What do you think of the Hood, insteresting villain or boring villain?

The Overlord

Myself I think he is pretty boring, at least Bendis' pen he comes across as a generic thug and not very bright. He seemed more intelligent and likable under BKV and Brubaker.

Interesting but wasted. I like the idea of him becoming the supervillain kingpin but Bendis isn't doing anywith with it. Him showing up in Daredevil under Brubaker's pen was the most interesting thing that's been done with him since he was brought back. Brubaker should definitely be handling the character, not Bendis.

Interesting character who was Square-peg/Round-holed into the wrong role in the Marvel Universe.

He could have been the other side of the coin for Peter Parker, his mirror image, not the "Dark Spider-Man" that Venom (which he really isn't) is, but the "Dark Peter Parker". Similar people under similar circumstance's who take different roads one that leads to heroism and the other to villainy.

Instead he was taken as a blank slate character for Bendis to force into a role that never really suited him, you want a "Super-Kingpin" bring back the Hobgoblin that was always his M.O. it was even followed up on in MC2.

I think he's still useful, and he will maintain his presence in the MU, but I honestly maintain that people entirely missed the point of the character

Interesting but wasted. I like the idea of him becoming the supervillain kingpin but Bendis isn't doing anywith with it. Him showing up in Daredevil under Brubaker's pen was the most interesting thing that's been done with him since he was brought back. Brubaker should definitely be handling the character, not Bendis.
Agreed. The Hood is a great character, but he's better off with someone else like Brubaker and not Bendis. Bendis just uses characters for the sake of using them which leads to the point of them being wasted with him.

The problem is Hood is hardly doing anything with this group, if the group sucks its a poor reflection on the Hood.

If he is supposed to be the new Kingpin, why doesn't he act like it? Why doesn't he use this group to revolutionize the underworld? Why doesn't he have the mad scientists in the group make new designer drugs and then flood the streets with them? Why doesn't he have the brutes of the group go around in civies and extort every business around? What has he done to this group of villains into a well organized mafia group?

The problem is Hood is hardly doing anything with this group, if the group sucks its a poor reflection on the Hood.

If he is supposed to be the new Kingpin, why doesn't he act like it? Why doesn't he use this group to revolutionize the underworld? Why doesn't he have the mad scientists in the group make new designer drugs and then flood the streets with them? Why doesn't he have the brutes of the group go around in civies and extort every business around? What has he done to this group of villains into a well organized mafia group?
The answer to all your question is the same: Bendis.

And it's not a joke. It's like I said, Bendis likes to use character for the sake of using them a lot of the time, which then in turns makes character seem like, "What's the point of them?" or whatever.

Latest posts

Back