Ultimate X-Men #82... SPOILERS!

Time travel.

Ugh.

It's getting out of control. Bishop was stranded in this time (thus why he didn't go into the future after Cable).

You know what, I'll read it and if it doesn't bother me, good.

Re: Popcultureshock.com's Preview of Ultimate X-Men #82

You know, I've gotta say I think the Ultimate line is on pretty even ground right now. I don't think any of the ongoing titles really stands out from the pack at this point in time. Well, except the Ultimates. Though, not so much for quality as for horrific delays.

Last edited:
Re: Popcultureshock.com's Preview of Ultimate X-Men #82

UXM is already IMO the best Ultimate title, Ultimates 2 is ****ed with all the delays.

Also, i think it makes more sense the morlocks living in the underground with all that stuff then to live in a pile of ****.

I agree. But Ultimates 2 feels like it ended months ago. I mean, we already know everyone lives through it, and the Ultimate line isn't missing New York or DC.

It's delays have ruined it for the readers today. Readers over the next couple of years will love it. But Grand Theft America is an ok arc which was killed by delays.

I'm getting the issue later today, but I'm reading UXM first. UXM is the best the Ultimate line has to offer.

The time travelling won't bother you.

All in all, the issue is up to par with Vaughan way back when... I respect the direction that Kirkman is taking the title.

Heh. Not exactly the same city if the Opera House is submerged in water. :)

The timeline as Bishop once knew it has been altered... I would hope that Kirkman emphasizes that as he sees fit when, afterall, he's decided to use the future in his timeline.

Ummm I'm pretty sure there was no time travel in this issue at all. In fact, Bishop clearly states he's not using time travel, only the teleportation device Cable did not break. I'm also pretty sure the Opera House was not submerged under water, merely next to the water like it is in real life.

What he said: No Time Travel, in fact Bishop SAYS "My chronal displacer was destroyed-so I'm stuck here" in this issue. Pyro is asking about The Future because that's where Bishop got his cool teleporters.

The Opera House DOES look a little underwater. That's because the art in this issue was HORRIBLE. I love Kirkman's stories, but this issue was hard for me to fully enjoy because everyone looked so gross.

Ok......meh.

I'm not feeling the rough art at all. Just not. Bring back Oliver or Larocca.

The story itself....it's ok. But such is the fate of all intro issues to new arcs. And as much as I love her----I'm disappointed they brought back Dazzler. I thought Kirkman was better than that. But he's proven himself before so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Pyro on the team? Whatever. I don't like it....but the story's gotta play itself out.

3.5/5

Still a great run. I really hope there's no twists with Toad and he's legit but I would like to see Magneto come down on an unbattle ready Xavier's institute. And why can't Jean just read Toad's mind?

I hope Toad's legit too. He could be a really cool character to have around the mansion.

*shakes fist*

GOOD-WILL!

You misread the panel, sir. Though I have to admit I had to read it twice myself before I got it. Starting out with Pyro saying "The Future? Really?" was a little unintentionally misleading, though Bishop clearly states that his chronal displacer was destroyed, but he's still got a bonanza of future-goodies.

All in all, good issue. I may have to retract my 'UXM isn't the best UU title' statement. This might be the only book of the four that I'm actually interested in the direction that it's heading. Can't wait to meet the rest of the team. And I gotta say I'm really digging the art. I hope Alixe stays on the book.

I dig the art too.

But I get the hate for it, since the "fish-lips" do get a bit grating.

But it's a style I can dig and it's very expressive.

I really like the art team they've assembled lately for this book. I'd be really content if they kept Oliver and Alixe rotating regularly on this book. And Jose Villarubia is a godsend. His colors for these last two issues have been FANTASTIC. I love the kinda gritty feel to it. It really adds some much needed gravity to this book.

As for Paquette, love his covers. But I didn't really warm up to his interiors until they debuted Pyro. I don't know why but I really like his character design. Different and unexpected. Glad he's staying around.

Latest posts

Back