USM Spoilers from Wizard Summer Preview

thanks everyone for the regards...it was unfortunate the way things went down. However, i dont think this is the time or the thread to delve into what happened. ......maybe ill save that for a future thread or whenever i start to feel like i care again. But the Captain is back baby.... :wink:

The warriors arc should be interesting though, not just because kingpin is there (which is why im giving this a chance) but because id like to see how spidey reacts to all of this.... kingpin vs hammerhead, spidey will instantly go after kingpin, but how will he get between the both...its almost as if he would have to pick a side...while it looks like black cat is his girlfriend, the interview already mentions black cat by name, so there is hope that it could be someone else. I just cant think of too many people who weve already seen that could be his girlfriend. Maybe it is shadowcat, or one of the other x-women after all.

Being a person who was banned before and having come back and banned again, I would say you care, but either way... No arguments and certainly no ill will. ;) Good to have you back, Capt.! :)

Why would you not give the Warriors a chance if Kingpin wasn't there?

Goodwill said:
Being a person who was banned before and having come back and banned again

Not here you weren't...

I know this, just talking from experience.

Now, I have a question... Is Silver Sable tied to either Blade or Mysterio in 616? I think she may be showing up in either of their arcs.

Now, I have a question... Is Silver Sable tied to either Blade or Mysterio in 616? I think she may be showing up in either of their arcs.

Not that I know of. I can't think of anytime either of them met.

I'm more excited about seeing Morbius than Blade, really. I think it will be interesting to see how the whole vampire deal is handled. We know vampires exist in the UU, so that will likely be his origin, but I hope there is more to it.

Goodwill said:
Being a person who was banned before and having come back and banned again, I would say you care, but either way... No arguments and certainly no ill will. ;) Good to have you back, Capt.! :)

Why would you not give the Warriors a chance if Kingpin wasn't there?

Bendis showed me he could make kingpin work in spider-man, the humor, the way the system works, the realness...you just dont get that with the other bad guys the way you do with kingpin. Had it not been for the 2nd story arc, i probably would have never caught onto USM. Had i really cared about your "other" comment, i think i would have responded to it a lot earlier...sorry to disappoint...im just too busy as of late, dont worry though, next week i should have some free time before i get busy again. Have a great summer!

I think you're right with that. The second story arc was so strong a story that it's no question that Kingpin is one of the coolest villains in the title right now. The thing that got me with that is what Peter learned in that arc... Unplugging the security cameras and all, that was a cool touch and definitely showed how something could be done.

Goodwill said:
I think you're right with that. The second story arc was so strong a story that it's no question that Kingpin is one of the coolest villains in the title right now. The thing that got me with that is what Peter learned in that arc... Unplugging the security cameras and all, that was a cool touch and definitely showed how something could be done.

exactly!!!!!! you nailed my feelings perfectly on that. He hasnt really learned anything or used his brain since. He only learns lessons from the losses he takes but shows no real control over things...he didnt even have to battle the kingpin to death or have shield come in, he handled everything on his own as well. That arc has defined the series for me because i got to see the character grow, we saw the guy at his worst and at his best and thats why i stuck around.

Well, since we haven't seen too many arcs where Peter can't respond emotionally. We've got these villains attached to his past and present and he has really been able to use his brains over brawn because he just doesn't have to.

Latest posts

Back