Upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man arcs

TheManWithoutFear said:
Is Toomes definitely going to be Vulture. I swear if Bendis brings Toomes into the comics without any hint of reference to the game.... I'll just .... :arrgh:

Also, loved how Toomes wasn't an old geezer. And if you guys think he was, I think you are mistaken. He's bald not old. THat's how I saw it.

I'm pretty sure it'll be him. Its still possible its not, but with the solicit for #90 (the last of the Silver Sable arc) confirming the Ultimate Vulture will be showing up, it kind of makes sense given their roles in the game storyline. And I could be mistaken, but I think it mentioned Toomes by name specifically.

EDIT: Just checked, and the solicit didn't mention Vulture by name, but I still am sure it'll be Toomes.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Is Toomes definitely going to be Vulture. I swear if Bendis brings Toomes into the comics without any hint of reference to the game.... I'll just .... :arrgh:

Also, loved how Toomes wasn't an old geezer. And if you guys think he was, I think you are mistaken. He's bald not old. THat's how I saw it.

Toomes looks like he's around 40-something, or at most early 50's. He's quite old, but not geriatric old like the regular version. Ultimate Vulture's costume looks pretty awesome from the back.

DIrishB said:
I'm pretty sure it'll be him. Its still possible its not, but with the solicit for #90 (the last of the Silver Sable arc) confirming the Ultimate Vulture will be showing up, it kind of makes sense given their roles in the game storyline. And I could be mistaken, but I think it mentioned Toomes by name specifically.

EDIT: Just checked, and the solicit didn't mention Vulture by name, but I still am sure it'll be Toomes.

I just realized something Silver Sable and Toomes showing up in the same arc is ridiculous. They're part of two different organizations and just because they appeared in the same game, why does that mean they have to show up at the same time? If you think about it they have nothing to do with each other and it's a nice coincidence that they pop up in the same arc again.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Toomes looks like he's around 40-something, or at most early 50's. He's quite old, but not geriatric old like the regular version. Ultimate Vulture's costume looks pretty awesome from the back.
Give me some credit. Toomes in the comic was OOOOOOLLLLLLDDDD... the fact that he's not weezing is what I meant.

I agree he does look very cool.

the watcher said:

Thanks Watcher. You're right, Vulture's Ultimate costume is badass. I'm looking forward to that arc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I just realized something Silver Sable and Toomes showing up in the same arc is ridiculous. They're part of two different organizations and just because they appeared in the same game, why does that mean they have to show up at the same time? If you think about it they have nothing to do with each other and it's a nice coincidence that they pop up in the same arc again.

They're part of two different organizations, but still associated through the game's events. And we don't know anything about Vulture's motivations in this arc, but I'm sure Bendis will come up with a somewhat believable explanation.

Either way, I've been looking forward to seeing the Ultimate version of Vulture since I first started reading USM, mainly to see how they'd approach the costume...and I'm very much liking the results after seeing that cover.

Thanks again for that link Watcher, it made my day seeing that badass costume...much better than the Ultimate version of Shocker anyway.

Give me some credit. Toomes in the comic was OOOOOOLLLLLLDDDD... the fact that he's not weezing is what I meant.

I agree he does look very cool.

He definitly is badass looking.

The Vulture costume is definitely really cool, there's no doubt about it. I do really feel his appearance is out of place, though. I really hope he's got a reason to show up other than just to appease fans. Like, the arc follows Silver Sable for the best part of it and then we've got Vulture out of left field? That won't fly with me if that's the case...

Goodwill said:
The Vulture costume is definitely really cool, there's no doubt about it. I do really feel his appearance is out of place, though. I really hope he's got a reason to show up other than just to appease fans. Like, the arc follows Silver Sable for the best part of it and then we've got Vulture out of left field? That won't fly with me if that's the case...

Thats true, hopefully he won't be a character that Bendis only uses those few times and then tosses aside. I can also see what you mean by his showing up only in the last issue, as some surprise plot twist or a forced ingredient in the resolution. But either way, I can forgive that after seeing that costume. Hopefully his character and dialogue will be half as good as the costume.

I wouldn't pass a good story for a costume, but as long as we've got Ponsor on colors, I'll be ok with any jarring plot twist. ;)

I know that this idea is really twisted, but I don't know about you guys, but the dark pictures of
Mr. Roxxon in #86
certainly sent off a little Vultury vibe to me. Definitely the eyebrows.....

You see, I seriously think Mr. Roxxon is Moon Knight. Sure, the last time we heard about him, he was in a coma but you know how super heroes are... There's a face behind those shadows and I think we oughta think about it real hard. Vulture is a good guess, too, although I don't know he would want to ruin his own company...

Goodwill said:
You see, I seriously think Mr. Roxxon is Moon Knight. Sure, the last time we heard about him, he was in a coma but you know how super heroes are... There's a face behind those shadows and I think we oughta think about it real hard. Vulture is a good guess, too, although I don't know he would want to ruin his own company...

I know... But I seem to remember 616 Vulchy having those kind of eyebrows or something like the Mr. Roxxon does, kind of like a very tiny Owl version eyebrows. I mean, if I didn't already know that he was gonna be showing up in a few issues, I definitely would just have looked at Roxxon and thought something like "oh. another shady business type man. wonder who he is?" :D

Goodwill said:
I wouldn't pass a good story for a costume, but as long as we've got Ponsor on colors, I'll be ok with any jarring plot twist. ;)

I agree, I'm just saying its more forgivable.

ultimatedjf said:
I know that this idea is really twisted, but I don't know about you guys, but the dark pictures of SPOILER!
Mr. Roxxon in #86
certainly sent off a little Vultury vibe to me. Definitely the eyebrows.....

Eh, I'm pretty sure Ultimate Vulture will indeed be Adrian Toomes, but its definitly possible.

Goodwill said:

Roxxon=Moon Knight, thats a possibility, though I'm pretty sure the guy's name is Mr. Roxxon, not Spector. Could be though, we'll see.

As for Vulture ruining his own company, we don't know if he'll be doing that or not. We know absolutley zero about Vulture other than what the back of his costume looks like and the fact he'll be showing up in #90. He could very well be helping Roxxon...though I doubt it.

Yeah, your guess has more legitimacy than mine. If Bendis was smart, he'd elaborate on this guy.

Bendis never elaborates except on dialogue, why start now?

Goodwill said:

ya, but one thing Moon Knight is in a Coma.

the watcher said:
ya, but one thing Moon Knight is in a Coma.

Last time we saw him. Don't forget, at least a month has passed between the Warriors arc and the Silver Sable arc, possibly more, since the USM Annual fits right in between. He could have woken already (though I doubt it, I think the next time we'll see Moon Knight he'll still be in the coma).

This is a comic book. It's very possible he's survived.

Also, to get around Mr. Roxxon is simple. To maintain his privacy with an assassin, he could be using his corporate identity rather than his personal one. Another thing to support my own theory is that Moon Knight has different personalities... Mr. Roxxon could be one of them. Just saying. ;)

Goodwill said:
This is a comic book. It's very possible he's survived.

Also, to get around Mr. Roxxon is simple. To maintain his privacy with an assassin, he could be using his corporate identity rather than his personal one. Another thing to support my own theory is that Moon Knight has different personalities... Mr. Roxxon could be one of them. Just saying. ;)

you're right, but I'm pretty sure during the Warriors arc, in the issue which kind of focused on Moon Knight, during the business meeting he was referred to as either Mark or Mr. Spector by one of the employees.

Latest posts

Back