What are the differences between the 616 FF4 and Ultimate FF4 characters?

MarvelWarrior

I'm new to the Ultimate Universe, I used to follow the regular 616 MU and was wondering if you guys could tell me the differences between the 616 FF 4 characters and the Ultimate universe versions. Thanks.

MarvelWarrior said:
I'm new to the Ultimate Universe, I used to follow the regular 616 MU and was wondering if you guys could tell me the differences between the 616 FF 4 characters and the Ultimate universe versions. Thanks.
Ultimate Fantastic Four differentiates itself primarily by its origin. The Four are in their twenties, with Reed and Sue being part of a government sponsored think-tank that tests and researches technology for military applications, along with one Victor Van Damme. When applying the first test of an experimental transporter, their genetic structures get scrambled, granting them fantastic powers, Van Damme included.

In their brief publishing history so far, they've faced Ultimate versions of Mole Man, Doom and Annihilus. They have not yet gone public, nor have they begun to adopt their famous code names yet and remain within the think tank as Reed and Sue try to figure out a way to undo their transformations.

The biggest character difference is in the Storms. Instead of being orphans, Sue and Johnny are watched over by their father, Dr. Storm, who is also the director of the military think tank. Susan also differs from her 616 counterpart, as he she is a scientific equal with Reed. She specializes in biology while Reed specializes in physics and other more abstract fields.

OOOH, oooh, me again!

The biggest one is the ages. The Ultimate FF are in their mid to late teens. The only other significant one is Sue is as intelligent as Reed. They were both children in a government think-tank. So far...thats about it.

Caduceus said:
OOOH, oooh, me again!

The biggest one is the ages. The Ultimate FF are in their mid to late teens. The only other significant one is Sue is as intelligent as Reed. They were both children in a government think-tank. So far...thats about it.
I feel like we're doing one of those five-sentence essay pop quizzes.

Thanks guys, I'm liking the idea of Sue being really intelligent and the idea of them being younger. Any word on what other classic FF 4 villains will be showing up in the future? Sorry for all the questions, I just discovered the Ultimate universe comics and some of the ideas I really like(with the exception of the Ultimate X-men and Hulk).

MarvelWarrior said:
Thanks guys, I'm liking the idea of Sue being really intelligent and the idea of them being younger. Any word on what other classic FF 4 villains will be showing up in the future? Sorry for all the questions, I just discovered the Ultimate universe comics and some of the ideas I really like(with the exception of the Ultimate X-men and Hulk).

You've come to the right place. :wink:

Namor is confirmed, Mad Thinker is all but confirmed, and Alicia Masters will be appearing, which could mean the appearance of Puppet Master.

We know that Namor, Alicia Masters, and two villains are coming around as early as next issue... Keep your eyes peeled.

ourchair said:
I feel like we're doing one of those five-sentence essay pop quizzes.
Bah, short and sweet. It's not like you can say I left out anything major, except I probably should have mentioned Doom's young as well.

I havent picked up the doom trade yet. whats the difference between 616 doom and UFF doom?

slimjim said:
I havent picked up the doom trade yet. whats the difference between 616 doom and UFF doom?
UFF Doom's metal is actually his skin, not armor. He has 'powers', that are part of him, and not a weapon he created. And he doesn't rule Latveria, but just a 'free space' (I forgot the word used) from a country in Denmark. UFF Doom has many residents all over Europe, and he's related to Count Dracula though many generations.

icemastertron said:
UFF Doom's metal is actually his skin, not armor. He has 'powers', that are part of him, and not a weapon he created. And he doesn't rule Latveria, but just a 'free space' (I forgot the word used) from a country in Denmark. UFF Doom has many residents all over Europe, and he's related to Count Dracula though many generations.

Hehe, it's called "The free zone". This place is in Denmark really, and it's called Christania. It's a place where you can live tax free and a place where alot of hippies live. At this moment it's being discussed what the future of christania is going to be. It might be removed very soon! No home for our old Dr. :/

slimjim said:
Omg just saw a pic He does. WHY?????

Doom was also part of the accident that made the Four. He was the fifth memeber. Im assuming that the horse legs is just a random part of his mutation.

Besides the horse legs :roll: I think the ultimization was done well. Does he have lightning powers like the movie?

Latest posts

Back