Warriors Story Arc

René

Starring in "The Longest Yard", opening Memorial D
Does anybody else feel that "Warriors" was a bit to dark for a Spider-Man story arc. Don't get me wrong. I loved the arc, but I think it would have gone better with Daredevil. I mean the whole gang thing fits better with Daredevil, not Spider-Man. Spider-Man should be fighting the Green Goblin and Doctor Ocotpus. That's just me, anybody else?

Re: Warrios Story Arc

I haven't read the arc, but with no Ultimate Daredevil, I don't no where else the storyline would fit.

Last edited:
I think Darkness is good, it makes the lighter bits less cliche and meaningless...

Especially for a 16 yr old boy running around new york city being essentially a vigilante...

He's in over his head, this story just proves that.

It was a little dark, but coming off of a murder, a break up, and the destruction of your best friend, how would you feel? Sure, after Gwen's death it would appear that Bendis didn't really care about Peter's feelings, but now he does. I think that's why he slinked into Spider-Man's world to forget about his... I don't know if I'm making sense, but what I'm trying to say is I think it was appropriate.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I think Darkness is good, it makes the lighter bits less cliche and meaningless...

Especially for a 16 yr old boy running around new york city being essentially a vigilante...

He's in over his head, this story just proves that.

Good points.

Anyway, I liked this arc. It was a huge improvement over the Carnage, Superstars, and Hobgoblin arcs, even if it still wasn't one of the title's better arcs (least in my opinion). Hopefully this is an indication that the overall quality of the writing on the title is on the rise and the arc leading up to #100 will be truly memorable. I'm hoping for that anyway.

Perhaps Bendis should develop characters rather than introduce them. That's what I found to be his strength in the earlier issues. Honestly, do we know new villains (Silver Sable, Carnage, etc.) like we do Doc Ock and Green Goblin? I know that these are bad examples, but I really hope you get what I'm trying to say... Bendis spent more time with certain characters than others. He should develop.

DIrishB said:
Good points.

Anyway, I liked this arc. It was a huge improvement over the Carnage, Superstars, and Hobgoblin arcs, even if it still wasn't one of the title's better arcs (least in my opinion)

I did like the story arc as well, Way better than the last 4 story arcs. but I get the feeling that since Bendis is getting off of Daredevil, this is a story he wanted to write for Daredevil but end up using it for USM. The whole gang war thing something more suited for Daredevil than any other super hero. I just hope that Bendis goes back to the lighted hearted Spider-Man soon.

it was one of my favourite arcs so far, it showed that after all the bad stuff in his life, he's still only human & that he's reacting to it in his own way. even though he doesn't realise it, it looks like he's heading for a breakdown in the not to distant future. something that has been done before (just not done very well in the 616 'verse imo)

Goodwill said:
Perhaps Bendis should develop characters rather than introduce them. That's what I found to be his strength in the earlier issues. Honestly, do we know new villains (Silver Sable, Carnage, etc.) like we do Doc Ock and Green Goblin? I know that these are bad examples, but I really hope you get what I'm trying to say... Bendis spent more time with certain characters than others. He should develop.

I completely agree...

Hopefully after 100 he spends a year just developing the characters he's got...

How about an arc where he's just literally being ripped between his responsibilities, and then Aunt May finds out, and the whole ordeal brings them together again as a family?

Or how about more issues like #13 where it is ONLY character development?? Not like a whole arc of that, but a few character deepening issues?

Dr.Strangefate said:
I completely agree...

How about an arc where he's just literally being ripped between his responsibilities, and then Aunt May finds out, and the whole ordeal brings them together again as a family?

Or how about more issues like #13 where it is ONLY character development?? Not like a whole arc of that, but a few character deepening issues?

Well, we had the Aunt May therapy issue and then MJ issue after the Hobgoblin arc. Bendis can only get away with so many of those, cos generally a few readers start *****ing about how "boring" they are. Personally, I love them, but I also think the fact they don't happen every month which makes them special.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I completely agree...

Good call. Even in the issues I feel that Bagley isn't telling a story through his art as much as he could. This is not his fault. Stories can't be told through images without an amount of emotion or feeling from certain characters. With all of the poorly executed flashbacks and fighting going on I don't see where Bagley can show off.

Speaking of showing off, what was it Bendis usually got praised for back in the day? Eh, character, was it? Dialogue? Hmm... This seems to have perished from the pages of this title and, if only he spent some time with the characters individually, we'd get a better quality. Like, I don't remember the last time we had any real interaction between May and Peter... REAL interaction. I definitely agree with you, Strangefate, that there should be more May in this title. I may not agree with you that she should find out about Peter being Spider-Man, but I would like to see her have more of a role. Peter is not the only victim of late... May has to have an opinion about Gwen dying, Harry turning into a beast, and MJ and Peter splitting. Not to mention, she needs to consider where she stands after that therapy session. There are a whole mess of things Bendis can do with these characters, but he turns them into Hob-Goblins or decides to kill them... Hold on, better yet, he gives them away to be a lackey of the Kingpin's... Great, Bendis...

Dr.Strangefate said:
I completely agree...

That would not be a smart thing to do to have an entire story arc working out like a teenage drama. USM is, and will always be overall a superhero book, that happens to have a dash of teenage drama in it, not the other way around. That's why I only want stuff like this in only self-contained single issues or being sprinkled around within a story arc, since while they are nice, it would also end up boring the majority of Spider-Man fans.

Meh......while not his strongest arc.....it sure as hell beats the Hobgoblin arc. :roll: I'm hoping things step up a notch in the future. I enjoyed the single annual issue more than Warriors.

The Silver Sable arc now is ok...I really cannot wait to see how Kitty will fit into the whole thing. I don't know why but I was just so pleased to finally see Peter a little happy for once in a while. I mean DAMN-----how depressing can one kid's life be?!?!?!?!

Well, I think the problem is that Bendis is spending too much time with the less powerful opponents now... Elektra, Hammerhead, and now Silver Sable? Let's get back into the Venom, Doc Ock, and Green Goblin goodness that the series thrived on before.

This arc introduced me to USM.I loved the fact that it was dark and gritty, full of street thugs and kung fu.Very badass.I'm not a huge fan of USM but did enjoy this arc as well as the Venom arc.

Latest posts

Back