What happens to MJ??

Issued

Well , we all saw the redhead monstrosity , and hated it (some of us didn't i wont make any comments on them).But with the preview of USM #105 on marvel.com , looks like MJ is MJ again , and conquering Spidey's heart again.

Feels like Bendis is trying to undo the damage he has done to our favorite teenager hero.Question's how is he gonna manage that. Any ideas??

Well , we all saw the redhead monstrosity , and hated it (some of us didn't i wont make any comments on them).But with the preview of USM #105 on marvel.com , looks like MJ is MJ again , and conquering Spidey's heart again.

Feels like Bendis is trying to undo the damage he has done to our favorite teenager hero.Question's how is he gonna manage that. Any ideas??

He's going to kill the real MJ and replace her with a clone to be revealed at issue 150.

Well, at the end of Hobgoblin, Fury tells his people to crack the OZ formula, so my feeling is he will be able to cure her. Hopefully she'll retain something though, to defend herself.

And then later he can meet Stan Lee!

I suppose not. Maybe she can just disappear thru some vortex and Peter can go after her only to find himself transported to a world run by talking animals.

Of course. Could you do it another way?

Ugh......will she be made of water and her origins come from an underwater lab? :sick:

:lol: :lol:

damn you guys brought back memorys

MJ's going to become a herald of Galactus, and in doing so, gains control over the ability to turn into Man-Wolf.

MJ's going to become a herald of Galactus, and in doing so, gains control over the ability to turn into Man-Wolf.

BWAHAHA!!!! Sounds something like the current arc to She Hulk.

It is revealed that John Jameson isn't actually Man-Wolf......the wolf is actually a Star God.

I honestly just hope she winds up dead, or insane, something major that will keep the "put Peter and MJ back together!!" stuff at bay.

I honestly just hope she winds up dead, or insane, something major that will keep the "put Peter and MJ back together!!" stuff at bay.

Peter and Mary Jane's relationship/friendship has been the heart of this book for it's entire run. Cutting that out would be removing the soul from the book.
Besides, killing/crazifying a love interest/potential love interest to remove her has been done and hated by the fans already. ( Think Gwen )

Last edited:
Peter and MJ's relationship hasn't been the heart of the book, at least not for me. And I think the difference between killing Gwen and killing MJ is that Gwen was just a really interesting, fresh character. She was someone you hadn't seen with Spider-man, at least I hadn't seen it. She was a fresh story waiting to be told, a fresh story that I think a lot of people wanted to see....and she was scrapped in favor of a recycled story that's been told for decades in the 616, which is something I believe the ultimate universe needs to avoid. Which, to me, is one of the reasons I like the Kitty relationship so much, and why I'd prefer the outcome to this MJ thing to be something that prevents a reunion any time soon. Because I want a new story to be told.

No, but Kitty's quitting the X-men, so she'll come to Peter, and then what, they'll take out super-villians? Between what's going on in UXM and with Peter, I think Kitty isn't going to want to date a super-hero. Especially when his female clone has the hotts for her.8)

:shock: Oh God. They're going to make Jessica Drew a lesbian!?!?!

Last edited:
I wonder if they're gonna cure her at all....I mean look at harry ..for all we know they could leave as a plot point for a later date till she trasnforms back...i hope they dont but they probably will.

Peter and MJ's relationship hasn't been the heart of the book, at least not for me. And I think the difference between killing Gwen and killing MJ is that Gwen was just a really interesting, fresh character. She was someone you hadn't seen with Spider-man, at least I hadn't seen it. She was a fresh story waiting to be told, a fresh story that I think a lot of people wanted to see....and she was scrapped in favor of a recycled story that's been told for decades in the 616, which is something I believe the ultimate universe needs to avoid. Which, to me, is one of the reasons I like the Kitty relationship so much, and why I'd prefer the outcome to this MJ thing to be something that prevents a reunion any time soon. Because I want a new story to be told.
Hmm..have you read the older stories? Their relationship has the been an ongoing theme since square one. And it means a great deal to the book, check any of Bendis's interviews if you need proof.
Wanting something new is cool, however, you don't throw out something wonderful because things have be different because it is "Ultimate". This is still a Spider-man story, and MJ is an important part of the mythos. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Ultimate universe creatd to be a modern retelling of the mythos, intended to draw in younger audiences? Well, most of us, if not all of us, saw the movies, and we are familiar with Spider-man's beloved redhead. So, wouldn't the writer use something familiar to get our attention? And MJ IS fresh, she is completly different from her 616 counterpart. And the relationship has been written completly differently. So killing her off so we can get a bevy of beauties to pass Peter's way is a lazy way to write. And it does't fit Peter's character either. Kitty is merely a modern incarnation of the Black Cat, so it inevitable that there would be mixed feelings on it.

See, I think that one of the reasons 616 MJ worked well was because she wasn't created to be "the hero's girlfriend". That was what killed 616 Gwen. Ultimate MJ is kind of falling into that trap as well, and it's not good for her. Kitty is her own person--that's a definite point for her. I like them both, though, so I don't care who he ends up with.

Latest posts

Back