Ultimates 2 #9 cover.

Guijllons said:
When's it out? couple of months?

Mid-late November. Allegedly.

Interesting, the color version makes it clear that the photos all have Natasha in them (I think that's the Scarlet Witch in the upper left and the top of the Wasp's head.) Nice touch, the drink holding the photos down - I think we're supposed to think it's Tony that's reviewing the photos, and has just tossed the bloody gun down.

Pfffftttt. As if I would believe an Ultimates cover.

Yeah, it does strongly imply that. But I still wonder what's written on the card.

And November huh? Well, as long as I'm not expecting it next month I can handle it.

Guijllons said:
Yeah, it does strongly imply that. But I still wonder what's written on the card.

My guess is that it's the wedding invitation, addressed to the POV character looking down at the photos. Though why bother with that spoiler? The photos and the gun alone are a good visual and excellent red herring all alone. We could sit here and speculate a long time on that, WITHOUT the card. Unless this is going to be one of those "leaked" things. I know people said before that the full Cap image on this issue was purposely leaked, and at the time I thought that was a bit paranoid, but...

Well the drink heavily applies that it's Tony looking down. We don't associate any other character with alcohol do we?

But yes, I'd assumed it be an invite, but I don't fully understand why it's blanked.

This is just begging for a caption competition.

I'm sure it will, with a proper font or whatever. I'm convinced it's a wedding invitation.

I'm really scared about #9. Either Widow tries to kill Iron Man, Iron Man is the traitor, or the 'traitor' kills Jarvis or ruins their wedding.

I NEED A HUG.

Bass said:
I'm sure it will, with a proper font or whatever. I'm convinced it's a wedding invitation.

I'm really scared about #9. Either Widow tries to kill Iron Man, Iron Man is the traitor, or the 'traitor' kills Jarvis or ruins their wedding.

I NEED A HUG.

HUGS Bass and comes up with really lame explanation which will make ME happy, anyway.

Well, you know how useful Ultimates covers are - remember the Ultimates #5 cover of Thor holding Cap's shield and Iron Man's head? misleading a tad about the final outcome? Yeah.

So, here's my theory. Tony (who has access to Fury's SECRET cameras) sent Quicksilver to rescue Hawkeye - at the house, Hawkeye had just reached up to grab the gun out of the Fake Cap's hand and still had hold of it and Quicksilver hits the Fake Cap, staggering him but not dropping him, so that retreat with the nearly mortally wounded Hawkeye is a better option than staying to fight. When Quicksilver brought Hawkeye to Tony's secret base (I told you this was lame) for medical treatment, Tony took the gun away from Hawkeye, and here's he's tossed it down on the table, on top of the photos, all the while looking Grim and Determined that whoever the real traitor is that sent the Fake Cap to kill Hawkeye isn't going to hurt Natasha, whom Tony believes is next on the list.

I think the cake theory is more believable. Especially since they're at a wedding which is bound to have cake.

Bass said:
I think the cake theory is more believable. Especially since they're at a wedding which is bound to have cake.

Bah, see if I ever try to please YOU with an unlikely scenario again!

Caduceus said:
And boy, do I believe you.

Lol, okay, okay.

My guess behind what the cover means is that Natasha is going to be the next target at the wedding and all the other implications/clues are just window dressing. Although an assassin with sense would just neutron-bomb the entire wedding and viola! But then where would we be in the comics world?

Previous covers haven't been helpful in figuring out what happens inside the issue, except sometimes in theme - and the theme here seems to be Natasha-as-target - unless she's so narcissistic that she has photos of herself casually tossed on all of her table (except, in that case, it's unlikely that the photos would have other women in them).

Rhyo said:
Lol, okay, okay.

My guess behind what the cover means is that Natasha is going to be the next target at the wedding and all the other implications/clues are just window dressing. Although an assassin with sense would just neutron-bomb the entire wedding and viola! But then where would we be in the comics world?

Previous covers haven't been helpful in figuring out what happens inside the issue, except sometimes in theme - and the theme here seems to be Natasha-as-target - unless she's so narcissistic that she has photos of herself casually tossed on all of her table (except, in that case, it's unlikely that the photos would have other women in them).
Honestly though it could just be because during times of weddings more pictures of the bride pop up than the groom...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Honestly though it could just be because during times of weddings more pictures of the bride pop up than the groom...
The bride usually looks the same though.

Rhyo said:
I'm still of the opinion its Natasha being all super-spy. A wig makes a lot of difference and the art is vague enough to pass it.

Rhyo said:
Sense? What is this sense you speak of. Grand theatrics are an integral part in super-villain psychology though. Taking over the world is just one huge cry for attention.

But realistic justifications for not blowing the whole blace up...the assassin will have to make an appearance, and thus can't really do it short of a huge suicide bombing, they can't do it without exposing themselves as having access to that kind of technology, and there's no way that Fury doesn't have a back up plan in case something happens to him/The Ultimates.

Okay, smart and still-awake guys (yes, okay, so it's just very early in the morning for Bass, instead of late at night) - what do you think happened to Hawkeye?

Alive or dead?

In on the conspiracy or complete pawn/victim?

Rhyo said:
Okay, smart and still-awake guys (yes, okay, so it's just very early in the morning for Bass, instead of late at night) - what do you think happened to Hawkeye?

Alive or dead?

In on the conspiracy or complete pawn/victim?
I'm goin' to stick by the rule:

"If there ain't no body, the guy's alive."

Latest posts

Back