Ultimate X-Men #82... SPOILERS!

Yea. My bad. No time travel - I was just eager to post the thread about this issue.

Anyway, the art would good,I feel, if the colorist was changed. His colors are way too bland.

because Bishops 616 powers are stupid and overused

Sort of agree. I think it's more like no one cares what Bishop's powers are in 616 all they know of him is he's the African American Cable (via timetravel). Personally, I like him. He's always solid in the comics I've read (District X, Civil War) he's been badass and awesome but no one even pays attention to what his powers are.

Art was horrible...especially when storm was drawn from a distance her face just seemed demonic...jean grey was really ugly too. I think it works really well for the morlocks and nightcrawler (who's tail has tripled in length) but I want the girls to look pretty.

Story was solid. I'm glad it was Dazzler at the end and not yet another mutant..I like having only 100 mutants in the states.

Was it just me or was sydney opera house underwater?

Anyone else tired of the "I'm an ignorant ******* who sees everyone as an enemy, and before hearing someone out I willl attack!"?

Has anyone else considered that Toad is actually Mystique? I know that people have said Beast is the shape-shifter, but my spider-sense is telling me otherwise. Let me explain - for one thing, we have no explanation as to why Toad is

A.) out of the Triskelion without trouble from the government. I did consider that he may have escaped from the Trisk during Magnetic North, but I would imagine there would be disputes between Fury and Scott when he showed up for work at Xavier's.

B.) Toad has effectively infiltrated not only the X-Men, but the Morlocks... Magneto is most likely interested in both parties, especially since there is an army building beneath the surface... He doesn't have to worry about drawing attention to himself if everything is being operated below the ground... Do you see what I'm saying?

So, yeah, Toad = Mystique. My guess.

Has anyone else considered that Toad is actually Mystique? I know that people have said Beast is the shape-shifter, but my spider-sense is telling me otherwise. Let me explain - for one thing, we have no explanation as to why Toad is

A.) out of the Triskelion without trouble from the government. I did consider that he may have escaped from the Trisk during Magnetic North, but I would imagine there would be disputes between Fury and Scott when he showed up for work at Xavier's.

B.) Toad has effectively infiltrated not only the X-Men, but the Morlocks... Magneto is most likely interested in both parties, especially since there is an army building beneath the surface... He doesn't have to worry about drawing attention to himself if everything is being operated below the ground... Do you see what I'm saying?

So, yeah, Toad = Mystique. My guess.

NOOOO!!!!

It makes sense too!

NOOOOO!!!!

I liked the idea of Toad seeking redemption at Xavier's.

Ugh.

Well, there's a possibility that you're wrong. Cyke was in contact and had hired Toad WHILE Mystique was escaping. Or however that timeline of the issue was carried.

Safety bet would be anyone new (like the person from Scotland or anyone to join Bishop's team) would be Mystique over Toad.

So...now that I've calmed down a bit.

Toad's pretty safe. Bishop's team and Banshee (or whoever) are up for grabs on the "Who's the traitor game."

But could Mystique replicate his jumping and tongue?

Mystique herself is extremely agile, and she can duplicate any part of a being's body, so yes and yes.

That said, I hope she isn't posing as Toad. I like the idea of Toad becoming reformed and eventually becoming a member of the X-Men once Xavier is rescued from the future or whatever's going to happen with that.

They sure do make it seem like "Toad" will end up betraying them, though. What with all the "we can't trust him" talk from Jean.

Last edited:
Finally was able to read this.

And I didn't like it.

It just felt weak. None of the morlocks have a personality and each one of them goes from "Here's so-n-so, welcome here...KILL HIM!"

I'm sure there's a better morlock story possible (never read one myself) but this is not one.

The art is meh, not horrid but just passable.

Bishop's new powers, I can dig. And I like Dazzler's reveal at the end but the stuff with the morlocks lacks direction, characterization, and substance.

At the very beginning of the entire UXM series... NONE of the X-Men had personalities... They just joined. Millar didn't reallly flesh out the characters as they should have been. Remember Storm back then?

The Morlocks will each get their chance, I'm sure.

This is a two issue arc right?

So next issue is just a fight to a stand still and the X-Men go home.

This doesn't seem as strong as it should, why introduce all these characters when it's just a plot point?

Idk, I want to like it, but I just can't. Maybe next issue will do something I don't expect.

But the highlights of the issue are all away from the morlocks and mainly consist of that Iceman line on the train.

This is a two issue arc right?

So next issue is just a fight to a stand still and the X-Men go home.

This doesn't seem as strong as it should, why introduce all these characters when it's just a plot point?

Idk, I want to like it, but I just can't. Maybe next issue will do something I don't expect.

But the highlights of the issue are all away from the morlocks and mainly consist of that Iceman line on the train.

My guess is, he's introducing the Morlocks now in a short plot so he can use them casually in the future without having to run an intro.

Still, I didn't really like the issue. The art was horrendous and the story just didn't do it for me, even with Dazzler at the end.

Latest posts

Back