Ultimates Annual not to spoil Ultimates 2 #13.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
As posted by yours truly on Newsarama's Joe Fridays, Joe reveals that the annual will not spoil the last issue of the second volume.

"Iceman Geek" - After reading the solicitations for August, Ultimates Annual #2 is still being published before Ultimates 2 #13? Was it not said that the Ultimates Annual was going to be directly after Ultimates issue? Won't it all be spoiled?

JQ: As far as I can tell, nothing will be spoiled.

Ice said:
As posted by yours truly on Newsarama's Joe Fridays, Joe reveals that the annual will not spoil the last issue of the second volume.

"Iceman Geek" - After reading the solicitations for August, Ultimates Annual #2 is still being published before Ultimates 2 #13? Was it not said that the Ultimates Annual was going to be directly after Ultimates issue? Won't it all be spoiled?

JQ: As far as I can tell, nothing will be spoiled.

Joey Q ialso likes to spin tales that wind up not being totally true.

Lynx said:
Joey Q ialso likes to spin tales that wind up not being totally true.
Hey, hey! Don't ruin my moment here!

But seriously, I don't think he would lie about something like this.

That's a relief. Here's hoping the release of Ultimates 3 and Ultimates 4 don't spoil Ultimates 2 #13.

Zombipanda said:
That's a relief. Here's hoping the release of Ultimates 3 and Ultimates 4 don't spoil Ultimates 2 #13.

:lol:

From an interview with Huston:

Q - Where does it fit with Mark Millar's current storyline and Jeph Loeb's upcoming run? Is it intended to be a standalone story that new readers will be able to latch on to?

Huston: I haven't read the end of Millar's run yet, but my plan is to pick up right in the aftermath of his destruction of civilization as we know it. No plans to connect to Loeb's run unless I get a request. The story should stand alone pretty well. The reader will meet the other Ultimates and witness some of the UGTA consequences, but they should be able to go for the ride with out a guidebook.

and from another interview:
This year's "Ultimates" Annual is set shortly after "Grand Theft America" and finds the team in rough shape. "The entire team, or whatever portion of it Millar and Hitch leave breathing, will make appearances," Huston explained. "But the bulk of the story will focus on Cap and The Falcon."

So either: they re-edited the book, taking some of this stuff out, Huston was talking about some VERY minor spoilers, or Joe Q isn't exactly up on his Ultimates lore. Or whatever is potentially "spoiled" happens in issue #11, so it won't be a spoiler by then. Assuming #11 comes out first.

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
From an interview with Huston:

Q - Where does it fit with Mark Millar's current storyline and Jeph Loeb's upcoming run? Is it intended to be a standalone story that new readers will be able to latch on to?

Huston: I haven't read the end of Millar's run yet, but my plan is to pick up right in the aftermath of his destruction of civilization as we know it. No plans to connect to Loeb's run unless I get a request. The story should stand alone pretty well. The reader will meet the other Ultimates and witness some of the UGTA consequences, but they should be able to go for the ride with out a guidebook.

and from another interview:
This year's "Ultimates" Annual is set shortly after "Grand Theft America" and finds the team in rough shape. "The entire team, or whatever portion of it Millar and Hitch leave breathing, will make appearances," Huston explained. "But the bulk of the story will focus on Cap and The Falcon."

So either: they re-edited the book, taking some of this stuff out, Huston was talking about some VERY minor spoilers, or Joe Q isn't exactly up on his Ultimates lore. Or whatever is potentially "spoiled" happens in issue #11, so it won't be a spoiler by then. Assuming #11 comes out first.

I'm confused.

DIrishB said:
I'm confused.
In other words, things are very separate with super-vague references so they're covered no matter what Millar does, Joe Q is dumb and it will spoil, or people will die in U2 #11, then the annual comes out and so it doesn't spoil #12 and #13 really.

Latest posts

Back