Ultimate X-Men cover #71 revealed

the watcher

I just found the cover for issue #71

ULTIMATE X-MEN #71
Written by Robert Kirkman, pencils and cover by Ben Oliver and Jason Keith.
"Phoenix?", Part 3 of 3.
71.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

TheManWithoutFear said:
So.... The Phoenix is a demon entity? The Ultimate version of that Demon baby in Daredevil: Decalogue?
This seems more like a "nod" to Ultimate X-Men #22 cover "Hellfire & Brimstone Part 2" where it has Jean and demon like things that 'haunt her'. At the end of #21, it was shown that they're some kind of vision thing related to the Phoenix.

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
There's nothing right about what's going on in that cover.

Also, what's with the white background anymore on UXM covers?
WELCOME!! :D

Love your avatar! :lol:

And yeah, white background is part of the covers lacking.

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
There's nothing right about what's going on in that cover.

Also, what's with the white background anymore on UXM covers?

Fist of all Welcome. Second, that's all they had. I wish they had more. But they don't, sorry.

Last edited:

icemastertron said:
WELCOME!! :D

Love your avatar! :lol:

And yeah, white background is part of the covers lacking.

Thankya very much. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just find something very weird about how Ben Oliver draws his X-Men covers...

icemastertron said:
X-Men covers are really lacking lately.

Really? I'm liking this artist's covers, especially more than Raney.

ProjectX2 said:
Really? I'm liking this artist's covers, especially more than Raney.
I meant that towards the ones for the Phoenix arc. To me, it just seems like something's missing. A little bland.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I can see what Logan has to do with Jean but anyone have any guesses on the second cover with Blob and Toad? Do they have something to do with the Phoenix.

I really don't know why Blob and Toad are there. Maybe to distract Cyclops for a bit while Jean's freaking out?

Firstly: Welcome, USB! heh.

icemastertron said:
I meant that towards the ones for the Phoenix arc. To me, it just seems like something's missing. A little bland.
Yeah, it's not like the white background (on this one in particular) is any kind of white noise (like, say, "The Ghost Zone"). It's more like something's missing than something is ethereal, if you get me.

Yeah the covers have been really sucking, I like the idea of Pheonix being a demonic entity, but if that happens Dr. Strange should be a part of it. Just out of logic, everytime some magical **** goes down, especially one as powerful as Pheonix, he should be all over it.

A lot of times the white backgrounds on the covers get filled in for the actual printed issue.

It's a background. White. Blue. Pink. Mauve. Just a background.

And Ben Oliver is a fantastic artist. The covers are certainly a lot more interesting that the typical Finch 'Wolverine runs from an explosion' or Kubert 'people stand around looking mean' covers.

Fuzzy Birds said:
It's a background. White. Blue. Pink. Mauve. Just a background.

And Ben Oliver is a fantastic artist. The covers are certainly a lot more interesting that the typical Finch 'Wolverine runs from an explosion' or Kubert 'people stand around looking mean' covers.
Not saying Oliver is a bad artist, but it seems just bland, It's not because of the color of the background. Just plain and bland, IMO.

And those covers I like more than these.

UltimateE said:
A lot of times the white backgrounds on the covers get filled in for the actual printed issue.

That's true. I had completly forgotten about that, but I don't like this new guys art. I like Raney and Peterson better. Heck even Immomen (although he did get better after a while.

Also, I hope those little demon things get explained. I always wondered about them.

Latest posts

Back