Voltron returns!

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Many cartoons making comebacks now.

Voltron Returns To Television To Defend The Universe.

That Voltron movie you’ve been waiting to see forever? You’re going to have to wait a little bit longer, sadly. For now, it appears that plans for a feature film focusing on the robotic “Defender of the Universe” are out the window — but a television series is taking its place.

E

Excelsior Club
It needs a revamp though, the first version, upon rewatch was very dated.

That's an understatement. I had fond memories of Voltron (the lion version, not the spaceships or whatever that was) until I downloaded a few episodes and watched them...I couldn't even make it through one. I did the same for Thundercats and had the same problem.

Jaggyd

The member formerly known as skotti-chan
That's an understatement. I had fond memories of Voltron (the lion version, not the spaceships or whatever that was) until I downloaded a few episodes and watched them...I couldn't even make it through one. I did the same for Thundercats and had the same problem.

It needs a revamp though, the first version, upon rewatch was very dated.

Yet, that's when creators hit that two edged fan sword. Unless it's essentially a retelling with the same art style, the inevitable "Ur raepin mah childhood!" chorus begins.

Personally, I'm with you guys, I loved Go Lion when I was little (I soooo had a crush on Princess it wasn't funny), but it's not stood up to the test of time. If you guys remember Gatchaman (Eagle Riders, G-Force, etc in the US) there was a pretty cool retelling done in the mid-90's that looked nice, then there's a teaser video floating around on YouTube hinting at a new retelling.

[video=youtube;mUjolhYWdic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUjolhYWdic[/video]

Latest posts