Ultimates 2 #12 delayed to 9/27/06 (UPDATED)

Re: Ultimates 2 #12 delayed to 8/9/06 (UPDATED)

Rhyo said:
Ultimates 2 #12 (APR062000D; FOC 08/10/06) will now retail for $3.99, not $2.99 as solicited.

yeah, well, they also claim it's part 6 of 6 and leads right into ult 3. with no mention of ult2#13.

... of course that's possibly because it won't actually be out until the internets are beamed directly into our brains.

Re: Ultimates 2 #12 delayed to 9/13/06 (UPDATED)

Wow. To promote UA2 at my LCS, they were having a sale and The Ultimates Tpb Vol. 2 Homeland Security was only $9.99. :shock:

And I remember buying it at 18 dollars. :x

ultimatedjf said:
Wow. To promote UA2 at my LCS, they were having a sale and The Ultimates Tpb Vol. 2 Homeland Security was only $9.99. :shock:

And I remember buying it at 18 dollars. :x

Yeah I remember 17.95 on the back when a friend bought it.

Ultimates 2 #12 delayed to 9/13/06
i sure hope jeph, joe and ed are busy doing their ultimates work because this is making me NUTS :crazy:
i guess millar just wants to be punched in the stomach
Marvel should be thankful that i have other comics to read

Last edited:

a fan said:
Ultimates 2 #12 delayed to 9/13/06
i sure hope jeph, joe and ed are busy doing their ultimates work because this is making me NUTS :crazy:
i guess millar just wants to be punched in the stomach
The damn scottish bastard deserves more than a punch in the stomach.

Originally posted by maxwell smart The damn scottish bastard deserves more than a punch in the stomach.
you are right millar needs to be tarred and feathered :twisted:

am i wrong, or do i remember ultimates 2 #9 coming out about the same time (early september - mid sept) LAST YEAR?

Cable414 said:
am i wrong, or do i remember ultimates 2 #9 coming out about the same time (early september - mid sept) LAST YEAR?

Actually, thats probably exactly right...the even sadder part being that Ultimates 2 started the end of 2004...it'll be an over two year ordeal for this 13 issue series...extra pages in the books or not, its insanely late.

Cable414 said:
Actually that was Ultimates #8 that came out on 9/21.

And the NEW delay date for Ultimate V2 #12, according to the Marvel web site:

2006-09-27

Last edited:

Rhyo said:

2006-09-27
These delays are getting to be epic.

Rhyo said:

2006-09-27

Thread title updated.

Thanks.

About two weeks ago (I think) Hitch posted that the issue had gone to be inked and colored. MM posted earlier this week that it had gone back to Hitch again and that Hitch was "almost done."

So I think this was one of those re-scripting things.

Quick question for everyone do you think that you'll read Ultimates 3 even if, and I really hope that this isn't the case, every issue gets delayed like the last few issues. Hopefully they'll wisen up and just find a way to put out quality books in a timely fashion.

orgionaly posted by marvel.com
If you do but one thing with your life: read this comic!
What they accually mean: Read this comic IF you can get it. SUCKERS!!!!!:evil:

looks like this delay is getting mark millar closer to having to be punched in the stomach

Last edited:
:shock:

This is absolutely absurd. For Millar to turn in consistently late work (and not just late, but MONTHS late) work like this is a big middle finger to the fans. I cannot fathom why Marvel thinks he needs to be getting more big titles, which just get predictable delayed. ARGGHHHHHHHHGGGHHHHHH!!!

Offensive at the very least.

I love the mans work, but he simply is overloaded - If he cant even manage to finish the ultimates vaguely on time, why are they giving him more titles? One at a time is more than he can manage, 3 at a time is just plain overwhelming.

He isnt putting a single title out on time, which was true BEFORE marvel gave him UFF and CW...which, IMO means they should have waited until the end of the ultimates before giving him anymore titles. It really pisses me off that he says that CW is his top priority (and he cant even do that on time!), because thats like a big FU to ultimates fans.

And as a side note, maybe its just the delays, but the last couple issues of ultimates havent felt as good as the first 18... am I crazy or does anyone else feel that way?

You realise this book keeps getting delayed because of a combination of highly detailed art (wich takes lots of time) and the creative team going back over the finished art and reworking dialogue to fit better, right? Its not just Millar didn't mail the script but the entire team working to produce the best comic they can.

And I don't remember and UFF issues being delayed by more than a week or so, and most of the time they were being pushed back with other Ultiamte books seemingly because of a crowded release date.

Last edited:
Sure... all 3 of Millars books are delayed and its not his fault.

Riiighhht....

But you are right, Ultimates does have some damn good art and amazing dialogue and scripting.

Latest posts

Back