USM Spoilers from Wizard Summer Preview

Goodwill said:
Bendis has diverting his direct attention from this to New Avengers

Now I can't agree with that. I don't think I buy into the theory of one book taking away from another, ESPECIALLY a team book vs. a single-character book. There's just no way to measure something like that - it's an unfair accusation.

I love how they're making moonknight a regular character :D and same with Petes new gf. Also....the return of SHOCKER and RHINO :rockon:

UltimateE said:
Now I can't agree with that. I don't think I buy into the theory of one book taking away from another, ESPECIALLY a team book vs. a single-character book. There's just no way to measure something like that - it's an unfair accusation.

I would normally agree with you, too, but I would say that this situation ins an exception. I don't read the title, but from what I hear from all of you, Bendis is throwing in all of these monkey wrenches into New Avengers so that the hype lives up to the story... Ones mental capacity can't bear to think of all of these creative ways to kill off characters and create monumental and consequential events in more than issue in succession, so, USM has suffered because he's out of gas on this one. Not to call Bendis stupid, I'm not doing that by any means, I'm just saying his imagination has been juiced because of New Avengers.

Goodwill said:
I would normally agree with you, too, but I would say that this situation ins an exception. I don't read the title

I can't really argue a book with someone who hasn't read it...

Well, everyone's bubbling about how "shocking" it is... Why couldn't you? It's got nothing to do with who reads it, really.

Goodwill said:
Well, everyone's bubbling about how "shocking" it is... Why couldn't you? It's got nothing to do with who reads it, really.
If you haven't read the title, you can only go off what you've been told. Even if you've actually been sitting down reading summaries of the issue, that still won't give you the best grasp of how it flowed and the story as a whole.

Really looking forward to seeing Ultimate Rhino again, shame i collect in trades!!

I am reading Ultimates 2 in singles though, i just couldnt wait for the trade on that one!!

Elektra was kind of weak when she appeared in Spider-man so Im not looking forward to a return!! This isnt Ultimate Daredevil!

Goodwill said:

Of course it has nothing to do with "who" reads it, but if you're going to criticize the book you should at least be reading it! "Who" reads it doesn't mean anything and I never said it did.

I'm just saying, from what I know, Bendis has honed in more on this lately than Spider-Man. I'm not really critisizing the title, just what I've heard versus what I know about the declining quality in USM.

Goodwill said:
I'm just saying, from what I know

And I'm just saying you don't know anything about it since you haven't read it. Second-hand info is not the same as reading it.

Regardless, I didn't intend for this to turn into a debate about NA...

Wow, this all sounds so awesome.

I asked when Iron Fist and Shang-Chi would return and it looks like in Ultimate Spider-Man's Warriors arc. Excellent! I'm also pleased that Black Cat, Hammerhead and Elektra are returning, as well as, the arrival of Moon Knight.

Also, the annual should be good. Wow, I'm just so in love with the Ultimate Universe, this looks like it should be a great gangland type story.

Goodwill said:
My guess? Moon Knight is a person from SHIELD who will eventually strip Peter of his powers and the new girlfriend will, indeed, be the Black Cat.

I was thinking the same thing since he appears right after the next issue...would be very cool to see, but maybe it will be the whole personality thing right from the jump...someone in SHIELD wearing all white???...hmmmmn

Latest posts

Back