Ultimate X-Men #79 discussion (spoilers)

:roll: Magneto sent the world's most dangerous weapon after Xavier in the beginning. He sent a spike through Charles to kill, not maim, him. We are not dealing with the cliche enemy that "respects" his opponents. Ultimate Magneto is a madman.

I do not believe there's anything under the surface and I like it that way.
:roll:

Yes, that's why the so called "madman" was sad.

He's sad because he has no challenge. Xavier was an obstacle. He never passed that obstacle. Now he's sad. :cry:

In the panel you missed.

But seriously, if he was happy about Xavier's death, then why in the last page was his face drawn with remorce? That doesn't look like a man who got what he wanted.

It looked like a man who was dead set on his future plans. I think the panel, that I didn't miss, reads better if it meant the fact that he didn't show any signs of emotion (hence his stone cold look) about an individual that died to him a long time ago. He never thought the X-Men were an obstacle, even after his defeat. Magneto's a man who finds himself superior to all of his enemies. He wasn't mourning anything in that panel he was set for what comes ahead.

I think Mags does mourn it, even though he's been trying to kill him I think it was something he felt he had to do. I think he still remember Xaiver as a friend but feels he has to kill him for his dream. Though thats just pure speculation

I think Mags does mourn it, even though he's been trying to kill him I think it was something he felt he had to do. I think he still remember Xaiver as a friend but feels he has to kill him for his dream. Though thats just pure speculation
That sounds like a good reason.

I think he still remember Xaiver as a friend but feels he has to kill him for his dream.

Exactly how I feel.
Killing him is a means to an end, and not his main goal.
How many times in Magnetic North did Magneto offer for Charles to join him?
Quite a few, enough to demonstrate that he would be willing to let bygones be bygones.

Last edited:
FINALLY caught up on UXM...

I couldn't wait to get home to read this - I guessed what happened at the end due to the fact that solicitations pretty much spoiled it... BUT I do like the direction that the title is going in right now. There's more to Xavier than we know, there's all these different kinds of questions that weren't there before and are now brought up... This title is probably the best ultimate one right now. Althought, USM 106 was great...

Latest posts

Back