Ultimates 2 #12, cover and solicitation revealed on Joe Friday's

Re: Ultimates V2 #12, cover and solicit

I'm pretty sure Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are on the public team now.

Ice said:
Captain America isn't really a traitor.

Thor is still up in the air about his true origin.

Quicksilver and SW aren't on the "Public Team".

And the public doesn't know any of that.

The public thinks Cap is a traitor. It was on the news.

Thor was detained, publically, because he was a certified nutcase.

I think Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are now known as being on the public team. They've been on missions that were broadcasted on television.

Not to mention, I was responding to what the public would think of the Hulk being on the Ultimates 3 roster, since Scarlet Witch, Cap and (presumably) Thor will be on the team.

Last edited:

Lynx said:
The public thinks Cap is a traitor. It was on the news.
Wait, I didnt mean the last line for that. Sorry.

Lynx said:
Not to mention, I was responding to what the public would think of the Hulk being on the Ultimates 3 roster, since Scarlet Witch, Cap and (presumably) Thor will be on the team.
Alright, easy there.

Ice said:
Wait, I didnt mean the last line for that. Sorry.

Alright, easy there.

I didn't mean to be condesending, Ice, just clarifing my point.

The internet is a terrible place for telling "tones of voice" apart. :lol:

I could easily see Hulk coming back to help with this and then disappearing again. That would probably be the best solution, I'm not expecting an ongoing Hulk series or regular appearances by Hulk in the ultimate universe. I think it's worked well as they've handled it so far and I imagine they'll keep on handling it like that.

Ice said:
Spideyshoulder.jpg

Tee hee hee.

I don't get it.

it's not so much a misdrawing as it is you nitpicking about something he couldn't have helped.

i think spidey looks good. i wasn't aware that spider-man's poses were supposed to be attainable by a normal person. because then he wouldn't be the most acrobatic person in the damn world. he'd be an olympic gymnast. if i have a problem with spider-man, it's that he's too buff. i've always thought that spidey should look like he's a skinny nerd until he's like 25. real lean, sure, but not buff.

i wish hawkeye had more prominence.

and yeah, i shizzat my pizzants when i saw this cover. and i'm kinda glad it's a crossover thing, if i read that right. i want there to be Ultimate continuity. i don't want to see the Statue of Liberty in Ultimate Spider-man after this is over. Unless of course Hulk makes it to apologize. "Me sorry! Here, me remake frenchie statue."

Speaking of which, I bet Hulk'll be smart in issue 12. And that's how he beats Abomination. Abomination will be doing his Millar villain rant "Oh, why don't you just give up! Can't you see, you moron, you cannot beat me!" and Hulk will be like "Hello yourself, Logan." ONLY IT WILL BE TO THE ABOMINATION!

All in all, I think this book will make a pretty good January 2007.

iceman said:
i think spidey looks good. i wasn't aware that spider-man's poses were supposed to be attainable by a normal person. because then he wouldn't be the most acrobatic person in the damn world. he'd be an olympic gymnast. if i have a problem with spider-man, it's that he's too buff. i've always thought that spidey should look like he's a skinny nerd until he's like 25. real lean, sure, but not buff.
That's why I love how Bags draws him in USM. He's a skinny little guy, who never really gets to sit down and eat all day. I actually like how Hitch draws him in weird poses, because I can imagine Spidey making those weird poses while swing around.

iceman said:
Unless of course Hulk makes it to apologize. "Me sorry! Here, me remake frenchie statue."
That would be awesome. Ultimate Hulk vs. Sculpting!

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
That would be awesome. Ultimate Hulk vs. Sculpting!

Maybe to redeem himself he'll stand there for a year with the torch in his hand. I mean, he's big, he's green, and he's patriotic!

The Hulk of Liberty!

Last edited:

Lynx said:
Maybe to redeem himself he'll stand there for a year with the torch in his hand. I mean, he's big, he's green, and he's patriotic!

The Hulk of Liberty!

XD!!! lmfao! Next thing you know, Captain America will have to sit in the Lincoln Chair for being branded as a traitor.

Lynx said:

The Hulk of Liberty!
Works for me. It would be a little more difficult to knock that down.

I definitely want to see that drawn now. As a cover somewhere. Maybe when Hulk comes back to Earth...

Lynx said:

The Hulk of Liberty!

Fury: "Is he still standing there?"
Cap: "He's still standing there."
Pym: "Marvelous really. For him to stay so calm for all this time, without getting angry and killing someone."
Cap: "I don't think he does that anymore. Though he does ask people if they want cocoa a lot."
Fury: "Yeah. Hey, Hank, why in God's name are you not executed as a traitor?"
Pym: "Oh, those Ultrons that helped save the day."
Fury: "Oh, yeah. Well, Hulk saved the planet, we still nuked him. Kinda."
Cap: "Yeah, but Hulk is green. Pym's white."
Pym: "Yeah."

(in distance)

Hulk: "Hulk heard! Hulk angry! Raaaaaargh! Me force you drink cocoa! Too hot for throat! Raaaaaargh!"

Fury: "Oh Hulk."

All (with bear): "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Ice said:
Spideyshoulder.jpg

Tee hee hee.

What is the problem?

That's part of the robot's arm behind him. What are you seeing?

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
Works for me. It would be a little more difficult to knock that down.

I definitely want to see that drawn now. As a cover somewhere. Maybe when Hulk comes back to Earth...

Well, not only would he be a symbol of America, but he'd be an advance warning system.

See if the Liberators try to attack again with HULK standing there with the liberty torch in his hand.

Last edited:

Lynx said:
Well, not only would he be a symbol of America, but he'd be an advance warning system.

See if the Liberators try to attack again with HULK standing there with a torch in his hand.
That's one hell of a deterrant. Can you imagine coming up to attack New York and just seeing the Hulk standing there with the torch (and of course it would a real torch, it's Hulk!). That's more than enough reason to turn around.

Of course the Hulk would also have to wear the robe and crown also.

Matthew said:
Amen to that. Hawkeye can't get NO RESPECK.

And why should he??!?! Without his precious arrows...what good is he??

What's he gonna do....kill me with his fingernails???? Oh wait............:oops:

After that scene I'm convinced that Hawkeye with 10 minutes of Prep can take Cap. Or anybody other than Hulk or Thor.

and, now musing on the subject, I think that is what makes an awesome badass character.

hawkeye is someone that can hypothetically take very many people down, yet he can be taken down so much easier by them. he's just a guy. punch him too hard, and he breaks. he relies on his offensive power.

i think thats what makes characters like batman, deathstroke, and 70s wolverine (which will now be known as Wolverine Prime) so badass. they can probably take anyone, hypothetically, but all you need is one good shot and they are out.

Latest posts

Back