Ultimates #11 & 12, Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #3 delayed

a fan said:
Brian Hitch is going to be at heros con
It would almost be worth the arrest and subsequent assualt charges to be able to throw a Mr. Pibb at Hitch. I have plan that mandate me not getting arrested, so else has to go in my sted. Who will take up the cause?

Re: Hmmmm...

MisterAJ said:
Could it be that the "delay" of ultimates v2 #11 is due too sensureship..?

After all, the US was "liberated" by a bunch of Iraqis last issue...
that can't sitt to well with the white house's propaganda minestry...

Welcome, Mr. AJ!! :D

im i the only one who actually liked wolverine vs hulk ? hehe

i kinda dont like the art but the story is great

"hulk no fly " foooooooooosh

rofl

Gadzookie said:
im i the only one who actually liked wolverine vs hulk ? hehe

Not at all. A lot of people love it and think it's the best Ultimate book going right now.

The problem is...it's not really going right now.

E said:
Not at all. A lot of people love it and think it's the best Ultimate book going right now.

The problem is...it's not really going right now.

Yeah. . .its pretty sad when I decided to drop the title back in March, and decided to pick it again this week, and the next issue isn't even out yet.

Lynx said:
Yeah. . .its pretty sad when I decided to drop the title back in March, and decided to pick it again this week, and the next issue isn't even out yet.
Wow, has it been that long? Yikes.

Lynx said:

i hear ya...heck even my dad got into UHvW...man i am so pissed.It comesw out in July rigth?

Venom Melendez said:
i hear ya...heck even my dad got into UHvW...man i am so pissed.It comesw out in July rigth?

... next year! Mwahahahahahaha!

complete and utter bull****. it's called sticking to a deadline. it's been months since the last issue...i hate the fact that we're just being strung along here. UGH!

jtg3885 said:
Wow, has it been that long? Yikes.

Yep, we're on a quarterly schedule, like Planetary, at this point. Which is why I say #12 in late Sept, #13 in Nov/Dec. (#12 is an oversized number of pages, just like 9-11, but 12 isn't.)

I vented PLENTY about the general subject of delays, on the thread concerning ULTIMATES 2 #11's status, so I will keep this short...

I can only hope that someone at Marvel, and someone at DC, will wake up and realize they are not doing themselves any favors with these frequent lengthy delays and wildly inconsistent publication schedules. Yes, hard core fans will put up with a LOT of "abuse" and still keep buying, but I have got to believe that this sort of thing results in the loss of many less than hard-core fans, and that even hard-core fans will, over time, begin to lose interest. It can't be news to anyone that there is a LOT of competition for the entertainment dollar out there, and when you just make it too hard for the fan to follow a title, to stay engaged with a title, to ENJOY a title, you run the risk of having them move on.

Classic "old fogey", geezer type comment here... but why is it that modern artists and writers find it so @!#$@#$ hard to stay on anything approaching a schedule? Look at the runs "old school" artists had on many titles, way back when. Month after month, year after year... these modern guys can't even churn out a couple of issues in a minseries in anything resembling a reasonable period of time. What am I missing here? I have got to believe that at least part of it is a result of either a real lack of discipline, and/or an underlying contempt for the fan base ("Ah, they'll buy it whether I get it out next month or six months from now... @#$@#$ 'em...")...

Am I wrong? *S*

Shadow

ShadowPrime said:
I can only hope that someone at Marvel, and someone at DC, will wake up and realize they are not doing themselves any favors with these frequent lengthy delays and wildly inconsistent publication schedules. Yes, hard core fans will put up with a LOT of "abuse" and still keep buying, but I have got to believe that this sort of thing results in the loss of many less than hard-core fans, and that even hard-core fans will, over time, begin to lose interest. It can't be news to anyone that there is a LOT of competition for the entertainment dollar out there, and when you just make it too hard for the fan to follow a title, to stay engaged with a title, to ENJOY a title, you run the risk of having them move on.

Classic "old fogey", geezer type comment here... but why is it that modern artists and writers find it so @!#$@#$ hard to stay on anything approaching a schedule? Look at the runs "old school" artists had on many titles, way back when. Month after month, year after year... these modern guys can't even churn out a couple of issues in a minseries in anything resembling a reasonable period of time. What am I missing here? I have got to believe that at least part of it is a result of either a real lack of discipline, and/or an underlying contempt for the fan base ("Ah, they'll buy it whether I get it out next month or six months from now... @#$@#$ 'em...")...

Am I wrong? *S*

Shadow
Just thought I'd chime in, excluding a few books (Supergirl, Superman/Batman, neither of wich are anything spectacular) DC does a pretty good job of hitting release dates, or very close to them. Most of thier Core books hit within a week of thier date if not on, and thier imprints (Vertigo, Wildstorm) don't delay an over amount, excluding Planetary, but at this point an issue of it is like finding a $20 bill. You know it happens but its damn fine to happen to you. Now you really wanna *****, I've been waiting for the Invincible V2 Hardcover since friggin March and its looking like I won't see it till August. And god damned Kirkman keeps us up to date with believable reasons so I don't get to be rightously indignant. :(

ShadowPrime said:
Look at the runs "old school" artists had on many titles, way back when. Month after month, year after year... these modern guys can't even churn out a couple of issues in a minseries in anything resembling a reasonable period of time. What am I missing here?

The art is MUCH more intricate today than in years past. Lot more to it.

E said:
The art is MUCH more intricate today than in years past. Lot more to it.
I think its because they're drawing more shirts. The Thing, The Hulk, they never wore a shirt, now they wear armor and button downs. It leads to delays.

also the they tend to color in the lines way more often than they did back then. That's gotta add a couple three weeks on.

Baxter said:
I think its because they're drawing more shirts. The Thing, The Hulk, they never wore a shirt, now they wear armor and button downs. It leads to delays.

This is true. And in addition, their shirts are very large. They are probably something like 6X or even larger. That does take longer to draw, no doubt.

Latest posts

Back