Upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man arcs

I, for one, think it would be great if Bendis had the guts to give Mary Jane the guts to leave Peter, or simply run away from her entire life(to hollywood? to become an actress? maybe?).

Mary Jane and Peter fit... but Peter can't deal with a girlfriend right now, and its tearing MJ apart. Honestly, it would be reasonable thinking that she could go to SHIELD and demand to be put in an equivelant to the Witness Protection Program. She got tossed off a building by Norman Osborn, then something's gonna happen with Harry, and people close to Harry have been killed because he is who he is.

I'd like to see how peter would take the loss, and then they can let him evolve in a direction 616 can't take him anymore. Maybe she comes back later, but Peter needs her out of his life for now, or at least I think so

is it me or would anyone else think it would be funny for the mj arc if she was visited by the x-men chick's?

nigma said:
is it me or would anyone else think it would be funny for the mj arc if she was visited by the x-men chick's?
like in a Kitty/MJ catfight?

or just in an advice way?

personally I want to see the cat fight, that would just be sweet. But advice wouldn't be bad, if it was coming form Jean…

that MJ issue will probably be oriented around the results of the hobgoblin arc, her feelings about everything that went down, her life and what not, i dont see her leaving anytime soon like some of you though.....personally i think it will just explore her character more.

The Captain said:
personally i think it will just explore her character more.

Yep. Like the Aunt May at the shrink issue.

I do think that that issue was needed so that we don't have the outburts that we got from May a while back... They were really annoying because we didn't really see interaction between her and Peter and she'd break through to his basement abode over something trivial or not trust him because he slipped out during the night... Whatever, I'm trying to defend the issue with May, not cheese her character. I don't think an MJ issue is needed since we see her most of all next to Peter, so I would hope this one focuses around Peter AND MJ so there's more to it.

Also, I'm thinking that the 100th issue WILL have Scorpion, too. I think Bendis is going to treat the character as he is supposed to be treated and the five issues before that will, hopefully, be a slew of cameos for each issue, you know? Either that or have Shocker back again and able to actually fight back against Spider-Man... I would like either of those ideas.

Considering Bendis mentioned him and pulled him out. I think that's some indication that it'll be him.

math and comics

Goodwill said:
Either that or have Shocker back again and able to actually fight back against Spider-Man... I would like either of those ideas.

Bendis did say shocker would be showing up again, something like every 17 issues....i think he said this when shocker showed up in 67...so if you add 17 to that, you get issue 84...

o_O That's in the Ultimate Warriors arc. I don't see this as a problem if Wilson Fisk's got his back and invests in new equipment for the Shocker, but I'm thinking, if this is the case, there WILL be too many characters in that arc.

I think that Ultimizing characters for the last five before #100 is a very cool idea; that way Spider-Man fans won't be down that they didn't get to see who they really wanted to, you know?

1. Shocker would probably make a cameo appearance like he has been the last two/three? times he's shown up.
2. Now I'm starting to think all of those people Bendis mentioned might actually not show up in the planned arcs.
3. I will be very disappointed if I do not get Ultimate Daredevil.

Goodwill said:
o_O That's in the Ultimate Warriors arc. I don't see this as a problem if Wilson Fisk's got his back and invests in new equipment for the Shocker, but I'm thinking, if this is the case, there WILL be too many characters in that arc.

I think that Ultimizing characters for the last five before #100 is a very cool idea; that way Spider-Man fans won't be down that they didn't get to see who they really wanted to, you know?

it would be nice if the shocker was actually taken seriously, but i like him the way he is already.

This is my first post so be gentle.
I thought the aunt may arc and the breakfast club arc were a little bit of a let down. But I do think they do help flesh the series out a little more. It makes it so you feel like it's one huge story rather than these small issues or arcs. i think the MJ issue could go either way. I would like to see her physically or metaphorically run out of peters life. maybe do a "great expectations" thing. More like the movie than the book. Maybe pull in some "say anything" and make her the ultimate girl peter cant have. at least now. Oh, you could also have her and harry hook up durring this arc and have the "chasing amy" thing going on. I'm tired, peace.

ultimatemurderbuddies said:
I thought the aunt may arc and the breakfast club arc were a little bit of a let down. But I do think they do help flesh the series out a little more. It makes it so you feel like it's one huge story rather than these small issues or arcs. i think the MJ issue could go either way. I would like to see her physically or metaphorically run out of peters life. maybe do a "great expectations" thing. More like the movie than the book. Maybe pull in some "say anything" and make her the ultimate girl peter cant have. at least now. Oh, you could also have her and harry hook up durring this arc and have the "chasing amy" thing going on. I'm tired, peace.

Hmmm which Chasing Amy thing :sure:

Haha Welcome ! :twisted:

ultimatemurderbuddies said:
I thought the aunt may arc and the breakfast club arc were a little bit of a let down. But I do think they do help flesh the series out a little more. It makes it so you feel like it's one huge story rather than these small issues or arcs.

I agree completely, although I wasn't really let down by them. I like stories like that in moderation.

And welcome. :D

Latest posts

Back