Ultimate X-Men: Apocalypse (#90-93)

Re: Ultimate X-Men #92 discussion (spoilers!)

The Apocalypse arc is four issues...isn't it?

The arc is 4 issues. But what I actually meant was we only get 3 issues of actual Apoc action which is all rushed. This really should've been a 6 (maybe 7 tops) issue arc.

Last edited:

It really should have, and Apoc needed a defining characteristic and plot.

The arc is 4 issues. But what I actually meant was we only get 3 issues of actual Apoc action which is all rushed. This really should've been a 6 (maybe 7 tops) issue arc.

Oh I gotcha. And I very much agree. This arc was WAY too rushed to have the truly epic, world-threatening magnitude it should have. This is frickin' Apocalypse!

Eh, I think the problem is Kirkman is spending too much time on uninteresting and seemingly pointless character development.

It really should have, and Apoc needed a defining characteristic and plot.

Yep.

Oh I gotcha. And I very much agree. This arc was WAY too rushed to have the truly epic, world-threatening magnitude it should have. This is frickin' Apocalypse!

Eh, I think the problem is Kirkman is spending too much time on uninteresting and seemingly pointless character development.

Yep.

Totally agree. One issue less and we get Date Night. And that Magician punk shows up in what, 6 issues? I expected more than this. This is probably a miscalculation in Kirkman's part.

I sad because Apocalypse was used poorly again.

This guy could be huge.

I do like the idea of Phoenix vs Apocalypse.

But this was one of the good issues.

hm.... Has anyone considered the possibility that the Apocalypse arc was editorial mandate altogether?

i.e. to set up Bendis for Origins (where he's talked about the first mutant appearing) or to set Loeb for Ultimatum (Hah! Like Loeb needs set-up!)?

More importantly, does anyone care anymore?

Edit: Oh no! It's Ultimate Heroes Reborn! :D

Last edited:

hm.... Has anyone considered the possibility that the Apocalypse arc was editorial mandate altogether?

i.e. to set up Bendis for Origins (where he's talked about the first mutant appearing) or to set Loeb for Ultimatum (Hah! Like Loeb needs set-up!)?

Edit: Oh no! It's Ultimate Heroes Reborn! :D

An interesting thought, that would seem to make sense and would also allow for future arcs with Apoc coming back more powerful.

Ultimate Apocalypse was what Singer wanted to do originally. But at first when his run kept getting delayed, they instead were preparing everything for singer, thus 'prepping' for Apocalypse.

I figure since Marvel actually got tired of waiting, they said Apoc would be up for grabs, which was when Kirkman thought of the story when he was given the go ahead to stay on the title longer.

i.e. to set up Bendis for Origins (where he's talked about the first mutant appearing).

Isn't Apocalypse the first mutant over in 616? Bendis said the first mutant would be someone we wouldn't expect.

Sadly enough, my money is on wolverine.

Ultimate X-Men #93 Spoilers

Comic Continuum has an 6 page preview of Ultimate X-Men #93.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0804/25/marvelfirsts.htm

Also they have preivews of AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE #12, DAREDEVIL: BLOOD OF THE TARANTULA, IMMORTAL IRON FIST #14, IMMORTAL IRON FIST #14, MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #8, MARVEL ILLUSTRATED: MOBY DICK #3, NEW AVENGERS #40, NEW WARRIORS #11, THE ORDER #10, THOR: AGES OF THUNDER, THOR: AGES OF THUNDER, Ultimate Human #4 & X-MEN: LEGACY #201.

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate X-Men #93 Spoilers

It was a weak ending but to be honest it was the only acceptable ending that doesn't involve Ultimate Onslaught.

What I thought was so weak was that Kirkman
goes all dues ex machina on us and literally almost reboots the title!

I mean seriously. What the hell?

Jean merges with Phoenix and then melts away Apocalypse only to reveal that it was indeed Sinister inside like a giant mech. Then she blames this whole mess on Charles....and then resets the world back to the way it was before Apocalypse appeared---only the X-Men involved have any recollection of what happened. Not Spider-Man. Not the F4. Not anyone. And then after she does this....she disappears. She says she has work to do and leaves.

It was seriously weak.

It was a weak ending but to be honest it was the only acceptable ending that doesn't involve Ultimate Onslaught.

What I thought was so weak was that Kirkman
goes all dues ex machina on us and literally almost reboots the title!

I mean seriously. What the hell?

Jean merges with Phoenix and then melts away Apocalypse only to reveal that it was indeed Sinister inside like a giant mech. Then she blames this whole mess on Charles....and then resets the world back to the way it was before Apocalypse appeared---only the X-Men involved have any recollection of what happened. Not Spider-Man. Not the F4. Not anyone. And then after she does this....she disappears. She says she has work to do and leaves.

It was seriously weak.

wow, that was one heck of a spoiler, i kinda wish i didnt read it...

No mad, just wow

(I know it said spoiler, i read it knowing it, i assumed all risks)

Last edited:

It's like it's own
One More Day

Everything happened....except for that one thing.

It's like it's own
One More Day

Everything happened....except for that one thing.

ohhh, the
thing
, at the
place
with the
person
?

Sorry, couldn't help myself, it just kinda seemed funny to me...

but otherwise, truth! it did seem way to eerily similar

im shocked at the quality of the art in the preview!

it looks like Tom Raney (who is by no means bad... I actually like his style)! But this definitely, to my eyes, does not look like the art of the Salvador Larocca I experienced on X-treme X-men a few years ago.

Raney is always hit or miss. Sometimes his art is pretty good.....other times it's pretty bad.

He's 50/50 in this issue. There's some panels that look reeeeeaaaaaaaally good.....and then there's some that are God awful (like the last page).

Well, that was a ****ty run. I hope the book can survive from it. But since there's a fill-in followed by Loeb, I doubt it.

It sounds like something editorial made Kirkman do so Loeb and his monkey can carry on without having to use all of this stuff.

Latest posts

Back