Ultimates 2 #7 cover (pencils only)

:panic:

Anyone else seen the Thor knock-off?!

If that is indeed Captain Norway II: The Revengining, then I have a terrible feeling that Thor, believing himself to be a god, will suddenly discover, during the fight against the Ultimates that his powers really are linked to his hardware (underestimating Loki's interference) - he goes down, and someone else takes it, and Thor is left a beaten, battered man with a limp.

But in any case - yes indeed, it looks like there's now going to be armies of Giant-Men, Iron Men and so forth (probably super secret Hulks to be used as last resorts). I'm telling you, we're gearing up for Ultimates versus Ultimates Lite. It's gonna be a hoot.

Bass said:
:panic:

Anyone else seen the Thor knock-off?!

I don't see him. I see a guy pretty much dead center who has a circle on his chest, but it's just one circle...

what is stopping them from making more giant-men and did anyone see that the people in the backround they look like army of the union

One of the best covers yet! I'd say Ultron's gone mad and they need a superhuman army to stop it. So they gather the Ultimates, Union and various soldiers and enhance them.

I certainly feel that this arc will cover Ultron. Now, the arc is called Grand Theft America right? That suggests it's been hijacked, taken power of without permission or without all the votes being counted. Now, I'm still of the opinion that Ultron leaked the files from his head plugged into the SHIELD computers (I may be right, we'll see), and if this is the case, then this adds a whole new dimension to what Ultron can do, he can do anything effectively. Ultron I feel has this massive desire for order, to do what is right, he has a robots mind, and that's what computers like to do best, they like to order things, they have ideals. And he will want to enforce this order on everything (an NWO).
I think this is very Millar to do, and is a good parody of the real world too.

UltimateE said:
I don't see him. I see a guy pretty much dead center who has a circle on his chest, but it's just one circle...

Well, considering the lighting of the shadow on his armour - we'd only see one circle on Thor - and it'd be right there... so to me, it looks like someone got their hands on Thor's armour.

Nah, looks like the guy that had one circle on his costume from Ultimates 2 #4
circle-guy.jpg

Last edited:
I think Guij is right...

I know Gui is right. One cirlce in the exact same places. Watch, we'll see that it's the same guy once we see the cover with color.

If it is indeed Captain Country-of-Europe-whoosit then I believe, Guijllons has proven his identity as Loki and already altered the cover for Ultimates 2 #7 to fulfill his own (evil) purposes.

Granted, maybe I should've waited for the colour before going mad, but I think it's all part of Guijllon's plan to turn you all against me and ruin my father's mission.

I'm not having a breakdown.

That confirms that the circle guy is def. not Thor. :p

U2 #7 Cover on Marvel's Wallpaper Site

Since Marvel wants you to register to be able to see it, I'm not going to circumvent them the way another person has, but the colored version of U2 #7's cover is now available for download.

Looking at the flying figures, it's fairly obvious that the rest of the Union is catching up, and will be involved with the arc, much to my dismay. So much for America's multi-billion dollar superhuman team being able to stand up for itself.

The Giant Man parts we can see are colored the same as Hank's uniform, so I presume there's now an official Giant Man corps of SHIELD, and rather than make something new, they just mass produced Hank's suit.

The flaming head appears to be a bad 'camera angle'. The man is Captain Spain (I think), and I'm guessing the man behind him has some sort of flame power. Either that, or something has run amuck with Captain Spain since we last saw him.

Oh yeah, I set that as my wallpaper yesterday. I registered the second I saw it. Its more awesome than the word awesome can describe. Before this, I used the black and white one. I centered it and blacked in the sides of the screen, which made it look like it had those "Ultimate Bars"

Latest posts

Back