Urge to Kill rising.....The Buffy Remake.

Exactly. The need for a BUFFY is good business sense but the need for a reboot just seems forced. But it still might be good.

If they're rebooting the franchise for the Twilight crowd, like everyone seems to think, then the target audience is probably only vaguely aware of who Buffy is to begin with.

I sincerely doubt it. The target audience is girls from about 14-25, and I think they'd all know BUFFY. That show has endured. It's just supposition on both our parts without any concrete data, but I really think the type of girls who are into TWILIGHT love Buffy and Angel a great deal. But you're probably right in that the original would seem like a 'long time ago' to them (curse their youth!) and so a reboot would be okay with girls of that age. But I think any older, and it would create the resentment I pointed out earlier.

Again, The Nexus speaks words of pure wisdom.

Did those involved with this just think "Hey, if we got back the original cast for this, we would have a huge adoring fanatical fanbase who would see this no matter what we put out. Screw them, lets get a bunch of new people and screw up everything."

Plus we already have a continuation of the series running in comic form. The franchise is nowhere near dead.

I would love to see a real Buffy film centred on the end of magic. The Fray lore said "Centuries have passed since the last Slayer was called. Demons were banished from the Earth at some point in the 21st century by an unnamed Slayer and her friends". That is obviously Buffy, why can't we have this film? It would be awesome!

Exactly. The need for a BUFFY is good business sense but the need for a reboot just seems forced. But it still might be good.

I sincerely doubt it. The target audience is girls from about 14-25, and I think they'd all know BUFFY. That show has endured. It's just supposition on both our parts without any concrete data, but I really think the type of girls who are into TWILIGHT love Buffy and Angel a great deal. But you're probably right in that the original would seem like a 'long time ago' to them (curse their youth!) and so a reboot would be okay with girls of that age. But I think any older, and it would create the resentment I pointed out earlier.

Old people don't matter. :p

Not to the suits anyway.

Last edited:
I would love to see a real Buffy film centred on the end of magic. The Fray lore said "Centuries have passed since the last Slayer was called. Demons were banished from the Earth at some point in the 21st century by an unnamed Slayer and her friends". That is obviously Buffy, why can't we have this film? It would be awesome!

I agree. That would be awesome to see.

Who knows? If the reboot absolutely tanks, it might get everyone together to do a proper send-off to show how it 'should be done'.

I agree. That would be awesome to see.

Who knows? If the reboot absolutely tanks, it might get everyone together to do a proper send-off to show how it 'should be done'.

Or not. It would probably motivate the suits to not use the property again.

I'm not as upset about the fact that this is being made as I am about who is writing this.

She has never written anything before.

But apparently she's attractive so she's more than qualified.

Yeah. She'd get my money.

But in all seriousness, didn't Joss Whedon say he liked the pitch? There's nothing to say she can't write well. We don't know. The only people who do know are the guys who've read her script or treatment or wherever she is in the project at the moment. And given that it's a Hollywood production, it's hard to say how much of the final script will actually resemble hers at all.

I like when people freak out of the random chance this will be actually made.

Well, given the circumstances, the odds seem pretty solid.

IMDb message boards...You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Save for maybe YouTube, 4chan, and Reddit.

Seriously, the internet is an uncivilized place.

I actually spent a long time thinking about this at work today and I'll write up those thoughts when I wake up tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

imdb message boards...you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Save for maybe youtube, 4chan, and reddit.

Seriously, the internet is an uncivilized place.

**** YOU IT'S UNCIVILIZED YOU ****-SUCKING MONKEY-BOY! *throws feces* I HATE YOU! I WANT YOU TO DIE!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back