Walking Charles Xavier

Would you prefer Charles to be able to walk or not?

• Total voters

vader

In Ultimate X-men #66 on page two Charles is practicing his telekinesis and states that "Im confident my telekinesis could provide me with the means to walk again."....

Now tell me would you prefer a walking Charles Xavier or would that be too much of a change from his 616 counterpart. The biggest Question that comes to mind then is how will Charles be portrayed with working legs, are we going to have a scene where he is playing tennis and cyclops comes up to him asking for help? Or is Charles going to join in the battles that the X-men fight?

vader said:
In Ultimate X-men #66 on page two Charles is practicing his telekinesis and states that "Im confident my telekinesis could provide me with the means to walk again."....

Now tell me would you prefer a walking Charles Xavier or would that be too much of a change from his 616 counterpart. The biggest Question that comes to mind then is how will Charles be portrayed with working legs, are we going to have a scene where he is playing tennis and cyclops comes up to him asking for help? Or is Charles going to join in the battles that the X-men fight?

Actually given how powerful he is it only makes sense that he could fix himself. Sort of like how Reed Richards can build all these extra-dimensional doodads but can't come up with a cure for the common cold. ;)

I would prefer he NOT join them on the front lines but instead fill a role similar to the one he did in New X-Men when he (briefly) regained mobility.

Charley walking always seemed a better option to me. The logic behind his crippling is just plain annoying and/or offensive depending on your views and situation.

I wouldn't mind Xavier walking. It would be a nice change.

roguefan said:
The whole essence of Xavier is that he's bald and in a wheel chair! He HAS to NOT be able to walk, otherwise I will never pick up the title again (maybe... sometimes...).
Oohh, so not what he's about.

Leave him in his rolling throne. He's not one to go into a fistfight anyways, so why even bother?

Don't worry, me and my freiend have this whole Xavier tribute thing going on. To be honest though, the fact that Xavier is in a wheelchair adds to the irony. He is crippled, et is the strongest X-Man,.

*shrugs* it happens...there's this kid in a wheelchair at my school who i swear is trying to end me...that ***** scares the **** outta me! *shudder*

its actually fitting, it shows that no matter what weaknesses you may have physically, you can still offer things that other people can't

Yet all the COOL kids get cybernetic arms/legs/whatever. Xavier is just a lazy Narcissius that likes when people wait on him.

Yet all the COOL kids get cybernetic arms/legs/whatever. Xavier is just a lazy Narcissius that likes when people wait on him.

...and the problem there is? :wink:
besides, i'd hardly call 'cable' cool...he's just a punk, who's partner rocks...any others you can think of? i'll rate 'um

Last edited:
Perhaps I didn't mean "cool" literally. Perhaps I just meant "smarter than average".

Korinthian said:
"Marvel Girl, Kitty, Storm! Its time for my spongebath!"

yeah...why didn't you say that then, so it was clear?

Because it really isn't the point, is it? If you can't read between the lines, you might as well stop reading all my posts.

Latest posts

Back