Warren Ellis: Ultimate Extinction is on time

Guijllons said:
Issue 24 is nearly written.. apparently.
That's a moot point -- Ellis supposedly had the plot of #24 resolved even before the series began. It's been "nearly written" for YEARS.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the resolution of Extinction was hurried by cannibalizing the "Galactus" story from Planetary #s 20-21. I don't think Ellis is above repeating his *themes*, at the very least, especially if you compare, say, Planetary #18(?) -- the "Gun Club" story -- with Orbiter, for example.

Last edited:
2376. The frozen head of Warren Ellis is tapped for the last time before its decintigration and it revelas Ultimate Extinction #5. The people rejoyce.

compound said:
That's a moot point -- Ellis supposedly had the plot of #24 resolved even before the series began. It's been "nearly written" for YEARS.
Well this is today's news that's it's nearly done, "By Saturday night, PLANETARY 26 should be done.", I guess we'll have to see..

Oh and Ellis has repeated all sorts of tricks and urns in the past and he'd certainly be very comfortable with repeating an idea for the ignorant superhero comic reading fanboys.

icemastertron said:
BMB is always 10 issues ahead of Mark Bagley.

But remember -- it's quality, not quantity.

So if Planetary's final stories were written years back... and will finish in 2006, then Extinction should be done by 2009! That's earlier than I hoped!

*Joe Quesada calls Kevin Smith on the phone*

SMITH: "Hello?"

QUESADA: "Hey Kevin, it's me, Joe. You take so long to write, Planetary is catching up to you. You're fired."

SMITH: "You can't fire me. How can you fire someone who doesn't work for you?"

QUESADA: "You do work for me."

SMITH: "I masturbate to pictures of Harley Quinn every night. That's not working."

QUESADA: "You've got a point. How would you like to write a story featuring Hawk-Owl and Woody?"

SMITH: "Sure, that'd be great. Here's my idea, we should explore the homoerotic relationship between Hawk-Owl and Tolliver and then---"

QUESADA: "You're fired. Bye." *click*

icemastertron said:
BMB is always 10 issues ahead of Mark Bagley.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Bendis said that he was about 10 issues ahead of Bags, and Bags was 10 issues ahead of the release schedule. I don't think that's the case currently though.

ourchair said:
*Joe Quesada calls Kevin Smith on the phone*

Hilarious :lol:

It really says something about how Marvel runs things that a writer has to announce he's on schedule and people rejoice about it. You know, some people would think that being on schedule is a normal thing and there's only need for announcements if they're late.

Last edited:
? I still get all of my titles once a month. Why are people *****ing about this stuff. There's no problems with the small little delays. If they weren't we'd probably be livid about the editorial problems that we'd get tossed.

So you guys want all of these events 1-2-3 out just like that? That'd be taking away the uniqueness about them. We'd be getting major events everyweek and that would just make the universe the comics are set in more confusing than ever.

Yeah, I don't care either way, I'm just seeing an unfortunate trend with Marvel these days... With their Ultimate titles no less... I mean, they're the only titles I read!

vintsukka said:
It really says something about how Marvel runs things that a writer has to announce he's on schedule and people rejoice about it. You know, some people would think that being on schedule is a normal thing and there's only need for announcements if they're late.

Finally! I was wondering how long it would take someone to post this!

E.Vi.L. said:
You mean artists.

A writer falling behind is pretty darn uncommon.

HITCH : Come on Millar, give me the script already, I've been done with the last issues for ages!

MILLAR : Wait, wait, I want to get the last coma right before I move on the the next panel worth of dialogue.
Jack Kirby drew, like, 6 books a month.

[UNNECESSARY DIRTY JOKE]The last time someone worked their hand that hard was when Ourchair owed Compound a favor.[/UNNECESSARY DIRTY JOKE]
vintsukka said:

Its like when a retard goes to the bathroom by themself.

"DUR! I DID IT!"

moonmaster said:
Jack Kirby drew, like, 6 books a month.

Jack Kirby drew six books AT A TIME, using both hands, feet, his tongue and, um, something else:roll:. Shows how talented the man truly was.

Latest posts

Back