Wall*E discussion [spoilers]

Why on Earth do they need 3 discs when a Blu-Ray disc holds 50gb of info?

exactly, having three discs would only be required if they have more information than 2 copies of MGS4

I imagine it's a cash grab, Blu-Ray's sell for more than DVD's, so they slap the info on 3 sparsely used BLD's and sell it for 45$

exactly, having three discs would only be required if they have more information than 2 copies of MGS4

I imagine it's a cash grab, Blu-Ray's sell for more than DVD's, so they slap the info on 3 sparsely used BLD's and sell it for 45$

Probably. Ice did say Amazon has it for preorder for $25 though.

Still more than a DVD. But still a good price on a Blu-Ray disc.

Okay, then you must take into consideration an average sized (data wise) 2 hour movie takes up approximatley 4.7 gigs of space.

of course there will be extra's that will take up another couple gigs at most.

but to think that Wall-E would fill up 3 BLD discs with "Quality", would be to say it would take 140 more gigabytes of data than any other movie out there

for a film to take up 150 gigs it would have to have about 60 hours worth of data

yeah no amount of Quality is going to make that kindof difference

Okay, then you must take into consideration an average sized (data wise) 2 hour movie takes up approximatley 4.7 gigs of space.

of course there will be extra's that will take up another couple gigs at most.

but to think that Wall-E would fill up 3 BLD discs with "Quality", would be to say it would take 140 more gigabytes of data than any other movie out there

for a film to take up 150 gigs it would have to have about 60 hours worth of data

yeah no amount of Quality is going to make that kindof difference

Well the regular one is 2 discs from the look of it so maybe 3rd is just bonus

Probably. Ice did say Amazon has it for preorder for $25 though.

Still more than a DVD. But still a good price on a Blu-Ray disc.
Amazon's prices for Blu-Ray DVD's are around $25 or so. At least for the ones that I've looked into.

Does Ice have Blu-Ray, or did he order the standard DVD?
I've said I have a Blu-Ray player about little over a month ago. I will be pre-ordering the Blu-Ray version.

Last edited:
Amazon's prices for Blu-Ray DVD's are around $25 or so. At least for the ones that I've looked into.

I've said I have a Blu-Ray player about little over a month ago. I will be pre-ordering the Blu-Ray version.

Well your lucky you got such a steal of a price, because those who purchase this through regular outlets will be getting harshly ripped off

Yes, but that's on a DVD. Blu-Ray is larger...I don't know exactly what size they average in HD.

Still, there are plenty of Blu-Ray discs that fit a movie and plenty of special features on a single disc.

Yes, but that's on a DVD. Blu-Ray is larger...I don't know exactly what size they average in HD.

Still, there are plenty of Blu-Ray discs that fit a movie and plenty of special features on a single disc.

It's because humans are wasteful and we will soon become animated after getting launched into space.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w_1j-OMCZSg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w_1j-OMCZSg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I love the "I'll never do it again" pause.

I watched this last night. I loved it. EVE was awesome :lol:but it was one of the better disney and Pixar films IMO.

:shock:

I... I didn't realise Canada was so... backward.

Usually I would write a comment like this off as just another ignorant comment by an American, but your profile says you're from Britain... come on Bass you should know better! Don't sink to their level!

Latest posts

Back