Warren Ellis' "Ruins"

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Anybody ever read this. It's basically the exact opposite of "Marvels".

The tagline is...

"For every kiss, a bullet in the face.

For every action, a reaction.

For every event, there exists in potential,
a mirror event, an exactly opposite possibility.

If the world you know is one of Marvels,
where heroic women walk invisibly though horror,
and men of fire ride the upper reaches of the air...

then only a misstep or a stopped heartbeat away,
is a world of Ruins."​

It really is the backwards mirror image of Marvels. While Marvel is a very epic heroic story. With breathtaking art, Ruins is one of the most disturbing things out there. Accidents gone wrong. The artwork is very dark and there are a lot of very creepy images that will never leave you.

I wouldn't suggest this to kids, but any Marvels fan should check it out.

THE INCREDIBLE HULK

ruins.jpg

QUICKSILVER

Ruins2-35.jpg

This sounds like a long version of Planetary, but without the story.

I dunno.

I can really imagine myself hating this, but on the other hand, it could be very powerful. I think I'll do my best and try to give it an open-minded shot.

Nasty.

I just bought them on eBay.

I wouldn't bother. It's kinda crap. It's just a Marvel-Planetary but without the insight or characters that make Planetary exciting. It's kinda immature in how it just goes repeatedly how their super powers **** them up rather than benefit them is all.

I wouldn't bother. It's kinda crap. It's just a Marvel-Planetary but without the insight or characters that make Planetary exciting. It's kinda immature in how it just goes repeatedly how their super powers **** them up rather than benefit them is all.

But just look at the loving detail lavished upon The Incredible Throbbing Tumor Mass! How can you not love that?

I am STILL trying to find this.

Ebay. You can probably find it for around $10. I did.

Eh, that's a little harsh. It's not Marvels. If you liked Marvel Zombies...this is in the same vein.

Latest posts

Back