Uxm #53 {spoilers}

Goodwill said:
Dazzler is just a character to fill a spot. I wouldn't mind if she left, but, at the same time, I would like to see more of her since there isn't much Dazzler around anywhere anymore and she makes the Ultimate X-Men more Ultimate than without her.

I don't know what I've done to annoy Goody

mutantfreak

The only thing that I didn't like about that arc was Rogue and Gambit's kiss at the end. He should have been knocked out and Rogue should have gotten his powers. What I am trying to say is that I like when Rogue's power is taken to the extreme, like the death-touch that could put a man in coma by just laying a finger on him.

as we all know by now, it is not usually the power that makes the character but their personality and the hurdles they have to get over. With Rogue her power is definatley her curse and it is an exaggeration of most adolecents main problem - How can I get close to someone is I am afraid that I will hurt them. Rogue should never be able to touch someone. Unless there is a storyline where she gets the ability to control her powers and then loses it again.

However, it does make me wonder what the writers think they are playing at, when the fantastic Four can have suits which work with their powers, that in the 616 universe Xavier was able to create a suit that helped team members of x-statix to live normal lives, (venus, Orphan, etc), but Rogue, who could benefit from some kind of transparent ultra thin suit which would give her a near as real touch as possible, (like a gossamer condom), but nuttin is done!!!

I know we are living in the world of fantasy in terms of comics but inorder for us to believe in this imaginary world, the writers have to be consistant.

mutantfreak

About Rogue's powers I think that there could be a psychological explanation for why she can't control it. Maybe she is afraid of commitment, afraid of getting close to someone and trust another person and that's why she keeps her powers turned on. Maybe her inconscient is doing that to her, because she has been abused all her life.

mutantfreak

Good point, we only know that she's been manipulated by people who wanted to use her powers. But a lot o **** could have happened to her in her childhood that we are no aware of. Just speculations.

Okay, (at the risk of causing another thread split, (I should change my handle to Madrox)), in the Ultimate universe I wonder how many characters have powers associated with events that happened to them, we are kinda thinking that Rogue was bullied remember!!!

UltimateE is gonna kill me.

Last edited:
I don't get annoyed with you at all, LS. You bring a lot of interesting things to the conversations that we have on this board and if you challenge my opinion, more power to you. That's what I do to UltimateE himself sometimes... I definitely think, a lot of the time, that he says stuff to get me or Ice going so it's cool. :)

Rogue needed to leave. She didn't gel very well, really. It's better for her character's sake and she'll be around later and we know this.

Goodwill said:
That's what I do to UltimateE himself sometimes... I definitely think, a lot of the time, that he says stuff to get me or Ice going so it's cool. :)

Who, ME??!!? ;)

longshotjimlee said:
Dazzler was married to Longshot in 616 and you wanted to get rid of her, hence why I thought you were annoyed with me!!!

Yeah, another marriage that was human being and AI. But that's a whole 'nother story.

But have you guys noticed that Iceman hasn't been...Iceman? When was the last time he joked around like he used to, or make jokes? I mean, under the circumstances it's understandable, but even at times like these, he still made jokes.

What did you guys think of the colors on Iceman? I thought they looked kind of dull. It's probably just me but I didnt like it as much as when Peterson or Finch were illustrating.

Latest posts

Back