UPDATE: Ultimates 2 #13 delayed to 5/16/07

Re: Marvel.com: Ultimates 2 #13 delayed to 5/2/07

it has been confirmed, it is delayed until the 2nd of May.

that is all.

Last edited:

See, told ya. Marvel's been getting better in updating, or at least updating with the delays.

True, but the comics wouldn't ship until July 5 (Thursday), due to it being a national holiday, right?

true in most cases, don't know about oversees. but it could tie into the national patriotic thing. were rebuilding a nation (in the comic) and were celebrating the freedom of another. or just to get drunk and annoy the people next door. as marvel has enjoyed the annoyances of fans.

this single issue has become the new Ghost Rider #94, it will only be released in maybe 5 years after, and the new EIC gets enough flack and they get HitLar back together to finish it

this single issue has become the new Ghost Rider #94, it will only be released in maybe 5 years after, and the new EIC gets enough flack and they get HitLar back together to finish it

Screw that. I say get Ivan Velez and Javier Saltares to finish it!

New Joe Fridays:

So why once again the delay for Ultimates 2 #13? Didn't Bryan Hitch complete the pencils in December? And is there any particular reason why it is taking so long to get the inks done? I remember a once proposed January 31st release date, then bumped to March 21st, and now it's been bumped again to April 11th. If that date holds it'll be seven months between issues #12 and 13? Doesn't that seem kind of ridiculous to you? Does the delay have anything to do with the release and timing for Ultimates 3 #1?

JQ:
Hey, Sweeps, I can't publish a book I don't have. I don't know when Bryan announced that the book was finished, but we don't have the entire thing in house. Bry and Paul Neary shuffle the pages amongst themselves (as they live close to each other) so it makes it very tough to know at what stage the book is at. Plus they do go back into the work in order to add those extra little details that everyone loves. My understanding is that at this point we've seen a good portion of the inks done and coloring has begun, but we don't have it all and we don't have a cover for the issue yet as well. So, the truth of the matter is that it's really a question that you need to ask Bryan as he probably has a better idea of where everything is than we do.

Nice *** covering.

I don't know whether it's true or not that Joe Q has no idea what's going on with the book. But if so, it's kind of sad that the EIC doesn't know what's going on with a best-selling title that's, what, FOUR MONTHS late?

I don't know about you guys, but any time there's a situation at Marvel that pisses me off and it's not clear who's at fault, the blame goes by default to Joe Q because it's his job to make stuff like this not happen.

Yes, very lovely move. Instead of taking responsibility you shuffle it off on someone else like an uninked page of Ultimates 2 13.

I've defended Quesada over and over again, even over the creators, but if he doesn't know what stage any issue of any title is in, and can't find out by calling the editor, then he should be fired.

Last edited:

When I say Marvel is acting like a shambolic, amateur production company, this is why.

The editor in chief isn't asked story details or any 'spoiler' information, but asked, quite frankly, on the current progress of a four-month late title.

He doesn't know.

He doesn't know.

Can you imagine someone asking the Head of New Line, "Excuse me, when is The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King coming out? You said Christmas 2003, but it's Christmas 2004 and we've not seen a trailer." and the head of New Line responding, "I'm sorry, I don't know. You should probably ask Peter Jackson about it."

The reason I point out that the EIC wasn't being asked any 'spoiler' information, is because he has no reason to be coy with his answers. If someone said, "Will Cap die in #13?", his response could/should be a coy, "Stay tuned". But this is not such a question, and we can only assume that the EIC is honestly saying he doesn't know the status of one of the best-selling titles his company produces that is already four-months late.

He could ask Laura Martin. Hell, even I know how many pages she has had sent to her so far! (No, I'm not going to tell you so don't ask.) He could ask Bryan Hitch! What the hell is this? "I don't know, maybe you should ask the artist?"

It's one thing to say, "due to artistic integrity we won't be operating a conveyer belt where we mass produce comics, we will spend the time on each comic we need to make that comic perfect" and another thing to say, "I don't know where we are on the production of our books, you should probably ask someone who knows yourself."

Nonsense.

When I say Marvel is acting like a shambolic, amateur production company, this is why.

The editor in chief isn't asked story details or any 'spoiler' information, but asked, quite frankly, on the current progress of a four-month late title.

He doesn't know.

He doesn't know.

Can you imagine someone asking the Head of New Line, "Excuse me, when is The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King coming out? You said Christmas 2003, but it's Christmas 2004 and we've not seen a trailer." and the head of New Line responding, "I'm sorry, I don't know. You should probably ask Peter Jackson about it."

The reason I point out that the EIC wasn't being asked any 'spoiler' information, is because he has no reason to be coy with his answers. If someone said, "Will Cap die in #13?", his response could/should be a coy, "Stay tuned". But this is not such a question, and we can only assume that the EIC is honestly saying he doesn't know the status of one of the best-selling titles his company produces that is already four-months late.

He could ask Laura Martin. Hell, even I know how many pages she has had sent to her so far! (No, I'm not going to tell you so don't ask.) He could ask Bryan Hitch! What the hell is this? "I don't know, maybe you should ask the artist?"

It's one thing to say, "due to artistic integrity we won't be operating a conveyer belt where we mass produce comics, we will spend the time on each comic we need to make that comic perfect" and another thing to say, "I don't know where we are on the production of our books, you should probably ask someone who knows yourself."

Nonsense.

We already know he won't die because half the titles in the Ultimate universe take place after this. It's just an ***-kicking issue that sets up Ultimates 3! That doesn't mean it can't be good and surprising, but this like Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine--we already know what's going to happen and it just makes this even sadder.

I call shenanigans. SHENANIGANS!

We already know he won't die because half the titles in the Ultimate universe take place after this.

He was just giving an example.

And I agree with Bass. Totally unacceptable.

I know, I was elaborating on his example by pointing out that there's not really anything to spoil.

Smart off to me again and I'll ban you forever, peon.

We were almost within 20 days of seeing it....

UNTOLD AMOUNTS OF GAH! :x :x :x :x

the fact that we've seen a couple of pics showing how good its going to be is like having a greased Scarlett Johansson poledancing in your house and you've just dropped the keys down the drain :(

Seriously though, September last year issue 12, May this year issue 13. It can never hope to live up to everyones expectations.

If it does, I'll name my next born MillarHitchNeary :D

Latest posts

Back