Warren Ellis: Ultimate Extinction is on time

E

Excelsior Club
From Warren Ellis's email newsletter Bad Signal:

ULT EXTINCTION is on time -- Brandon's actually working slightly faster than anticipated, and I ended up producing two scripts in a single week to buy some breathing space.

nigma said:
yeah, thats refreshing to know :roll:

Actually I winced a little at that too, considering the major letdowns that were Ultimate Secret #3 & 4.

This is definitely a cruel joke. I don't believe a comic book writer has ever been a head of schedule.

This news doesn't exactly inspire hope in the hearts and minds of readers. Plus I'm still trying to figure out why they say Gah Lak Tus instead of Galactus?

Meh---I just haven't been impressed with Marvel's big Ultimate Universe Crossover events. Between Gah Lak Tus and Vision---they're leaving a lot to be desired. So I'm even losing faith in the upcoming Wolverine/Hulk arc.

Victor Von Doom said:
Plus I'm still trying to figure out why they say Gah Lak Tus instead of Galactus?
That was bugging me for a while. Then it came to me, his name is Gah Lak Tus, and not Galactus.

Staring me in the ****ing face it was.. some things just pass you by.

MaxwellSmart said:
This is definitely a cruel joke. I don't believe a comic book writer has ever been a head of schedule.

You mean artists.

A writer falling behind is pretty darn uncommon.

HITCH : Come on Millar, give me the script already, I've been done with the last issues for ages!

MILLAR : Wait, wait, I want to get the last coma right before I move on the the next panel worth of dialogue.

Here is my idea for marvel's delay standards. The only acceptable reason for an artist to delay an issue is if they have a broken hand and I mean they will have a broken hand if their comic is delayed. I know this is a bit extreme, but I'm pretty sure this will motivate them.

Last edited:
MaxwellSmart said:
Here is my idea for marvel's delay standards. The only acceptable reason for an artist to delay an issue is if they have a broken hand and I mean they will have a broken if their comic is delayed. I know this is a bit extreme, but I'm pretty sure this will motivate them.
Yeah, who cares if a family member dies or something. Screw that!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back