Upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man arcs

Dr.Strangefate said:
Hrm...

That's disapointing, I was really hoping that they'd died from Corporate evildoings, not their own mistakes...

I like it. Whatever cause for the crash Bendis would have come with, it has already been done. Sure, getting killed by your creation is derivative of Frankenstein. But these days, corporate evil doing is more cliché than killed by your own monster so the classic become fresh again. ;)

Is Trask and that whole story going to come out in a story arc soon? I love the Ultimat Spidey book, it's simply the best.

Goodwill said:
The game BETTER be touched on in the comic.
The game is cannon continuity wise, so I dont see why it wont. Otherwise, things will really not make sense, beyond the points they do already if any.

icemastertron said:
The game is cannon continuity wise, so I dont see why it wont. Otherwise, things will really not make sense, beyond the points they do already if any.

I understand that it's cannon and that it is in line with the rest of the title, however, does Bendis really expect us to spend 50 dollars on a story arc? Like, it seems like the game actually made an impact or, at least, should make an impact... That doesn't make sense to me because there are people (much like myself) who won't be purchasing the game. The title better be able to support itself through this story or I'll be thoroughly pissed. To have a story rely on a video game is very stupid on Bendis' part.

Ah, Geez, this sure isn't helping my standing here (hyuk, hyuk) but "cannon" is something you fire at, um, the advancing Confederate troops or Doc Comic's malformed head. "Canon" is the word, the law, the legacy, the continuity. The
bible (crappy book, by the way) is "canon." Artillery is "cannon."

Goodwill said:
I understand that it's cannon and that it is in line with the rest of the title, however, does Bendis really expect us to spend 50 dollars on a story arc? Like, it seems like the game actually made an impact or, at least, should make an impact... That doesn't make sense to me because there are people (much like myself) who won't be purchasing the game. The title better be able to support itself through this story or I'll be thoroughly pissed. To have a story rely on a video game is very stupid on Bendis' part.
*takes out bald sock puppet*

BALD SOCK PUPPET: "Hi! My name is Brian Michael Bendis and I'm here to tell you that you don't need to play the Ultimate Spider-Man videogame as it has no bearing of your understanding of my work on USM."

...pause...

BALD SOCK PUPPET: "It's like the game is important to the story... but not! Isn't that awesome? Does that even make sense? It's like sense... but not!"

ORSON SCOTT PUPPET: "MOOOOOOOONKEYS! OOGA-BOOGA! VIRAL MONKEYS!"

Goodwill said:
Who is he? Vulture?

Actually, Vulture isn't Vulture yet in the game. Adrian Toomes is a scientist who works for Trask Industries, who is working specifically on the Venom project and who ends up turning Peter into Carnage 2. However, he'll be making his debut as Vulture in the last issue of the current Silver Sable arc.

RUFUS! said:
i never got round to finishing the USM game, i got to the part where you have to save trask from venom, what happens after that & how does he find out this stuff on his parent's?

Thats the last level/fight. Once you beat Venom (and its honestly an easier fight than Green Goblin in my opinion) it goes to an ending cut scene where Peter finds the file detailing how his parent's plane crashed (due to Eddie's dad using the Venom suit and freaking out), and the game ends with Trask in prison and Eddie/Venom catching up to him and apparently killing him.

Goodwill said:
I understand that it's cannon and that it is in line with the rest of the title, however, does Bendis really expect us to spend 50 dollars on a story arc?

Not necessarily, while it does expand the overall story, its supposed to not be dependant on each other. You're supposed to be able to play the game without reading the comic, and vice-versa, and still be able to understand both storylines. Thats the plan anyway. I'm sure if the game events are mentioned in the comic, it'll be an offhand comment so as not to be too dependant on the game storyline.

Like, it seems like the game actually made an impact or, at least, should make an impact... That doesn't make sense to me because there are people (much like myself) who won't be purchasing the game. The title better be able to support itself through this story or I'll be thoroughly pissed. To have a story rely on a video game is very stupid on Bendis' part.

Like I said, I don't think they'll be dependant on each other. If you're a completist get the game, if not don't worry about it.

DIrishB said:
Actually, Vulture isn't Vulture yet in the game. Adrian Toomes is a scientist who works for Trask Industries, who is working specifically on the Venom project and who ends up turning Peter into Carnage 2. However, he'll be making his debut as Vulture in the last issue of the current Silver Sable arc.

Is Toomes definitely going to be Vulture. I swear if Bendis brings Toomes into the comics without any hint of reference to the game.... I'll just .... :arrgh:

Also, loved how Toomes wasn't an old geezer. And if you guys think he was, I think you are mistaken. He's bald not old. THat's how I saw it.

Latest posts

Back