UPDATE: Ultimates 2 #9 still 12/07, will feature 29 pages of story

Re: UPDATE: Ultimates 2 #9 delayed 12/07.

Fuzzy Birds said:
What? How can that not be true? I'm getting sick of waiting months to get issues that usually pose more questions than answers. Already, I don't give a fork who the traitor is, I just can't wait for this series to finish (which it already bloody should have). My enjoyment of this title has not only plummeted, it's pretty much hit the bloody ground already. Nothing short of the greatest, funniest, most beautifully scripted and illustrated remaining 4 issues can possibly change my mind. Maybe I'll be singing a different song come October 2006, or whenever this title finally ends, but right now, I'm downright pissed off and barely interested.
I don't know if it works the same way for you, but for me my interest in Ultimates has slightly tapered off mostly because of how overdiscussed it is.

Granted, I'm on an Ultimate message board and it's kind of expected that the title with the most consistent level of quality will end up being the most discussed, but I suspect it'd be easier to accept the rate at which Millar chooses to throw those questions and answers if every step of development in each issue wasn't as heavily discussed as it is here.

Re: UPDATE: Ultimates 2 #9 moved back to 11/30, will feature 29 pages of story

Guijllons said:
So this is out in just over a week. I can't tell if I'm excited or not.

I would be if I wasn't expecting an announcement made on November 28 for it it to be delayed a further two months. The good news is we'll get an extra page of story, so an even 30.

;)

they did this to smite me, i swear to you they did, they must have seen my poll.

Looks like no #9 next week after all. Just got the official listing for next week, and no Ultimates. Just UFF. :(

icemastertron said:
Looks like no #9 next week after all. Just got the official listing for next week, and no Ultimates. Just UFF. :(
Gonna change the name of the thread?

Pandrio said:
Gonna change the name of the thread?
Not sure when its delayed to, though. That I find out later today. Hopefully.

Last edited:

I'm just hoping this is one big screw up somewhere. I'm REALLY hoping that's what it is.

It's strange how the issue scheduling changes my affection for this title. When it was coming out just-slightly-monthly-plus, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was going on and who was behind what. But now, I've actually had too much time to (over) analyze the plot and I've lost a great deal of my enthusiasm for it. I'd LIKE it to come out next week, but if it doesn't - ehhh.

icemastertron said:
I'm just hoping this is one big screw up somewhere. I'm REALLY hoping that's what it is.

The screw-up is in Millar and Hitch (well probably Hitch mostly) working too slowly for the schedule Marvel gave them...and its Marvel's fault for giving them any schedule at all. They should have let Hitch complete the first ten issues before releasing the first, so he could have had enough time to finish the last two before the issues caught up.

Rhyo said:
It's strange how the issue scheduling changes my affection for this title. When it was coming out just-slightly-monthly-plus, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was going on and who was behind what. But now, I've actually had too much time to (over) analyze the plot and I've lost a great deal of my enthusiasm for it. I'd LIKE it to come out next week, but if it doesn't - ehhh.

I think you speak for most of us with that statement.

Last edited:

Yes, I'm the same, Rhyo. No doubt, that'll change when I read #9 and drool over the possibilities of #10.

still there when i looked about 10 minuets ago.

Yusssssssssssssssss.

Re: UPDATE: Ultimates 2 #9 delayed 12/07.

ourchair said:
I don't know if it works the same way for you, but for me my interest in Ultimates has slightly tapered off mostly because of how overdiscussed it is.

Granted, I'm on an Ultimate message board and it's kind of expected that the title with the most consistent level of quality will end up being the most discussed, but I suspect it'd be easier to accept the rate at which Millar chooses to throw those questions and answers if every step of development in each issue wasn't as heavily discussed as it is here.

Precisely my dear chair.

And I'm actually started to get more excited now. Extra pages, earlier than we thought? Thank you Marvel.

EDIT: Actually, Diamond Comics still has it down for the 7th of December. Buggeration.

Last edited:

IT BETTER COME OUT THIS WEEK!!!! (even though I got the ultimates annual over the weekend and it was awsome!!!) NEED MORE ULTIMATES!!!!!

50th post WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back