Ultimate X-Men cover #71 revealed

the watcher

Well-Known Member
I just found the cover for issue #71

ULTIMATE X-MEN #71
Written by Robert Kirkman, pencils and cover by Ben Oliver and Jason Keith.
"Phoenix?", Part 3 of 3.
71.jpg
 
Last edited:

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

X-Men covers are really lacking lately.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

So.... The Phoenix is a demon entity? The Ultimate version of that Demon baby in Daredevil: Decalogue?
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

TheManWithoutFear said:
So.... The Phoenix is a demon entity? The Ultimate version of that Demon baby in Daredevil: Decalogue?
This seems more like a "nod" to Ultimate X-Men #22 cover "Hellfire & Brimstone Part 2" where it has Jean and demon like things that 'haunt her'. At the end of #21, it was shown that they're some kind of vision thing related to the Phoenix.
 

UltimateSpiderBuggy

Well-Known Member
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

There's nothing right about what's going on in that cover.

Also, what's with the white background anymore on UXM covers?
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
There's nothing right about what's going on in that cover.

Also, what's with the white background anymore on UXM covers?
WELCOME!! :D

Love your avatar! :lol:

And yeah, white background is part of the covers lacking.
 

the watcher

Well-Known Member
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
There's nothing right about what's going on in that cover.

Also, what's with the white background anymore on UXM covers?

Fist of all Welcome. Second, that's all they had. I wish they had more. But they don't, sorry.
 
Last edited:

UltimateSpiderBuggy

Well-Known Member
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

icemastertron said:
WELCOME!! :D

Love your avatar! :lol:

And yeah, white background is part of the covers lacking.

Thankya very much. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just find something very weird about how Ben Oliver draws his X-Men covers...
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

icemastertron said:
X-Men covers are really lacking lately.

Really? I'm liking this artist's covers, especially more than Raney.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

ProjectX2 said:
Really? I'm liking this artist's covers, especially more than Raney.
I meant that towards the ones for the Phoenix arc. To me, it just seems like something's missing. A little bland.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

I dunno I kinda like the fact they're so simple.

I can see what Logan has to do with Jean but anyone have any guesses on the second cover with Blob and Toad? Do they have something to do with the Phoenix.
 

UltimateSpiderBuggy

Well-Known Member
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

TheManWithoutFear said:
I can see what Logan has to do with Jean but anyone have any guesses on the second cover with Blob and Toad? Do they have something to do with the Phoenix.

I really don't know why Blob and Toad are there. Maybe to distract Cyclops for a bit while Jean's freaking out?
 

Nas-T!

Well-Known Member
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

Firstly: Welcome, USB! heh.

icemastertron said:
I meant that towards the ones for the Phoenix arc. To me, it just seems like something's missing. A little bland.
Yeah, it's not like the white background (on this one in particular) is any kind of white noise (like, say, "The Ghost Zone"). It's more like something's missing than something is ethereal, if you get me.
 

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

Yeah the covers have been really sucking, I like the idea of Pheonix being a demonic entity, but if that happens Dr. Strange should be a part of it. Just out of logic, everytime some magical **** goes down, especially one as powerful as Pheonix, he should be all over it.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

A lot of times the white backgrounds on the covers get filled in for the actual printed issue.
 

Fuzzy Birds

Well-Known Member
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

It's a background. White. Blue. Pink. Mauve. Just a background.

And Ben Oliver is a fantastic artist. The covers are certainly a lot more interesting that the typical Finch 'Wolverine runs from an explosion' or Kubert 'people stand around looking mean' covers.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

Fuzzy Birds said:
It's a background. White. Blue. Pink. Mauve. Just a background.

And Ben Oliver is a fantastic artist. The covers are certainly a lot more interesting that the typical Finch 'Wolverine runs from an explosion' or Kubert 'people stand around looking mean' covers.
Not saying Oliver is a bad artist, but it seems just bland, It's not because of the color of the background. Just plain and bland, IMO.

And those covers I like more than these.
 

X2727

Well-Known Member
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

UltimateE said:
A lot of times the white backgrounds on the covers get filled in for the actual printed issue.

That's true. I had completly forgotten about that, but I don't like this new guys art. I like Raney and Peterson better. Heck even Immomen (although he did get better after a while.

Also, I hope those little demon things get explained. I always wondered about them.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

X2727 said:
Also, I hope those little demon things get explained. I always wondered about them.
They did. Back in #21.
 

Latest posts

Top