UXM #61 Discussion (Spoilers)

I was thinking at work today about Wolverine's "Favor" to Fury. You'd have to be real stupid or overzealous and ignorant to think it's not when Logan killed that boy. Anyway, since I just told you I don't want any other options. Let's discuss how this is going to be expanded upon. I was thinking up scenerios in my head and I can see Xavier finding out and on top of possibly scolding or worse to Wolverine explains a very important point to Logan and or Fury orrrr maybe someone else about how dangerous mutants like that kid are prime examples of kids who need Xavier's help. Although the kid was a very delicate hazard to everyone, possibly he could one day have learned to control who he kills which is the reason Xavier opened up the school to begin with, correct? It's kind of a stretch but I'm most looking forward to Xavier's reaction to this.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I was thinking at work today about Wolverine's "Favor" to Fury. You'd have to be real stupid or overzealous and ignorant to think it's not when Logan killed that boy. Anyway, since I just told you I don't want any other options. Let's discuss how this is going to be expanded upon. I was thinking up scenerios in my head and I can see Xavier finding out and on top of possibly scolding or worse to Wolverine explains a very important point to Logan and or Fury orrrr maybe someone else about how dangerous mutants like that kid are prime examples of kids who need Xavier's help. Although the kid was a very delicate hazard to everyone, possibly he could one day have learned to control who he kills which is the reason Xavier opened up the school to begin with, correct? It's kind of a stretch but I'm most looking forward to Xavier's reaction to this.

I thought it was when Fury wanted to go on a date...

TheManWithoutFear said:
I definitely think Xavier is going to be pissed, big time when he finds out. He's definitely all for controlling uncontrollable powers and so on (eg. Scott). It wouldn't surprise me if Wolverine is on even worse terms with the X-men when this is over.

Caduceus said:
I definitely think Xavier is going to be pissed, big time when he finds out. He's definitely all for controlling uncontrollable powers and so on (eg. Scott). It wouldn't surprise me if Wolverine is on even worse terms with the X-men when this is over.
I'm sure Xavier will be mad but I really hope he doesn't get at Logan too much. That makes for a Wolverine centered story and I just don't need another one of those.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm sure Xavier will be mad but I really hope he doesn't get at Logan too much. That makes for a Wolverine centered story and I just don't need another one of those.
Doesnt have to be the main thing, though. Could be a continuing sub-plot, and still be pulled off the right way.

icemastertron said:
Doesnt have to be the main thing, though. Could be a continuing sub-plot, and still be pulled off the right way.
Although, I hate to say it. Wolverine needs to be the guy who takes more of a leadership role somewhere down the line. I mean he's the most experienced member on the team and they should just get his past tweaked finally and he could start taking some control and earning some respect.... *ahem* that is, in cyclops absence though.

TheManWithoutFear said:

This was my thinking, too. There has to be more to this than just the two pages we've seen so far. Logan, whose affiliation is with Xavier (If not, himself), does something for Fury because his powers are the most suitable. No other Ultimate could have done that, so Fury sends Wolverine, going against what Xavier has been trying to practice. If the school is going to continue under the governments influence, I would imagine either Fury or Xavier having to go.

From the thread from when the cover was released:

Caduceus said:
I'd say the "Crime" they talk about might get her sent to the Triskelion. Then, Mags taps her powers like he could in 616 (its just a use of his own powers) and breaks himself out.
:shock:

Exactly what happened, and seems thats going to happen! Damn you Cad! Damn you and your 3-month ahead psychicness!

Can I have the lottery numbers? :D

I'll put it in spoilers just in case, but its the preview from #62

Scarlet Witch is sent in to get longshot from some place I can't remember

Fury then says he's going to put longshot where they put everyone like him

Lastly, longshot says that magneto is his hero

So, in short, I think he is Magnetos skeleton key, not Lorna. It's kind of hard to limit his power without Scarlet Witch.

I'm not sure if magneto really screwed up lorna's powers. Maybe Forge rigged up something and he will be returning in this arc too!

Wow, some interesting thoughts... I especially thought the Longshot being the skeleton key was excellent! That would be another interesting twist to this already interesting as hell story.

Goodwill said:
Pretty impressive. Not like I haven't been write about something... ;)
Yes, you have been RIGHT about something before. You were the one who called it when you said we would have a Cykes vs Havok cover, and we do!

TheCell said:
I'll put it in spoilers just in case, but its the preview from #62

Scarlet Witch is sent in to get longshot from some place I can't remember

Fury then says he's going to put longshot where they put everyone like him

Lastly, longshot says that magneto is his hero

So, in short, I think he is Magnetos skeleton key, not Lorna. It's kind of hard to limit his power without Scarlet Witch.

I'm not sure if magneto really screwed up lorna's powers. Maybe Forge rigged up something and he will be returning in this arc too!
If the threads markes spoilers, dont worry about it. And if you talk about something from a preview, than again, no spoiler marks are needed.

icemastertron said:
If the threads markes spoilers, dont worry about it. And if you talk about something from a preview, than again, no spoiler marks are needed.

Heh...sorry about that then. Wasn't sure if I should, so I thought I better play it safe and do it anyway.

Either way, as soon as I found out Fury was putting Longshot with all the other supes, I figured that, whether Magneto planned it or not, Longshot was going to be involved in some way with his escape.

I think some people are sick of Magneto only because of his recent dealings in 616. House of M is a great idea, but Magneto has appeared and disappeared several times within the last few arcs. The idea gets washed up after a while.

I hope we see some new guys from Emmas school instead of just the recent ones. I think that she's having the mutants involved in stuff like fires and what not to try and get them on the publics good side. Saving a person's life is the quickest way to their good side (except suiciders :lol: ).

As for emma frost being unlike her 616 counterpart, maybe we'll get a flash back of her in a skimpy outfit making out with Xavier. Maybe she was his personal toy and after she realised it she rebroke his newly usable lower torso. :lol:

Well, naturally, Emma would want to take a more offensive way about defending the mutant race, if you can understand that. She's not acting as soldiers as she has said, as Xavier's X-Men are, and, by putting her mutants in the field to help with fires and the like, she'll succeed in a better image for mutants faster than Xavier.

TheCell said:
Saving a person's life is the quickest way to their good side (except suiciders :lol: ).

Ultimate Spiderman would disagree. Probably through a run-on sentence with one word repeated a few times, capped off with a yiddish exclamation.

i personally love the artwork on this title. its like the guy who did ult. war except clearer. absolutly love it! :D

elfreo said:
i personally love the artwork on this title. its like the guy who did ult. war except clearer. absolutly love it! :D

I do too. Stuart Immonen also did the second arc of UFF so go read that!

elfreo said:

That's a great way of describing it! I like his art, too, although I can see why people are so critical of it. They are comparing it to the more serious artists on the title like Kubert and Peterson, which can't be done.

Latest posts

Back