Ultimates Annual #2 discussion (spoilers)

The book was garbage... Me saying this as a HUGE Ultimates fan makes my stomach hurt but its tru... As I'm african american myself I felt that going and pulling the race card in this issue was ok but they over played it the way Falcon was lecturing Cap if it were Fury in his shoes the issue wouldve played out totally differently... Ultimate as well as 616 Falcon Sucks no lie there.

Did anyone seem to notice the dust stuff that Arnim Zola had is the stuff Falcon was talking about in Ultimate Nightmare?

Ultimate Cap 4 President said:
The book was garbage... Me saying this as a HUGE Ultimates fan makes my stomach hurt but its tru... As I'm african american myself I felt that going and pulling the race card in this issue was ok but they over played it the way Falcon was lecturing Cap if it were Fury in his shoes the issue wouldve played out totally differently... Ultimate as well as 616 Falcon Sucks no lie there.

Did anyone seem to notice the dust stuff that Arnim Zola had is the stuff Falcon was talking about in Ultimate Nightmare?
No I did not notice that but thank you for reminding me that I have to read that entire trilogy over again.

I actually would have never guessed that you were black. I know it was an odd comment but still.....

Last edited:
Thor said:
No I did not notice that but thank you for reminding me that I have to read that entire trilogy over again.

I actually would have never guessed that you were black. I know it was an odd comment but still.....

POTD, for all the wrong reasons. :roll:

Cap, I don't think Falcon's a bad character. Falcon was a total badass throughout Ultimate Secret. He just sort of got the short end of the stick in Nightmare and this. Personally, I dig the hell out of him.

Uh....thanks?

And anyway I think Falcon is a great character but I hope he and Cap have a lot more buddy-buddy relationship. A few little personality conflicts here and there will make the book even better (yes that is possible).

Thor said:

Nah dont worry about it... Yea i get odd looks when i walk in to comic shops but i get a thrill outta out-witting the cashier when he gets to talking about the Ultimate books. Good stuff. And Falcon mentions bringing back the dead in like the second issue so dont worry about reading the entire trilogy.
Us noobs gotta look out for one another right? 8)

Last edited:
I can't believe how many of you hated it. I thought it very well done. Dedato and Sook are some of the best comic artists today. The dialogue and story was very great and I really liked it. Added an interesting twist to the relation of Cap & Falcon. I thought it was great.

thee great one said:
I can't believe how many of you hated it. I thought it very well done. Dedato and Sook are some of the best comic artists today. The dialogue and story was very great and I really liked it. Added an interesting twist to the relation of Cap & Falcon. I thought it was great.

ah just wasn't 'ultimate' enough for me and just thought it was bizarre

Thor said:
Uh....thanks?

And anyway I think Falcon is a great character but I hope he and Cap have a lot more buddy-buddy relationship. A few little personality conflicts here and there will make the book even better (yes that is possible).

I could see them more as an Odd Couple relationship. not getting along but agreeing to disagree.

Hibiki said:
I could see them more as an Odd Couple relationship. not getting along but agreeing to disagree.

"Caaaap!! Did you eat all those butterscotch cookies I made for the bake sale?"
"They were sitting on the table! Of course I ate them!"
"But Caaaaap!!! Those were for the bake sale!"

Edit: Sorry.... I thought you said Old Couple.... :(

Last edited:
Just got it this weekend. I'm not a big fan of this issue. Not really sure why exactly but it was confusing and overall I wasn't impressed. I didn't like the villian either. Nice art though.

Baxters opinion.

Great character moments. I was enspecialy fond of the "when i talk about god like he's a real person" line. Anyone who knew someone from Steves generation that had a similar background (such as my dearly departed great grandmother) will get a hit off that one. The action on the other hand was a mess. Muddled, and at a few points I had thought I'd skipped a page. not good.

I think we need Huston on a more dialogue driven book. It'd be much better than the action oriented Ultimates.

Just got it this weekend. I'm not a big fan of this issue. Not really sure why exactly but it was confusing and overall I wasn't impressed. I didn't like the villian either. Nice art though.

I've been to three threads in a row and you give pretty much the same review. WTHell? I give your posts a thumbs down review. Watcher ,give him a thumbs down smiley.

This was ****.

There wasn't even a story. Just a bunch of scenes that weren't stuck together very well. The villain wasn't explained much at all, and the events in the issue just... happened.

Playing up the race card wasn't needed and kind of ruined Ultimate Falcon for me. Why does whenever there's a black guy in a comic, they have to bring something up to do with race? I'm sick of it.

Deodato art was bad. It's disgusting. Sook's art was the only good part of this book, but he does not suit Captain America.

Better luck next time.

This was ****.

There wasn't even a story. Just a bunch of scenes that weren't stuck together very well. The villain wasn't explained much at all, and the events in the issue just... happened.

Playing up the race card wasn't needed and kind of ruined Ultimate Falcon for me. Why does whenever there's a black guy in a comic, they have to bring something up to do with race? I'm sick of it.

Deodato art was bad. It's disgusting. Sook's art was the only good part of this book, but he does not suit Captain America.

Better luck next time.

Well, next time it better be about Hawkeye.

Well, next time it better be about Hawkeye.

It better be about Hawkeye slicing Black Widow's head off with a dinner plate, and then going throughout the world, hunting down HYDRA (who would be revealed to be the Russian equivalent of SHIELD, and the Cold War was actually a Secret War between the two organizations) as they were funding the Liberators.

It better be about Hawkeye slicing Black Widow's head off with a dinner plate, and then going throughout the world, hunting down HYDRA (who would be revealed to be the Russian equivalent of SHIELD, and the Cold War was actually a Secret War between the two organizations) as they were funding the Liberators.
That would be the best Annual of all time ever.

Latest posts

Back