Latest posts

Back