Ultimate X-Men #77 Discussion (Spoilers!)

Okay... 18 yr old Jean Grey and 20-something Xavier is a LOT less creepy than the original 616 relationship between 14 yr old Kitty Pryde and 20-something colossus.
Kitty was 14 and Colossus was 19. Nowadays, it's the "norm" you see on the streets, with around those age levels.

And about the issue, still havent gotten it. No money until next Friday. :(

Still, reading about the ending still shocked me!

Kitty was 14 and Colossus was 19. Nowadays, it's the "norm" you see on the streets, with around those age levels.

And about the issue, still havent gotten it. No money until next Friday. :(

Still, reading about the ending still shocked me!

Wolverine is probably a lot older than Xavier and he actually banged her. I guess it's just not what we're used to in the status quo.

This arc is really good, so far the highest point of the UU outside of Ultimates 2. Going back to the unknown person Jean was talking too waaayy back in Blockbuster, do you guys think it was Xavier she was talking to? I really liked how Kirkman is actually taking all the loose ends, as Vaughan kinda hinted on this possibility during the Magnetic North arc.

Last edited:
But Jean had her robe on and I didn't see a hole in those shorts/boxers/whatever they were, so I don't they was any actual banging goin' on.

I never realized the connection between the goblins and the Goblin Queen. o.o That's genius.

Kitty's leaving for sure now. Seeing a girl her age (temporarily) lose an arm is the straw on the camel's back. She's gone.

Lol at Bobby with his Finland thing.

The ony thing keeping this from being a 5/5 is the way Logan is drawn on page 14 (counting the recap page). Yeech. :sick: So. 4.9/5.

Last edited:
I really like this arc. It's up there with some of BKV's arcs as the top stories on this book.

I hate Xavier. I've never really liked him throughout this whole comic, but now, hopefully, he's going down.

Wolverine is probably a lot older than Xavier and he actually banged her. I guess it's just not what we're used to in the status quo.

But there's a big difference. Prof. X is supposed to be her guardian and her mentor. He watched her grow in some of her most formative years. There's something violating about a sexual undertone there. Wolverine, OTOH, is just a douche bag who came along and ****ed her.

I'm going to laugh hysterically if issue 78 starts with Xavier going on and on about how he loves Jean like a daughter and Scott going "...oh."

I'm not sure what I think about Xavier being in love with Jean (and admitting it even moreso) but other than that it was a good issue. Rogue losing an arm was cool, even if it didn't really mean anything. As soon as it happened I knew she would get some healin' from Wolverine - I don't normally think ahead when I read comics so that I knew that makes it a little weak.

Goblins...interesting. I don't know if/how the Goblin Queen will play into this but I sure don't want any clones. Blech.

That's because you're wrong.

No,he just has an Opinion. and an opinion cant be wrong.

Anyway ive been wondering if Xavier does die..how will it affect magneto...i mean in a twisted way he still sees him as a friend.

Last edited:

Anyway ive been wondering if Xavier does die..how will it affect magneto...i mean in a twisted way he still sees him as a friend.

Hmm.. I hope Kirkman addresses that. I doubt Fury would ever allow it, but Magento reforming and becoming leader of the X Men would be cool, at least for a while.

Hmm.. I hope Kirkman addresses that. I doubt Fury would ever allow it, but Magento reforming and becoming leader of the X Men would be cool, at least for a while.

Id doubt he would reform though.

Id doubt he would reform though.
I wouldn't put it past( Ultimate) Xavier to *force* him to reform, by remote control, using his last dying efforts.

I don't know if that's plausible, in terms of the scope of Xavier's psionic abilities. However, i'm certain that it's precisely the kind of failsafe plan he would have in mind, in the event of his own demise, if he didn't feel any of his students were prepared to assume the responsibility of leadership over the team.

Lil Brother said:
I'm going to laugh hysterically if issue 78 starts with Xavier going on and on about how he loves Jean like a daughter and Scott going "...oh."

:D :D :D

Venom Melendez said:

I thought so, too. But WW just proved that nothing is certain. His opinion IS wrong.

compound said:
I wouldn't put it past( Ultimate) Xavier to *force* him to reform, by remote control, using his last dying efforts.

I don't know if that's plausible, in terms of the scope of Xavier's psionic abilities. However, i'm certain that it's precisely the kind of failsafe plan he would have in mind, in the event of his own demise, if he didn't feel any of his students were prepared to assume the responsibility of leadership over the team.

EXACTLY. It doesn't necessarily have to be with his "dying efforts" either. We already know that Xavier reprogrammed Magneto in the past. And Magneto is the only one who was privy to Xavier's plan from day one, even if he did become corrupted. I wouldn't put it past Xavier to have a trigger in Magneto's brain tied to his death, or some other form of persuasion, to put him up as next in line.

Although, I think it's more likely to see one of the younger X-Men to step up to the plate and take a position of leadership.

ManWithoutFear said:
That statement is false.

:D :D :D

Last edited:
That statement is false.

That wasnt a statement..it was an Opinion.( ba dum dum psssh)

EXACTLY. It doesn't necessarily have to be with his "dying efforts" either. We already know that Xavier reprogrammed Magneto in the past. And Magneto is the only one who was privy to Xavier's plan from day one, even if he did become corrupted. I wouldn't put it past Xavier to have a trigger in Magneto's brain tied to his death, or some other form of persuasion, to put him up as next in line.

Although, I think it's more likely to see one of the younger X-Men to step up to the plate and take a position of leadership.

would it last with Xavier dead though?

Jean's not a slut.

And Emma Frost will take most of them in. Not Wolverine, Colossus, or Cyke. (Wolverine's too violent for Emma, Colossus's ties to the mafia, and Cyke hates Havok too much to stay near him long enough to be at that school).

If I had to bet money, Magneto will get involved in someway. Blaming Xavier's death on himself, for not giving mutants a figurehead to rally around, and we've got the Brotherhood back. And this time no X-Men to fight them.

I would love to have Magneto come back. And Longshot. I love Ultimate Longshot, maybe because I've always hated him in 616....

Xavier dying brings up countless possible stories, and is actually a death I can agree with. Ultimate X-Men without Xavier is far more interesting then with him.

Hell, it will be worth the 2 bucks a month just to see Cyke have trouble keeping up with paying bills and sucking up to the Church of the Shi'ar Enlightenment for them to still pay for everything, even though they have no teacher.

UXM is about to replace Ultimates as the best title on the imprint.

Last edited:
It's funny... Ever since Vaughan came on, Xavier's been more of a slut than Jean... Whereas, when Millar wrote the title, Jean was a whore.

Latest posts

Back