Watchmen by Alan Moore (NO spoilers)

The third day, and I'm still making my way through the long journey that is Watchmen. I'm halfway through Chapter 10, and am still trying to catch the various hints that I know Moore has thrown amongst the panels.

I'll wait until I've finished the whole thing to judge it properly, but so far, V beats this by far.

I've finished it all. I felt like it was a bit drawn out, and some bits went far too long. Perhaps, on multiple readings, they'll become clear and I'll see why they were in the story, or intended to be of that length. I think I caught most of the hints to the various plots but I think this might of ruined the story. I spent most of the time looking for clues instead of enjoying the story.

Overall, I think V For Vendetta is the better masterpiece, and England Prevails.

hurm..... <eats sugar cube>..conch conch.... good book, my favorite. not too big or unwieldy... should be read at least twice to take it all in. read all writings between chapters... adds depth and background...

Last edited:
Rorschach said:
hurm..... <eats sugar cube>..conch conch.... good book, my favorite. not too big or unwieldy... should be read at least twice to take it all in. read all writings between chapters... adds depth and background...

:lol: You're so retarded, I love ya. :D

*looks at Rorschach's sig* "Your hands, my perspective."

You're going to kill me, aren't you?

Last edited:
"Nothing is hopeless. Not while there's life."

Figure out who said that in Watchmen and you have one of my alltime favorite comic book characters...

Watchmen is fantastic.

I think it beats out V because of the plot structure... no panel was wasted in Watchmen, everything builds up towards a single ending, and once you can see it all come together, it blows the mind.

V is intricate, but not nearly as much as Watchmen.

V is easier to comprehend, Watchmen is going to take multiple readings before I understand it all.

But I like them both and am glad they have both been recommended.

ProjectX2 said:
V is easier to comprehend, Watchmen is going to take multiple readings before I understand it all.

But I like them both and am glad they have both been recommended.

Really? I've found it the other way around.

thee great one said:
I've read 2 issues.

Wait until you read it all.

These consecutive posts are going to kill people.

thee great one said:
Really? I've found it the other way around.
I agree, although I'm not sure which one I liked better, Watchmen was easier to read for me rather than V. Most of both of them were straight forward (although a lot more probably becomes apparent on multiple readings) but parts of V were harder to understand than what was in Watchmen.

The only thing I found hard to comprehend in V For Vendetta was which character was which.

Watchmen was much more complex, probably because I was trying to catch every hint etc. on my first read.

Dr.Strangefate said:
"Nothing is hopeless. Not while there's life."

Figure out who said that in Watchmen and you have one of my alltime favorite comic book characters...

Watchmen is fantastic.

I think it beats out V because of the plot structure... no panel was wasted in Watchmen, everything builds up towards a single ending, and once you can see it all come together, it blows the mind.

V is intricate, but not nearly as much as Watchmen.
Rorschach's journal. October 6th 1985 -"... American love, like coke in green glass bottles... they don't make it anymore..." "nothing is hopeless. not while theres life..."

I like the idea of the doomsday clock and all the temporal imagery in the series, the clockwork structure of it, and the fact that it's called Watchmen. I just love that.

Latest posts

Back