What characters have you never liked?

Anya said:
Tony Stark.

Really!?

Damn, Stark's probably my all-time favorite Avenger (Thor beats him the Ultimates).

That was the reason I hated UIM so much.

I told you I was going to get stoned.

I don't know why... but I could NEVER ever like 616/Ulti!Stark. I mean, I even tried the "stare-at-Tony-Stark's-face-for-20-minutes" gag. I just have zero-interest whatsoever to what happens to him... "Oh, Iron Man... *flip flip flip*" Hence why I missed most of the Black Widow's antics until I went back to re-read...

Last edited:
Of all the comics icon, Superman annoys me the most. Than all the "-girl" version of male heroes. Super-Girl, Batgirl, Spider-Girl... Get your own schtick already!

I dislike these mostly out of principle. I don't read these, obviously, so they rarely creep in my field of vision.

Character in my regular comics that I dislike :

Jean Grey.

As a concept, I find her power a bit too strong for a team book. And a bit disjointed. Telepathy and telekinesis are really two distinct power that are only thinly linked through traditional "Psionic" Sci-fi. Most of the other X-Men have a tighter concept behind what they can do. (Mind you, same can be said about Xavier but at least his telekinesis is strongly downplayed).

Also, she keeps peeking in people's mind, flaunt that knowledge and then always say "You were screaming it, I couldn't help but notice" if she is confronted about it. Yeah, blame the victim. And her team mates are always portrayed has taking this intrusion more mildly than they should. Scott should be used to it, but I don't see why Kitty shrugs it off so fast, for example. If a boy opened her secret diary, she'd be extremely pissed. So writer are often forced to write some character a bit off so that they don't blow up at Jean's face when they write her "in character".

I just know that if I were hit by a super-science ray and transported in the X-Mansion, I'd be pissed at Jean Grey constantly.

Almost every member of X Force ever, except for Cable sometimes and MAYBE Cannonball.

Strong Guy.

Jubilee, 'nuff said.

Maggot. Stupid character.

Alpha Flight except for Puck because Puck is frickin hilarious! (c'mon Canadian midget? Awesome, you know it is)

Scrier, Judas Traveller (or is it Jonas? or does it matter?), Spidercide, the Jackal (after he came back), Seward Trainer, and every other character besides Ben Reilly introduced in the Clone Saga (maybe I'll give Kaine a pass too, only because he was SOMEWHAT interesting...somewhat...)

616 Hammerhead. I actually like Ultimate.

The Owl.

Spider-Woman (take your pick).

Last edited:
Cable
Gambit
Apocalypse
Mr Sinister
Doctor Octopus
Green Goblin (but not Norman Osborn)
Jubilee
Wasp
Mystique
Mr Fantastic (up until I read Waid's run, now I like him again)
Ms Marvel
Rogue
Emma Frost
Hulk
Captain Bloody Britain
Bucky
Havok
Banshee (Thanks Bru)
Moira McTaggert
Blob
Toad
The Mandarin
Sentinels
Shi'ar (mostly just Gladiator)
Mojo
Longshot
Arcade
Owl
Klaw
Mole Man
Hercules
Atlas
Songbird
Rick Friggin' Jones
She-Hulk
Justice
Cannonballs (thanks Wade)

I could probably think of more, but I think I've used up my hate-quota for today.

marvelman said:
The Captain! His name is The Captain!

does not suck.

It's from the front of the comic! "He's a bit sucky."

Anya said:
I don't know why... but I could NEVER ever like 616/Ulti!Stark. I mean, I even tried the "stare-at-Tony-Stark's-face-for-20-minutes" gag. I just have zero-interest whatsoever to what happens to him... "Oh, Iron Man... *flip flip flip*" Hence why I missed most of the Black Widow's antics until I went back to re-read...

I never liked the character either until I realized how much fun he is to dislike - I prefer my 616 Tony Stark written as an arrogant, very smart, control freak and then I like not liking him. I'm even reading his series now...

I like the version of Tony in Ultimates, though I dropped UIM about 3-4 issues in and am ignoring it entirely.

Ultimate Black Cat. Too heterosexual.

Just kidding. No, in all seriousness, Felicity Hardy. Felicia's daughter in MC-2. S'like, we know what happened to your mum when she tried to dress up and fight crime alongside a real superhuman with nothing but some tech toys... but you'll try it anyways? Duuuuumb ***!

I can't think of any. Cause of some old characters I can't stand I've seen written wonderfully and become cool. But you can hate origins of characters and reasons behind their being.

Take Wonder Woman for example. She was made from clay. That is stupid. But she can be written original and brillant.

Hush is another thing. He was a lame villain and why he hated Batman was weak. But after Hush returns he is one of my favorites. Evil, twisted, and violent.

There a no bad characters but bad stories.

Last edited:
Cable.

Deadpool.

Both are stupid. I can't imagine how bad a series starring both of them together must be. I don't intend to find out.

Ugh the more this goes on, the more characters I realize that I don't like! Will it ever end!?

The answer, of course, is no.

Havok was recently mentioned and I'm going to add Polaris to him. 616 at least. The ultimate versions still have a chance to be very good (I really like Magnetic North). In 616 they seem like two characters who had a lot of potential, but never quite reached that potential. I throw Mr. Sinister in that pile too, he could have been much greater than he's been done.

E said:
Cable.

Deadpool.

Both are stupid. I can't imagine how bad a series starring both of them together must be. I don't intend to find out.

It's pretty uninteresting.

It's actually pretty good. Only really liked what I had seen through was because of Deadpool. I was reading #20 the other day while waiting for my comics and thinking, "I wish Deadpool had his own series."

Ice said:
It's actually pretty good. Only really liked what I had seen through was because of Deadpool. I was reading #20 the other day while waiting for my comics and thinking, "I wish Deadpool had his own series."

Yes, I'm sure Deadpool could be way better without the anti-continuity agenda Cable has had in the past.

Latest posts

Back