Ultimate X-Men #79 discussion (spoilers)

Re: Ultimate X-Men #79 preview at Comicscontinuum

Dazzler's back! YEAH!

Dazzler? Um...did I miss something? There was no Dazzler in the pages I saw.

And whats up with this:

Ultimate X-Men #79 will arrive in stores on Feb. 14 from Marvel Comics. The issue is written by Tom DeFalco, with art by Ron Lim and a cover by Mike Wieringo.

Uh...I thought Kirkman was writing this...and I was pretty sure it wasn't Ron Lim drawing it.

Uh...I thought Kirkman was writing this...and I was pretty sure it wasn't Ron Lim drawing it.

Yeah, all these changes are confusing me.

Dazzler? Um...did I miss something? There was no Dazzler in the pages I saw.

And whats up with this:

Dazzler's back! YEAH!

Like U.W. said, first page. A while back Kirkman said Dazzler is not out of the book, just off the team. So we'll probably see her pop up every once and awhile.

Last edited:

Yeah, all these changes are confusing me.
And Marvels site lists Kirkman as writer and Yanick Paquette as the artist. Either Comics Continuuum have got it wrong or something drastic happened.

Oh, great. Bobby magically has long hair and looks 20 again.

They really need to go with the scrawny , short-haired version. Oh, and appearantly we're having a UU/616 crossover because 616 Wolverine's here. This inconsistancy is hurting my brain.

The return of the Bendis White House Room! Dum dum duuuum!

Last edited:

The art is definitely Paquette's. I think Comics Continuum have just screwed up.

Oh, great. Bobby magically has long hair and looks 20 again.

They really need to go with the scrawny , short-haired version. Oh, and appearantly we're having a UU/616 crossover because 616 Wolverine's here. This inconsistancy is hurting my brain.

The return of the Bendis White House Room! Dum dum duuuum!
It's been a year now, having him taller isn't a problem (though now having long hair again like that I can see). Besides, him looking 20 is better than him looking 10 by Raney.

Professor X is on the TV. He's def. dead.

does anyone besides me absolutely hate the art? that ruined the preview for me, worst UXM art in a long time.

does anyone besides me absolutely hate the art? that ruined the preview for me, worst UXM art in a long time.

Yanick Paquette is an acquired taste, but I like 'em. He's definitely not the worst artist on UXM.

This is a very good Fury. I don't like Bobby and Logan this way, but I don't hate it either.

If Tom Defalco was writing this, I'd...you know.

I think even Marvel knows better than to give him anything significant to write.

This looks like it'll be interesting... I wonder where this title is going.

Not only does it say, "Tom DeFalco, with art by Ron Lim and a cover by Mike Wieringo."

But notice that it say it's part two of Aftermath, when it's really part 1 of Aftermath. They've messed up just about everywhere they possibly could.

Are you forgeting Raney's work? Yikes.

Yanick Paquette is an acquired taste, but I like 'em. He's definitely not the worst artist on UXM.

That he is. In some panels/pages---his art is great. Like the Fury pages are so detailed that it almost mirrors Hitch.

But then there's those Bobby scenes........

Latest posts

Back