Vertigo First Taste

Now that the ongoing titles launched in 2005 are well onto their second or third TPB collections, do you think it's worth releasing another 'Firsts' collection, dedicated *primarily* to those releases?

And do you think it's too soon to include the ongoing titles introduced in 2006 (e.g. Deadman)?

Alternatively, what about a seperate 'Firsts' collection for titles that have (ostensibly) no supernatural/paranormal content -- Losers, Scalped, DMZ, maybe American Century, etc.? All those titles are either still being collected, or have an archive of previous TPBs available.

If I was deciding on "first taste" packs, I'd put the ones that have a sort of shared continuity swamp thing, hellblazer, sandman, lucifer, maybe books of magic or death. And then one for the self contained comics, Preacher and Transmet definitely, Y, 100 bullets, Fables are probably the most popular.

Also people would be more likely to buy if it was the first trades of each rather than just one comic, you could then have the "second taste" and so on, this would obviously be cheaper than buying the 5 trades individually, and people who think they'll like 4 of them would buy it and get hooked on the 5th.

If I was deciding on "first taste" packs, I'd put the ones that have a sort of shared continuity swamp thing, hellblazer, sandman, lucifer, maybe books of magic or death. And then one for the self contained comics, Preacher and Transmet definitely, Y, 100 bullets, Fables are probably the most popular.

Also people would be more likely to buy if it was the first trades of each rather than just one comic, you could then have the "second taste" and so on, this would obviously be cheaper than buying the 5 trades individually, and people who think they'll like 4 of them would buy it and get hooked on the 5th.

That would be an awful lot of comic in one volume. Me thinks a little too much to have a decent price point.

I don't think my idea would work at all for 616/DCU trades. But for the vertigo books, where they tend to read better in trades and you might not get so much out of single coimcs, especially if you just read 5 disconnected comics each with their own set of characters and setting it can get pretty hard to keep track, and not worth the effort if it's only gonna be 30 pages of story

I'm posting here because I don't want to go into the Y thread and spoil myself when I'm trying to avoid going in it at all costs.

I read Y volume 3 last night and just read 4 this morning. It gets better and better with each issue and can't wait to get the rest of the trades.

Latest posts

Back