Ultimates 2 #8 & Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #1 Delayed

Seldes Katne said:
Annoying as always, but at least I'll be home from vacation by then, so I won't have to worry about finding a comic shop while I'm on the road.

Oooo, good point, I'll be lost somewhere in New Mexico the week of the original ship date. Still, I bet could have found a comics shop SOMEWHERE.

I didn't think delays could bother me as much as they do now... The Annual was something I was looking forward to!

DIrishB said:
Where you going for vacation Seldes? Anywhere interesting?
I'm actually going to be a state over from Rhyo -- I'm spending two and a half weeks with my parents touring the state of Utah. We're taking Amtrak out, renting a car and visiting pretty much every place of interest we can find, including Zion National Park, Hoover Dam, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas. (Yes, folks, Mom will be spending four days in Sin City.... :panic: ) There's one stop planned for a place where dinosaur skeletons are being excavated, and another where I have the opportunity to go whitewater rafting. We'll also be passing through St. George, Utah, home of our very own UC member Thee Great One.

Rhyo said:
Still, I bet [you] could have found a comics shop SOMEWHERE.
Absolutely. Probably will anyway, as I tend to gravitate toward libraries, bookstores, and comic shops everywhere I travel. I'm such a pathetic bibliophile.... :D

Seldes Katne said:
I'm actually going to be a state over from Rhyo -- I'm spending two and a half weeks with my parents touring the state of Utah. We're taking Amtrak out, renting a car and visiting pretty much every place of interest we can find, including Zion National Park, Hoover Dam, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas. (Yes, folks, Mom will be spending four days in Sin City.... :panic: ) There's one stop planned for a place where dinosaur skeletons are being excavated, and another where I have the opportunity to go whitewater rafting. We'll also be passing through St. George, Utah, home of our very own UC member Thee Great One.

Absolutely. Probably will anyway, as I tend to gravitate toward libraries, bookstores, and comic shops everywhere I travel. I'm such a pathetic bibliophile.... :D

Sounds like fun Seldes, just watch out for those cannibalistic sheep farmers out there.

You should visit Thee Great One early in the morning. It will scare him. :D

These don't bother me all that much. I would have been pissed about the UFF Annual, but I'm going to Dragon*Con and probably wouldn't have gotten my comics that week anyways. As for Ultimate 2 #8, it's not that bad of a delay. As long as it's still in the month of September, I'll be happy.

ProjectX2 said:
You should visit Thee Great One early in the morning. It will scare him. :D
Actually, I'm reliably informed that a visit from me at any time is pretty scary.... :wink:

Thanks for the heads-up on the sheep farmers, DIrishB. I'll be certain to pack accordingly. [Note to self: include jumbo-sized can of mace and Dad's "Tire Buddy" in carry-on luggage.]

Seldes Katne said:
Actually, I'm reliably informed that a visit from me at any time is pretty scary.... :wink:

Thanks for the heads-up on the sheep farmers, DIrishB. I'll be certain to pack accordingly. [Note to self: include jumbo-sized can of mace and Dad's "Tire Buddy" in carry-on luggage.]

No problem Seldes, I just wouldn't want anyone else to have to do through what I went through...I'm still sore and they ate my left foot.

MaxwellSmart said:
If not UFF #23, then it will be Ultimate Iron Man #4. I'm leaning toward Ultimate Iron Man.

Ultimate Iron Man #4 has my vote as well. After all, has there been a single issue not delayed since the first one was released?

a fan said:
Darn it! now I will have to wait one more week before my brain can stop guessing who the traitor is

Well, at this point it can only be a few people, can't be Hank, can't be Iron Man or Natasha based off the solicit for #9, and we know it isn't Thor or the Hulk. That only leaves Cap, Janet, or Fury (but I REALLY doubt its him).

DIrishB said:
Well, at this point it can only be a few people, can't be Hank, can't be Iron Man or Natasha based off the solicit for #9, and we know it isn't Thor or the Hulk. That only leaves Cap, Janet, or Fury (but I REALLY doubt its him).
Yeah, Fury is still a strong candidate.

Guijllons said:
Yeah, Fury is still a strong candidate.

Seriously, but I'm clueless as to what his motivations would be, besides the "This isn't a country I believe in anymore..."

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Millar pulled the ultimate liberal joke and made Fury's reason for betraying the team/country is Bush's presence in the White House? LOL, we've already had a few instances where Bush freaked out on Fury (Ultimate War, Ultimate Six), maybe Fury got pissed and was like, "Screw this, I'm not taking that **** from an idiot like that. I know, I'll betray the Ultimates!!"

Yeah, I know, kinda weak, but it would be incredibly tongue-in-cheek!

Latest posts

Back